Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    7 is a tough mish.

Play as Hope, and get BarThunder up on all your characters ASAP. Then just have a Commando and Ravager go to town, while you heal with Hope, and Ravage with Hope when you get a chance. The key is having BarThunder up when he does his AoE lighting attack. You should be able to survive his other attacks.
    So having HP in the 2000's is fine or am I too weak? I guess that guy on the video could have gone back just to create the help video, because no way 8000+ HP should be common by then right?

Finally beat it. Hope, Sazh and Lightning. Starter Syn/Syn/Medic to get all my buffs, big ones being veil, barthunder and haste, then went medic/com/com. Took a long time and I was healing and using ensu constantly but sazh and lighting finally took it down.

BD, is this mission where you said it was a good place to farm?

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    Finally beat it. Hope, Sazh and Lightning. Starter Syn/Syn/Medic to get all my buffs, big ones being veil, barthunder and haste, then went medic/com/com. Took a long time and I was healing and using ensu constantly but sazh and lighting finally took it down.

BD, is this mission where you said it was a good place to farm?

This is the mission people farm for the Tetradric Crown, which you eventually turn into the Speed Boots. That's probably what the guy in the video was doing.

Don't worry about it now though. Just make a mental note, and when you get stronger, come back and farm him for the Crown.

This is the mission people farm for the Tetradric Crown, which you eventually turn into the Speed Boots. That's probably what the guy in the video was doing.

Don't worry about it now though. Just make a mental note, and when you get stronger, come back and farm him for the Crown.
    I beat 8 and have the collector's catalog...is that what I need to get the Tetradric Crown?

Sorry for all the Q's...appreciate the help!

Over time, once you get certain items does it make certain characters useless? Like I use Sazh now basically because of Haste. Will Hope learn Haste making Sazh no longer needed? Or those speed boots? Do the Syn's eventually learn all the same abilities? Same for the Sab's etc?

Related question, will having two catalouges in my party increase my chance of getting a crown? I need 1 more. I already have 5 sprint shoues but dont like equipping / removing items

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I beat 8 and have the collector's catalog...is that what I need to get the Tetradric Crown?

Sorry for all the Q's...appreciate the help!

Over time, once you get certain items does it make certain characters useless? Like I use Sazh now basically because of Haste. Will Hope learn Haste making Sazh no longer needed? Or those speed boots? Do the Syn's eventually learn all the same abilities? Same for the Sab's etc?
    Yes, the colletors catalog is what will increase the drop rate of the crown.

No character will ever become useless, as some will always do something better than another. Hope/Sazh will always be the bst buffers, Fang/Snow will always be the best tanks, Fang/Vanille will always be the best debuffers, etc.. Yes, eventually Hope learns Haste, so you don't have to use Sazh to buff. I use Hope as my buffer/healer.

The characters don't learn ALL the same abilities, but many abilties do overlap. The main difference I've seen is some characters learn group buffs/debuffs, while some only learn single buff/debuffs.

For example, Vanille is a great debuffer, but she doesn't learn a lot of group debuffs. On the other hand, Fang learns lots of group debuffs... which I why I use her as my go-to debuffer, typically.
    Last edited by bdreason; 04-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Related question, will having two catalouges in my party increase my chance of getting a crown? I need 1 more. I already have 5 sprint shoues but dont like equipping / removing items

Nah, you can't stack the same catolog to improve drop rates. However, you can upgrade one of the collectors catalog into a connesiuers (sp) catalog, which increased the drop rate of "rare" items.

When I'm farming I typically carry one of each catalog on each of my 3 active characters;

Survivors Catalog - increases drop rate of Shrouds.
    Collectors Catalog - increases drop rate of items.
    Connosuiers Catalog - increased drop rate of "rare" items.

I finished the game and didn't get the ending.

Now farming Trapz but still getting a big giant O
    Last edited by gasolina; 04-12-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Gasolina you should edit your post, because he have people visiting this thread who haven't finished it yet. If you have a question about the ending, shoot me a PM.

