Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII

And you have to be pretty stacked to nuke those guys down before they get up. I doubt Gasolina has the firepower, or even the combinations (3 guys with all Syn/Rav/Com) to drop them quick enough.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Having some issues with Mission 12, the big rock guy. Any thoughts? I assume Vanille is a must with Deshell?

Also, how can I jump at the yellow marks?
    Last edited by RapsFan; 04-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Banned

So who here thinks that there will more likely than unlikely be a XIII-2? I really want one.....

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    Having some issues with Mission 12, the big rock guy. Any thoughts? I assume Vanille is a must with Deshell?

Also, how can I jump at the yellow marks?

hmmm don't really remember him well. I think just use Ravagers (elemental magic, not ruin) on him... maybe DeShell / Imperial will help.

Once you complete mish 14, you can ride Chocobo's. They allow you to jump at the yellow marks.

Banned

Why am I being ignored by everyone and by you bdreason?

Quote Originally Posted by HisAirness3

Well personally I haven't made it to the end of the story so I don't really know at this point in terms of a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by HisAirness3

I'm not ignoring you man, I just don't have an answer. My guess is they will either have a downloadable expansion, or maybe a sequal.

I actually met a guy who works for Square Enix a couple days ago, and we discussed the success of FF13. He said the game was incredibly successful, but I didn't ask him anything about a sequal because we were talking business (real estate).

Next time I speak with him I'll see if I can get a little info about the future of the franchise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm not ignoring you man, I just don't have an answer. My guess is they will either have a downloadable expansion, or maybe a sequal.

I actually met a guy who works for Square Enix a couple days ago, and we discussed the success of FF13. He said the game was incredibly successful, but I didn't ask him anything about a sequal because we were talking business (real estate).

Next time I speak with him I'll see if I can get a little info about the future of the franchise.
    Nice man, sorry about hassling you earlier. Well they already said they have no plans for a DLC, IIRC. The sequel has loads of potential.

This game felt incomplete, at least as far as the information went.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    And you have to be pretty stacked to nuke those guys down before they get up. I doubt Gasolina has the firepower, or even the combinations (3 guys with all Syn/Rav/Com) to drop them quick enough.
    That's right, I just finished my first 5th level crystal. I don't even have a 4th crystal yet.

I tried the Eden hall Sacrifice fights and I did get Scarletites and Perfumes every time. So I'll stick with those until I get stronger.

Another question, when do I even attempt the Titan quests?

I was wondering how many mission people did and when. I am trying to beat mission 16. I had a really tough time with 15 (bunch of Goblins) and am getting killed really fast by the guys that were bothering the cocobos (2nd time fighting them).

I can't imagine being able to beat many more if they continue to get harder. Am I just not using the right squad? Am I just too weak? I am just level 3 crytal for each chacters 3 skills.....nobody has over 3000 HP.

Should I just walk around fighting stuff...not sure if I am overly excited to do that? Should I continue with the chapter and come back to the missions? If I can't beat the missions, what luck would I at moving forward in the game? Other then Snow and Vanielle, I don't have anyone suggessted weapon to build.

I am getting a little frusturated and a few times have contemplated putting the game down.

Argh.

I was wondering how many mission people did and when. I am trying to beat mission 16. I had a really tough time with 15 (bunch of Goblins) and am getting killed really fast by the guys that were bothering the cocobos (2nd time fighting them).

I can't imagine being able to beat many more if they continue to get harder. Am I just not using the right squad? Am I just too weak? I am just level 3 crytal for each chacters 3 skills.....nobody has over 3000 HP.

Should I just walk around fighting stuff...not sure if I am overly excited to do that? Should I continue with the chapter and come back to the missions? If I can't beat the missions, what luck would I at moving forward in the game? Other then Snow and Vanielle, I don't have anyone suggessted weapon to build.

I am getting a little frusturated and a few times have contemplated putting the game down.

Argh.
    Don't worry man. Chapter 11 kinda kicks you in the nuts. From Chapters 1-10 they give you enemies which you could wrap up real quickly without grinding. Chapter 11 suddendly throws you into a wide open space where you won't probably be able to beat most of the enemies especially in the wide open area.

I was in the same boat as you trying to complete missions and beat that Great Behemoth the first time I saw it. I recommend that you go ahead with the story and find Oerba first. The enemies in the underground mine and Taejin's Tower are noticeable easier than those in Gran Pulse. After you face the boss in Oerba you could backtrack all the way back to the open area and start doing missions.

Does anybody recommend Snow's sacrificial circle? This is the only way that Snow can be paired up with Fang as a ravager.

Has anybody tried Snow as a Ravager? I have him in Power Circle but no sense having him in party since damage wise Fang eats him alive.

Raps, just go on with the storymode, then come back later and do some more cieth missions.

Gasolina, Snow rides the bench for me. I only bring him in for class A boss fights where I need a a serious tank. Fang can tank just fine and is a better Commando. I chose Umbra for Snows weapon because, like I said, I only use him for tanking.

I just moved on with the story and am loving it again! Will go back to do more missions later.

I was looking back in this thread and saw the post BD made about the ideal weapons you chose. Curious why you chose the Pandora Spear for Fang. Is her ability as a Sab crutial going forward? It gives Fang a high magic bonus....stupid question, but does she use magic? are her SEN and SAB abilities impacted by her magic score? It's max STR is like 610, compared to the Taming Pole (no lock) which is like 920. What should I equip her with and build?

I just moved on with the story and am loving it again! Will go back to do more missions later.

I was looking back in this thread and saw the post BD made about the ideal weapons you chose. Curious why you chose the Pandora Spear for Fang. Is her ability as a Sab crutial going forward? It gives Fang a high magic bonus....stupid question, but does she use magic? are her SEN and SAB abilities impacted by her magic score? It's max STR is like 610, compared to the Taming Pole (no lock) which is like 920. What should I equip her with and build?
    I know it wasn't directed to me but Saboteurs are essential especially late in the game. For all my parties I have Fang and Vanille starting as SABs. The higher the magic stat for the player the higher the % of getting the debuff on. I think Pandora Spear gives a time bonus to debuffs right?