Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: "I could lead the league in scoring every year" Lebron

Does he have the ability to lead the league in scoring each season? Yes. Could he actually do it? No, just on the basis this league has some other scorers just as good. The competition alone would deny him winning the scoring title each year.

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Kobe fans flocked to this thread like flies flock to sh!t

NBA lottery pick

Question:

IF LeBron doesn't care, then why does he have to go off like this? Why must he even say it? If he TRULY doesn't care who wins the scoring title, why even bother wasting his breathe on this self-praising remark?

Of course he cares about it. Could he average 35 ppg? Yeah, if he took the ball to the hoop more consistently. If he was on a bad team, then yeah. But he's not. IF he could, then he would.

And IF he didn't really care, then he wouldnt have responded like that or said that.

Hey LeBron, go have a tall nice glass of humility. It'll do you good.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by EllisGW
    Kobe May end up having the better career but you can't compare a 13 year career to 7 year career becuase the person has plenty More chances to win and have bigger numbers. Kobe never scored multiple 60 points in the first 7 years of his career.

Truth is Kobe never scored 60 until the new rules started... Only tmac hit the 60 pt mark... Lebron could score 60 and maybe even low 70's but I doubt he will ever keep shooting to get those points.. Matter of fact Lebron scored 56 in his second year.. He could easily go for more than that but he usually starts passing.. I don't think he could get 80 though.. He doesn't shoot free throws for a high percentage... And he would have to do that to get that high..

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    Question:

IF LeBron doesn't care, then why does he have to go off like this? Why must he even say it? If he TRULY doesn't care who wins the scoring title, why even bother wasting his breathe on this self-praising remark?

Of course he cares about it. Could he average 35 ppg? Yeah, if he took the ball to the hoop more consistently. If he was on a bad team, then yeah. But he's not. IF he could, then he would.

And IF he didn't really care, then he wouldnt have responded like that or said that.

I get what you are saying but even if he would have came with an answer like "Im not worried about that"The Kobe and Durant fans will just come and say hes lying blah,blah,blah.The sad thing is if he scores 40 tonight in a close game,they will come and have something negative to say about it.

Very good NBA starter

so could durant, kobe, melo, wade..

what a dumb statement that people are reading into too much.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Amil23
    I get what you are saying but even if he would have came with an answer like "Im not worried about that"The Kobe and Durant fans will just come and say hes lying blah,blah,blah.The sad thing is if he scores 40 tonight in a close game,they will come and have something negative to say about it.
    nah i think the only reason there was a slight glimmer of criticism from anyone was he stat padded for an entire quarter in the last game. In a blowout, most superstars would sit out the 4th.

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Question:

Exactly what I was thinking. He obviously cares if he makes a statement saying he COULD do it EVERY year.
    This is also a way for him to "save face" when and if he get's beaten by Durant. He'll say, "I wasn't worried about it, scoring titles are no big deal, I can get them whenever I want."
    Sounds like a BIG FAT BABY to me.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Lebron could average 50 PPG, but it will be at the expense of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaprine
    I don't believe you lebron, but these guys probably do

LOL

I rule the local playground

Question:

omg youre an idiot.

NBA Scoring Race

As of March 27, 2010

LeBron - 29.8 ppg
    Durant - 29.6 ppg

shhhhhhh

it is a silly statement only in that he's not the only player this could apply to.. any of the top players that have the ball in their hands 30% or more of the time could be racking up more points per game if they chose to...

Usage Pct

1. Dwyane Wade-MIA 35.0
    2. Carmelo Anthony-DEN 33.7
    3. LeBron James-CLE 33.5
    4. Kobe Bryant-LAL 32.3
    5. Kevin Durant-OKC 32.0

each and everyone of these guys can put up big points almost at will..

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    Durant is a better scorer and rebounder
    LeBron is a better passer and defender

Lucky for Durant his position does not depend upon passing ability whereas LeBron's, point guard, does.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    The scoring title will come down between LeBron James, who is at 29.8 points a game and Kevin Durant at 29.7.

Both men have played 70 games and James has just seven more total points, 2,086 to Durant's 2,077.

Durant has already said he thinks James will win. James says he doesn't care and, if he did, he'd win the scoring race every year.

"If it happens, it happens, it is not important to me at all," said James, who won the scoring title in the 2007-08 season and at 27.8 points a game is currently the active leader in career scoring average.

"Our team is trying to clinch (homecourt advantage) for the whole playoffs and is more important. If I really wanted to, I if really wanted to win the scoring title I could win it every single year," James said. "Every single year, I could really do it. But it doesn't matter to me."

Via Plain Dealer

he must have seen joyners dumb post saying he trying to win it yesterday. oh yea if u want a link its on that other site that rhymes wit tealbm...

Am I the only one who noticed this terrible math?

Anyways, I think its completely true. If he didn't go into "Ima get a triple double" mode every time he has a big first half, he could easily win the scoring title every single year.