Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Amazes me how anyone would rather watch baseball/soccer over basketball/footbal

Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe I'm being ignorant, but I just don't get how anyone would rather watch baseball or soccer over basketball or football. Two of these sports are clearly more exciting from beginning to end then the other two. I'm not trying to hate or criticize, I just want to understand what exactly would be the appeal for those sports over basketball and football.

Default Re: Amazes me how anyone would rather watch baseball/soccer over basketball/footbal

american football sucks

Default Re: Amazes me how anyone would rather watch baseball/soccer over basketball/footbal

I agree. Baseball and soccer are the two worst sports to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Maybe I'm being ignorant
    There you go then.

What's not to like about soccer? The sport provides an excellent mix of skill, athleticism, passion, IQ, continuous action, team ability, individual ability and strategy.

There is a reason it's by far the most popular spectator sport in the world, and that's because it's extremely entertaining to the open minded spectator.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    There you go then.

What's not to like about soccer? The sport provides an excellent mix of skill, athleticism, passion, IQ, continuous action, team ability, individual ability and strategy.

There is a reason it's by far the most popular spectator sport in the world, and that's because it's extremely entertaining to the open minded spectator.
    But it doesn't provide continuous action. They literally can go half the game without one team even coming close to scoring.

Soccer > all.

There have been moments this past year in soccer where the club I support provided entertainment and emotions that I have never ever experienced in any other sport. And, I can't imagine anything ever will. I might have said basketball = soccer before this year, but the stuff I've been through this year related to soccer makes that comparison laughable now.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

It's all a part of what you've grown up to adapt to love.

My cousing does not watch any sport but tennis. He actually says basketball is boring and it only interests him to watch the last to minutes because nothing else goes on in the game

But it doesn't provide continuous action. They literally can go half the game without one team even coming close to scoring.
    Yes it does. The game is continuous except for very minor stoppage of plays, injury breaks and halftime.

Action =/= scoring.

I enjoy watching soccer but Ice Hockey >>>

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Football is the slowest sport around. 3 seconds, stop for 3 minutes, 8 seconds, stop for 3 minutes...
    You're exaggerating, right?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yes it does. The game is continuous except for very minor stoppage of plays, injury breaks and halftime.

Action =/= scoring.
    I didn't say scoring, I said coming close to scoring i.e. any play of significance. I don't know, I just don't see it. To each his own. I just sometimes meet people that seem a bit surprised that I'm so much into the NBA yet they're big soccer or MLB fans, and I'm just thinking to myself "really?"

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    It's all a part of what you've grown up to adapt to love.

My cousing does not watch any sport but tennis. He actually says basketball is boring and it only interests him to watch the last to minutes because nothing else goes on in the game
    I don't really watch tennis, but it actually is pretty fun to watch. I can see the appeal there.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    You're exaggerating, right?
    That really is how it goes lol, a few seconds of play and then 3 minutes in between each play.

I like all three except for baseball, but I much rather enjoy watching basketball and futbol than american football. MUCH rather.

I didn't say scoring, I said coming close to scoring i.e. any play of significance. I don't know, I just don't see it. To each his own. I just sometimes meet people that seem a bit surprised that I'm so much into the NBA yet they're big soccer or MLB fans, and I'm just thinking to myself "really?"
    Are these people white?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    That really is how it goes lol, a few seconds of play and then 3 minutes in between each play.
    Keep posting, please.