Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Default Re: red dead redemption

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I don't need a Blu Ray player, but the failed X-Box has given me trepidation.
    The failure rate is looking better and better for the 360's. I won't lie, I'm on my third unit but since I've had my Elite version I've had zero issues - had it going on three years now.

The 360/PS3 debate has been beaten to def, with the biggest buying factor being online features/usage/playability. If you're looking to get the most bang for your buck in this gaming generation and play online, 360 is the obvious choice. If you're looking to just sit back and casually play a game here and there, I can see the logic in going in the PS3 direction.

I'm going to get a PS3 eventually. There are a handful of exclusives I'm itching to play.

I have a killer PC that I do most my "hardcore" gaming on. I know how you feel; I've been looking all over the house trying to figure what I can sell to justify a purchase.
    Different folks, different strokes. I just can't get into PC gaming. There's something about sitting on the sofa with a standard controller in your hand, experiencing the next-gen of gaming with that same-as-it-always-was traditional feeling.

Looking at a PC all day working, the last thing I want to do is invest 2-4 more hours looking at another 'puter screen.

College superstar

I have a killer PC that I do most my "hardcore" gaming on. I know how you feel; I've been looking all over the house trying to figure what I can sell to justify a purchase.
    I own a ps3, I highly reccomend however if you don't need a blu ray player and your a fan of online gaming then go for xbox. Project Natal looks promising on the 360 and right now 360 is a lot more affordable then the playstation.

My backpacks got jets dukecitydave's Avatar

I picked up a copy last night from walmart and got in a couple of hours of game play. This game just looks massive!!! In just two hours I, had to fend off a rabbit attack, herd some cows, caught and tamed wild horses, collected two bounties, killed about 100 baddies and won $100.00 in a poker game.

Anyone who has played GTA 4 will be comfortable with the controls. One notable exception is the riding controls. I kept trying to ride my horse like I would drive a car in GTA. It takes some getting used to. The voice acting is great, except for John Marston. Its the same guy who did the voice of Johnny in The Lost and The Damned. The guy just tries to hard and it comes off as fake and forced. The graphics look great. Just as good, if not better then GTA.

The targeting and cover systems all seem to work well, which is always a concern with rockstar games. The story, so far seems a little fuzzy, but thats to be expected in the first few hours of the game. Cant wait to get off work and play some more. I have a feeling this is going to be a very long next few days for my wife, Its going to be like Mass Effect 2 all over again.
    Last edited by dukecitydave; 05-18-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

What is the cheat situation for this game. I will admit that with GTA 4, I wasn't interested in always outrunning the cops and getting paint jobs on my car, so I would dial up my cheat to lose my wanted level. Obviously don't expect him to be walking around with a cell phone, so how have they addressed that, as well as contacting people you meet throughout the game.

...this game is f*ckin' awesome.

You gonna be a bad guy or good guy?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You gonna be a bad guy or good guy?
    Bad guy so far. It's much more fun to shoot everything that moves then it is to try to bring them back alive.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    ...this game is f*ckin' awesome.
    punk! i gotta wait til payday.

i probably will be too busy playing the multiplayer and won't bother playing that actual game.

Banned

just played a little, its awesome

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

I barely touched the story. Got in about an hour of play and then went online for a few minutes before work. I shot everything that moved. A few guys logged in on the free roam area that I was in and I just killed them. Really fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    I barely touched the story. Got in about an hour of play and then went online for a few minutes before work. I shot everything that moved. A few guys logged in on the free roam area that I was in and I just killed them. Really fun so far.
    One of gamings golden rules "If it moves, its bad, kill it"

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    punk! i gotta wait til payday.

i probably will be too busy playing the multiplayer and won't bother playing that actual game.
    I haven't even touched the single player. The free roam is amazing, and it's even more fun if you have friends with you. I plan to start the single player tonight.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 05-18-2010 at 08:58 PM.

This game is awesome. single player is great except for the long load times between missions. gonna try out the multiplayer when I get home from work tonight.

I played single player for a lil bit. Just before I got to a real mission. The begginning is getting you familiar with the controls. Shooting, riding horse, designated places. Havent gone back to it since. Taking my time.

Weird i waited so long for the game now i'm being all picky about when to play.

Multiplayer folks shot at me. I ran into a posse and all I heard was get him. You guys should try shooting innocent people, sometimes sheriffs or authority figures. Its fun holding down a house and killing the people trying to capture you.

Map is huge.

I've run into 2 errors tho. Multiplayer I've been booted off into single player. Unsure if it was server related or what. An error message popped up and off to single player I went. When I got killed and respawned? My players gun was invisible. He was holding a gun but the gun didnt show. Then not too long after that I got the error message and was booted.