Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

And this is a reflection of the mentality of younger people in this country. As if "THE MAN" had it out for Arenas. Boo hoo hoo. They're just out to get him, and take HIS money. We're the victims of circumstance. These things are all out of Gil's hands, and everyone should just lighten up. Woeeee is him.

Are you guys serious?

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

I sometimes wonder if this board is all 15 year olds or people with no jobs. You cannot act this way in representation of a company. ANY of us would be fired if we brought a gun to work. Arenas brought FOUR guns to work. Then, when we all knew he was going to get hammered, he made fun of his boss (Stern) and mocked the fact he was not yet punished. When i was 5 and took cookies from the cookie jar i knew better than to make fun when caught.

To make this even work, he did this in a state with harsh gun laws, with a contract that personally forbids guns and a labor agreement that specifically says no guns.

I hate when people start with the "SEXUAL HARRASMENT IS WORSE, therefor he should be punished less, etc." First of all i don't think sexual harrasment is worse because as bad as it is it doesn't lead to a situation possibly with people dying. And secondly, if it is worse, THEN that situation should be punished more, not Arenas punished less. That logic is so backwards. People automatically want to change the topic.

He's a ****ing idiot. He not only commited a crime, but doesn't appear to understand his trouble increases every time he speaks.

Didn't Washington offer him 127 million, but he said no and took less. I'm not sure if that was a rumour or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
    Didn't Washington offer him 127 million, but he said no and took less. I'm not sure if that was a rumour or not..
    WASHINGTON -- Gilbert Arenas is accepting less money from the Washington Wizards, invoking an attitude far, far removed from the world of his working-class fans.

"What can I do for my family with $127 million that I can't do with $111 million?" he told The Washington Post.

The unpredictable three-time All-Star point guard, in vintage Agent Zero fashion, told the Post and the Washington Times on Thursday that he has agreed to re-sign for $111 million over six years, considerably less than the maximum deal he said the Wizards offered him when the free agency period began on Tuesday.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3473164

well at least some charity gets half of his salary for every game he misses

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I sometimes wonder if this board is all 15 year olds or people with no jobs.

Yes. They are. Havent you seen the thread where people are saying their ages?

Sexual harassment is worse than bring unloaded pistols to work IMO. Taunt me with an unloaded pistol and you will get a laugh from me. What are you gonna do? Harass my sister in a sexual manner and you will get an ass beating. Two different situations.

Who could have possibly died when nobody had any bullets?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Sexual harassment is worse than bring unloaded pistols to work IMO. Taunt me with an unloaded pistol and you will get a laugh from me. What are you gonna do? Harass my sister in a sexual manner and you will get an ass beating. Two different situations.

Unless you're best friends with the boss, you're getting fired for bringing guns to any job.

Let alone pointing them at another co-worker.

And then making jokes about it to the media on top of all that.

Da Mavs

It's all Gil's fault. Even his actions after wards twittering and the gun gestures. This whole story is so sad, we were expecting a renaissance from him this year.

He's probably going to serve some jail time then come back and sign with a team for minimum, similar to Vick.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    And this is a reflection of the mentality of younger people in this country. As if "THE MAN" had it out for Arenas. Boo hoo hoo. They're just out to get him, and take HIS money. We're the victims of circumstance. These things are all out of Gil's hands, and everyone should just lighten up. Woeeee is him.

Are you guys serious?
    Sadly, yes they are.

1) Someone could have taken the gun from his locker. Or stole it. It's guns lying in a locker.
    2) Gilbert, who is insane, could have decided to go get bullets when one of his teammates pissed him off.
    3) Teammate pissed at other person could have threated with gun.
    4) Teammate could have brought his own gun in loaded when Arenas threatened him with a gun.

People have to get off this unloaded ****. It's easier to get bullets than guns. Are you all suburbanites or something? I can count at least 6-7 times in my life i've seen shots fired in anger, it's a bad idea just for anyone to have a gun concealed in public. Plus Arenas is at best a ****ing idiot and at worst insane. This man has 4 guns?

And for those of you who want to judge one wores than another, your opinion is irrelevent, one can get you fired and one can get you in jail so society has already deemed one worse than another.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Unless you're best friends with the boss, you're getting fired for bringing guns to any job.

Let alone pointing them at another co-worker.

And then making jokes about it to the media on top of all that.
    No ****. Where I used to work, sexual harassment was a good enough reason for getting fired, too. What's your point?

Do you know he pointed pistols at anyone? Or are you just going to believe everything the media says before the whole story is unveiled?

BTW....a couple people carried pistols at my job. They weren't stored anywhere, but a couple people had them there. It isn't the smartest thing to do, but don't assume that you would get fired JUST for having a gun.

So how long do you guys think his suspension is going to be?

BTW....a couple people carried pistols at my job. They weren't stored anywhere, but a couple people had them there. It isn't the smartest thing to do, but don't assume that you would get fired JUST for having a gun.
    If your place of work has a strict, well known, no gun policy, yeah, you should assume you will get fired if you bring a gun.

No ****. Where I used to work, sexual harassment was a good enough reason for getting fired, too. What's your point?

Do you know he pointed pistols at anyone? Or are you just going to believe everything the media says before the whole story is unveiled?

yes, i would. i more than likely would have charges brought against me too. my friend is in sanitation. it says IN the city contracts no weapons at work. you'd be fired for a threatening looking knife.

if i did what arenas did, not only would i be fired, 100% i would have charges brought against me. i'd probably get taken to the police by security.

you people are nuts. you can't pull out guns, and say "hey they aren't loaded, it's ok" he committed THREE felonies at work. Maybe you are under the impression he's not in trouble here, he's going to get indicted any day now on THREE felonies.

you are out of your mind if you think this isn't serious.

Note: i don't think harrasment is a little thing. my initial point was people bring that **** up to change the topic. for some reason people think men who get paid millions to bounce a basketball should not lose that right even if they commit crimes, act like idiots, etc.