Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: strange happenings in louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Buy an ouija board.
    It says right on the back of the box that you subconsciously move it yourself. Ouija boards are not proof of their being spirits.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Anyone every experience sleep paralysis? It is some scary shit. I never knew what it was called till I clicked on Vapid's link. Describes what I've experienced a couple times perfectly. It feels like I haven't gone to sleep yet, when really, I've woken up during REM sleep but I can't move my body at all, and I'm seeing/hearing some really cary stuff.

I ent through that in my mid 20s, then it just stopped. It is pretty terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    ^^Homeless guy living in the building.
    Since I'm not one that really buys into the "paranormal" stuff without some actual hard evidence, I'm still more convinced that it was a homeless guy than a ghost or something.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Anyone every experience sleep paralysis? It is some scary shit. I never knew what it was called till I clicked on Vapid's link. Describes what I've experienced a couple times perfectly. It feels like I haven't gone to sleep yet, when really, I've woken up during REM sleep but I can't move my body at all, and I'm seeing/hearing some really scary stuff.
    I've experienced this a couple of times but it's been a long time since it happened last. It wasn't really freaky but just really weird. I knew I was "awake" but couldn't move my body at all. I kind of felt like I was still partially asleep and dreaming. It's not a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    That used to happen to me fairly regularly when I was younger, usually when napping in the afternoon. It hardly happens at all now.
    Weird. The three or four times it's happened to me was during a mid-day nap and not at night or in the morning.

Blu Ray

It's sometimes called Old Hag syndrome. And yes, I've had it a few times. Not pleasant, that's for sure.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Does anyone know anything about this Holder Series? I just read "Holder of the End" and have no idea how to interpret it. Apparently there are 538 of these or something, I have no idea....

Second post here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=35525085

Probably all just fictional stories told on the web.
    Bump in case Marlo or someone has any idea...

In any city, in any country, go to any mental institution you can get yourself to. When you reach the front desk, ask to visit someone who calls himself "The Holder of the End". Should a look of child-like fear come over the workers face, you will then be taken to a cell in the building. It will be in a deep hidden section of the building. All you will hear is the sound of someone talking to themselves echo the halls. It is in a language that you will not understand, but your very soul will feel unspeakable fear.

Should the talking stop at any time, STOP and QUICKLY say aloud "I'm just passing through, I wish to talk." If you still hear silence, flee. Leave, do not stop for anything, do not go home, don't stay at an inn, just keep moving, and sleep where your body drops. You will know in the morning if you've escaped.

If the voice in the hall comes back after you utter those words continue on. Upon reaching the cell all you will see is a windowless room with a person in the corner, speaking an unknown language, and cradling something. The person will only respond to one question. "What happens when they all come together?"

The person will then stare into your eyes and answer your question in horrifying detail. Many go mad in that very cell, some disappear soon after the meeting, and a few end their lives. But most do the worst thing, and look upon the object in the person's hands. You will want to as well. Be warned that if you do, your death will be one of cruelty and unrelenting horror.

Your death will be in that room, by that person's hands.

That object is 1 of 538. They must never come together. Never.

Blu Ray

I just Googled that a few minutes ago and read the first two but didn't quite understand the purpose of it all.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    I just Googled that a few minutes ago and read the first two but didn't quite understand the purpose of it all.
    Is it like a dork meme or what? Is there really 538 of those? I have an easy solution to avoid dying most foul though: Don't visit a mental institution

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Is it like a dork meme or what? Is there really 538 of those? I have an easy solution to avoid dying most foul though: Don't visit a mental institution
    I think It's something anyone can do. They give you a detailed guide on how to write one and then you can submit it. It's probably just been growing over a few years with 538 of them.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    It says right on the back of the box that you subconsciously move it yourself. Ouija boards are not proof of their being spirits.
    I think that is bullshit. Maybe it is true but I know when I did it the little moving thing was sitting right above the board a few milimeters at one point. Like hovering.

Maybe they need to put that on the box for it to be legal to be sold in some places. Just like how they put "For Tobacco Use Only" on bongs and shit.

Future D1 Dad

i remember some friends telling me about doing that "light as a feather, stiff as a board" stuff and it working.

I don't know, but that story wasn't that creepy to me. Your mind can play tricks on you at night and you can also misjudge things quite a bit when it's dark. Hell, people misjudge/misidentify things when there's plenty of light when something is off in the distance.

Truth Seeker

Were the tentacles really necessary?