Also, I don't farm Trapz. Instead, I chose to farm gil in a spot towards the end. I made about 400k an hour, and bought a Trapz for 2 million. Then you can build up one final weapon (fangs or vanilles), max it out, then dismantle it for 3 traps. Rinse and repeat.

Gasolina you should edit your post, because he have people visiting this thread who haven't finished it yet. If you have a question about the ending, shoot me a PM.

Also, I don't farm Trapz. Instead, I chose to farm gil in a spot towards the end. I made about 400k an hour, and bought a Trapz for 2 million. Then you can build up one final weapon (fangs or vanilles), max it out, then dismantle it for 3 traps. Rinse and repeat.
    I don't know which is harder, gettin a Trapz or getting 2 million. The way the game whores you up when selling items is just bad. 10k for scarletite? really?

What the best way to earn money? I've killed 3 Adamantoises with 2 different catalogues and I got an aegisol. At that point i hit the ps button to turn it off.

Not gonna lie, it's a long grind either way. They should have balanced it better to make getting the final weapons easier.

If you want to do what I did, I'll tell you where I farmed.

At the end ofthe game, there are 3 portals. One leads to the end, one leads back to Gan Pulse, and one leads to Eden Hall (i think that's the name of it).

Take the portal to EdenHall. At the beginning of it there is a save point. Run out the hall and straight across the bridge. There will be a bunch of those unforgiven cieth guys, and one fight on the middle with a big shell looking guy. Anyway, you can get the drop on most of the encounters, and even if you don't, the fights take maybe 30-60 seconds. Clear the bridge, run back to the save point, and the bridge will respawn... do this over and over. The guys drop Scarletite and Perfume a lot which sell well. Once you get good at it, you can make about 400k gil an hour, as well as building up your characters CP.

I just set up and 1 sabatour and 2 ravagers and hit auto attack over and over.

The guys drop Scarletite and Perfume a lot which sell well. Once you get good at it, you can make about 400k gil an hour, as well as building up your characters CP.

I just set up and 1 sabatour and 2 ravagers and hit auto attack over and over.
    Thanks. Surely that's a lot more enjoyable than spamming death on an Adamantoise.

Not gonna lie, it's a long grind either way. They should have balanced it better to make getting the final weapons easier..
    I won't complain much. At least they didn't let us dodge 300 lightning bolts or not open certain chests or chain kill 150 flaming wolves.

I sure do hope that when I do get the ultimate weapons I'd feel much more powerful. Kinda like when I first got the Sunflower and the Masamune in FFXII

You're wasting a lot of time and money.

You can make about 160k in 5 minutes with an Adamantoise. Sometimes they don't give you anything, but you can get A LOT MORE than your 400k an hour.

And they occasionally drop Trapz.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Thanks. Surely that's a lot more enjoyable than spamming death on an Adamantoise.
    They aren't that hard to kill.

Go to Eden Hall where the Adamantoise is. There's a savepoint right next to it so it's a great spot.

Summon immediately. It will take out its legs for whatever reason. Debuff it. Make sure you have Auto-Haste. Once you've made all possible debuffs (Deprotect, Deshell, Imperil and Slow), switch to a Ravager, stagger it and do your thing with your summon. Once the other 2 members are back, switch to Syn/Syn/Syn and caste Haste/Faith/Bravery. Then switch to Rav/Rav/Rav and stagger it again. Try to get its stagger percentage to 999% before switching to Commando/Commando/Commando. And then you should be able to kill it before it gets back up. It's a 2 minute fight. Then kill the guards nearby to get your TP back. If you're lucky that's 160k in 5 minutes (it probably happens like 65% of the time). Or a Trapz in 5 minutes (maybe something like 8% of the time). And if you get nothing you can just reload your game and you've only wasted 2 minutes of your time.

And eventually you'll be able to kill it in just under a minute.

Thanks for the tips, but i'm done grinding. I needed to max out my CP anyway, so the way I did it worked out for me.