Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829

Default Re: Smartest posters on ISH

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    There are idiots in all walks of life. I dont see why GP is thinking otherwise.
    I don't think otherwise.

I said GENERALLY completing an Engineering/Math/Science major is harder than English/Philosophy/Political Science. That's all. That's what we were arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    The fact that you think it's "The same" shows that you are thinking very shallowly. In real life, only objective data is exactly the same at times. Almost everything in real life is not the "exact same". Thus it's "not the same". There's a clear cut answer in this case.

Look I'm not even an engineering major and I'm saying this. I already said that many many many more get cut from engineering because they are not good enough versus doing english or humanities. That supports engineering is harder.

The 2nd argument I'll use is, majors in science/math/engingeering get higher GRE, GMAT, etc. test scores than majors in english/humanities/philosophy.
    I think last time I read an article, Physics majors scored the highest. Once again, what does that tell you?

I can go on and on, and every piece of evidence will point towards common sense.
    You need a 1st argument in order to have a second argument.

GRE and GMAT are extraordinarily low predictors of graduate and professional success. R^2 < 0.45.

Clowning on you is so easy. Makes it so much fun when everyone on this site joins in. You're such an ignoramus; it's pure comedy gold. And you never answered my questions from earlier. Are you 19? Have you ever had an interview that didn't involve anything a dollar from minimum wage? You don't even have a degree?

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    , glove is right on this one.

You get that Jello? Get the f*uck out and go read 1st grade English again

Hume>Kunt.

Ok now we know who flunked 1st Grade English. I'm wasting my time talking to repeating 1st graders.
    Okay I'm going to spell this out very slowly and clearly for you.
    You know what I notice when I post on ISH, this is almost always true.

I'm always right. I'm always correcting some dumbass that is wrong. And this pattern repeats itself to infinity.

Like there are so many misconceptions ISH posters have. It's sad. Now I know how those people who are asked all the questions feel. Most people really don't have a clue.
    "This" in the sentence "This is almost always true" is referring to the following sentence "I'm always right. I'm always correcting some dumbass that is wrong. And this pattern repeats itself to infinity." Now how can the fact you are "always right" be "almost always true." Do you now understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    Okay I'm going to spell this out very slowly and clearly for you.

"This" in the sentence "This is almost always true" is referring to the following sentence "I'm always right. I'm always correcting some dumbass that is wrong. And this pattern repeats itself to infinity." Now how can the fact you are "always right" be "almost always true." Do you now understand?
    Yeah I tried to help you. But you are beyond my help. Maybe RidonKs can explain it to you. I tried. Sorry. Get Hooked on Phonics.

Hume>Kunt.

are you kidding?

you just said THIS

you might as well be talking in f*cking wingdings.

although to be fair, in spite of his horrible grasp of the english language and complete inability to communicate the simplest concepts without turning them into quantum physics, glove is right on this one. unfortunately.

why the f*ck am i still in this thread?
    How am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You need a 1st argument in order to have a second argument.

GRE and GMAT are extraordinarily low predictors of graduate and professional success. R^2 < 0.45.

Clowning on you is so easy. Makes it so much fun when everyone on this site joins in. You're such an ignoramus; it's pure comedy gold. And you never answered my questions from earlier. Are you 19? Have you ever had an interview that didn't involve anything a dollar from minimum wage? You don't even have a degree?
    Hey don't try to change the subject. I said that Math/Science/Engineering majors are more difficult than English/Philosophy/PS majors IN GENERAL.

I've displayed many arguments, showing the difficulty is greater.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    How am I wrong?
    well, i guess there are different interpretations. my thinking is that the sentence 'im always right' is under the provision of the sentence that comes directly prior, the conditional statement persay, 'this is almost always true'. its a confusing and moronic way to phrase it (as per glove's custom), but if you're going to make any sense out of it, i think you would have to conclude that its almost always true that he is always right, because in each situation where he might be 'always' right, there is a chance that it'll come under the condition of that statement only being true 'almost always'. if that makes any sense to you.

i see where you're coming from though. and both premises, of course , are utterly false, thus negating any conclusions one might reach from them.

Hume>Kunt.

well, i guess there are different interpretations. my thinking is that the sentence 'im always right' is under the provision of the sentence that comes directly prior, the conditional statement persay, 'this is almost always true'. its a confusing and moronic way to phrase it (as per glove's custom), but if you're going to make any sense out of it, i think you would have to conclude that its almost always true that he is always right, because in each situation where he might be 'always' right, there is a chance that it'll come under the condition of that statement only being true 'almost always'. if that makes any sense to you.

i see where you're coming from though. and both premises, of course , are utterly false, thus negating any conclusions one might reach from them.
    Oh I see what you're saying.