Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Wizards trade Antawn Jamison Cavaliers in 3-team deal; Clippers involved

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    lebon abused artest twice this season. im not saying in a 7 game series he wouldn't be able to lock down lebron but artest will get tired alot older then lebron.

O' rly? My stats say otherwise.

v3DreJ80
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Antawn Jamison to the Cavs done?

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    dude its not hate, Jamison just flat out sucks at D. He won't magically get better just b/c he is on the Cavs
    Actually, I think they'll be able to mask it a lot better with Shaq in the middle defending the paint. Unless Jamison is one of those garbage defenders that don't even bother contesting shots. I think he's a garbage defender, but I think it can be masked better on the Cavs. What is your take on all this? Cavs team to beat in the EAST?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Wizards trade Antawn Jamison Cavaliers in 3-team deal; Clippers involved

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Did you forget Artest? Don't start sucking that Cleveland pipe yet, the Lakers are still the team to beat.

Dont Think so Cavs are So Deep..They will come at teams in Waves and of Course the Best player in the World LBJ...Jamison can score from Inside out and Cavs will be almost impossible to defend with LBJ Orchestrating..

I expect the Lakers to run more Bynum/Odom and Pau/Odom against the Cavs now, unless they want to take advantage of their size with Pau at the 4. Wizards are like those guys in fantasy who give up and trade all their good players away near the end of the season for nothing First Caron and Haywood for crap, and now Jamison for crap

I rule the local playground

Well jamison is a better defender than Stoudemire in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by v3DreJ80
    Actually, I think they'll be able to mask it a lot better with Shaq in the middle defending the paint. Unless Jamison is one of those garbage defenders that don't even bother contesting shots. I think he's a garbage defender, but I think it can be masked better on the Cavs. What is your take on all this? Cavs team to beat in the EAST?

It wasn't masked when he was alongside Brenden Heywood who is infinitely better at defense than Shaq these days.

I already thought the Cavs were the team to beat b/c Orlando went and screwed up their chemistry.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    I expect the Lakers to run more Bynum/Odom and Pau/Odom against the Cavs now, unless they want to take advantage of their size with Pau at the 4. Wizards are like those guys in fantasy who give up and trade all their good players away near the end of the season for nothing First Caron and Haywood for crap, and now Jamison for crap
    At least the Wizards got Josh Howard in return for Caron. Cleveland pretty much didn't give up anything for Jamison.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    so u have LO defending jamison, shaq defending pau who's left to guard lebron? kobe...lol.
    Kobe actually did a great job last year on him. But still one of the main reasons we brought Artest in was so that Kobe didn't have to guard 3s that Ariza couldn't handle.

Banned

Default Re: Trade: Antawn Jamison to Cavaliers in 3-team deal involving Wizards, Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Chad Ford :

yeah, pretty sure he isnt worried about that

I rule the local playground

besides, cleveland is the best defensive team in the league, its not like were desperate for defense. how anyone can try to make this trade into a negative boggles my mind, and thats why i called hate.

v3DreJ80
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    It wasn't masked when he was alongside Brenden Heywood who is infinitely better at defense than Shaq these days.

I already thought the Cavs were the team to beat b/c Orlando went and screwed up their chemistry.
    Shaq is the better helpside/weakside defender while Haywood is the better individual defender. But I do agree with you, I thought the Cavs could take out Orlando when they decided to roll with Carter instead of Turkoglu. Also, Shaq is still capable of containing Dwight Howard at this age.

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Thank God people can stop talking about Lebron being a free agent. Knicks fans must be crushed right now.

This is a clear indication by the Cavs that they are willing to give him a team, he's staying in Cleveland if the deal goes through.
    lol nice team, cavs looking pretty scary

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMarkus
    besides, cleveland is the best defensive team in the league, its not like were desperate for defense. how anyone can try to make this trade into a negative boggles my mind, and thats why i called hate.

umm... did I try and make it a negative?

all I said was this makes them worse defensively, Jamison next to Shaq is a terrible defensive combo and Jamison won't suddenly be good at D just b/c he is on the Cavs.

I also said it makes them better on offense.

You need to learn to process what you have read brah.

Quote Originally Posted by v3DreJ80
    Shaq is the better helpside/weakside defender while Haywood is the better individual defender. But I do agree with you, I thought the Cavs could take out Orlando when they decided to roll with Carter instead of Turkoglu. Also, Shaq is still capable of containing Dwight Howard at this age.

ehh, I would argue that but we pretty much agree that the Cavs are favs to win the East anyway so thats not really worth argument.
    Last edited by kentatm; 02-17-2010 at 09:20 PM.

It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    At least the Wizards got Josh Howard in return for Caron. Cleveland pretty much didn't give up anything for Jamison.
    Yep.

Cleveland beat LA twice, and just added a former All Star. People can shuffle around names & matchups on a piece of paper all they want, but Cleveland is clearly the best team right now.

LA can certainly come together and beat them (if the rest of the team keeps playing like they are now and Kobe fits in), but it will be a dog fight at most.

Hopefully Kobe and LBJ will both be healthy, and we may just get an epic Finals that answers a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMarkus
    Actually, believe it or not, the Cavs this year have a better offensive rating (2nd in the league I think) compared to defensive rating, which is 5th or something. I do think this will change in the playoffs though, which this trade is for, so it makes sense.