Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: David Robinson vs Kevin Garnett?

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    BTW,

I have no real preference between Robinson and Garnett. I just get sick-and-tired of reading how Hakeem "destroyed" DRob.
    i was only referring to that MVP series in 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    I'll take KG. Robinson never showed up for the playoffs and wasn't there mentally. Too soft. Also, KG's longevity is much more impressive.
    compared to admiral, kg is a legendary playoff performer...
    hahahaha

and stop with the longevity crap.
    robinson played 14 nba seasons but he only came to the league at 24.
    he retired at 37.

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    compared to admiral, kg is a legendary playoff performer...
    hahahaha
    You probably havent seen prime KG in the playoffs, isnt? Granted he havent won much with a crappy Wolves against much stronger competition, yet he had remarkable performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    You probably havent seen prime KG in the playoffs, isnt? Granted he havent won much with a crappy Wolves against much stronger competition, yet he had remarkable performances.
    i've seen him a lot. he needed sam and spree to boast his confidence to take over a series.
    other than that, he's always been criticized for not taking the initiative in crunchtime.
    as for who had the "crappier" team, robinson had rodman, sean elliott, avery, chuck person, willie anderson. apart from rodman, that's not any better than kg's timberwolves cast.

i've seen him a lot. he needed sam and spree to boast his confidence to take over a series.
    other than that, he's always been criticized for not taking the initiative in crunchtime.
    as for who had the "crappier" team, robinson had rodman, sean elliott, avery, chuck person, willie anderson. apart from rodman, that's not any better than kg's timberwolves cast.
    You mus be joking Garnett best playoffs performances are similar or even better than Duncans, the way he almost singlehandedly won over better Kings team was pretty amazing.

"not taking the initiative in crunchtime" is a common myth. If he passes to an open teammate for the shot in the clutch isnt lack of initiative, its a smart basketball. Bird and Jordan also sometimes passed the ball the crunchtime, and they are the clutchest guys in the history. Some data for you:

http://elgee35.wordpress.com/2011/01...ch-since-2003/

"with regards to his chief rival, Tim Duncan, KG

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

^ great post! will rep as soon as we have it back.

I hate the kg not being clutch as an argument ... its sickening. thats always the excuse. there are tons of buzzer beater made by kg. so please dont make this as an excuse to take drob over KG. just because of that.

You mus be joking Garnett best playoffs performances are similar or even better than Duncans, the way he almost singlehandedly won over better Kings team was pretty amazing.
    that's the one series i'm referring to. with sam and spree.
    the rest? first round and out. thank you.

that's the one series i'm referring to. with sam and spree.
    the rest? first round and out. thank you.
    Losing to much better teams is one players fault, makes sense For example Kobe is considered Top10 player All-time, what he did few seasons with Wolves like team? Missed the playoffs and then two 1st round exits, he must suck then?

Or lets talk Jordan, he started with three straight 1st round exits when his team wasnt good and competition just too strong, even though he played fantastically. Yet another sucky player?

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    ^ great post! will rep as soon as we have it back.

I hate the kg not being clutch as an argument ... its sickening. thats always the excuse. there are tons of buzzer beater made by kg. so please dont make this as an excuse to take drob over KG. just because of that.
    And thats offense, lets not forget KGs clutch defense is one of a kind. Those who didnt followed him in Minny, at least could see how he was saving Celtics in the clutch D night in and out.

Losing to much better teams is one players fault, makes sense For example Kobe is considered Top10 player All-time, what he did few seasons with Wolves like team? Missed the playoffs and then two 1st round exits, he must suck then?

Or lets talk Jordan, he started with three straight 1st round exits when his team wasnt good and competition just too strong, even though he played fantastically. Yet another sucky player?
    your argument is flawed.
    you ignore the fact that kobe and jordan both won championships as the main scoring option. kg has not and never will.
    does that mean he's a "sucky player"? not to me. i never said that.
    but if we apply your way of thinking, then yes, he sucks.

3-time NBA All-Star

hard one .. Robinson the better player by a nice margin but I like what kg brings to the table.. I think he is the better leader and that is why I would pick kg..

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

your argument is flawed.
    you ignore the fact that kobe and jordan both won championships as the main scoring option. kg has not and never will.
    does that mean he's a "sucky player"? not to me. i never said that.
    but if we apply your way of thinking, then yes, he sucks.
    Your argument is flawed.

You ignore the fact that KG won a championship as the leading postseason scorer on his team. Seems as though that should be relevant to being the "main scoring option".

Also, when did "best player" turn into "main scoring option"? Was Russell suddenly not the best player on those Celtics because others scored more? Magic not the man because he wasn't always the main scoring option? There are a lot of ways to be the best player besides just scoring.

Your argument is flawed.

Serious playground baller

Let me school you young folks. The reason people were amazed about Hakeem destroying David Robinson was because up until that point, Robinson routinely outplayed Hakeem. As a matter of fact, Hakeem got better because of David.

Robinson when he was younger was Dwight Howard with a jumpshot. You guys would not remember him beating Syracuse by himself, scoring 50 on Rony S, and Derrick Coleman.

This cat scored 70 points in a game before. He could drive off the dribble like a small forward, and consistently locked down opposing centers. He owned a young Shaq (until Shaq morphed into 375 pounds of muscle).

KG weighed like 225 pounds for most of his career, and Robinson would have owned him if they played against one another and he did. No contest, Big Dave everyday all day on this one..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drza44
    Your argument is flawed.

You ignore the fact that KG won a championship as the leading postseason scorer on his team. Seems as though that should be relevant to being the "main scoring option".

Also, when did "best player" turn into "main scoring option"? Was Russell suddenly not the best player on those Celtics because others scored more? Magic not the man because he wasn't always the main scoring option? There are a lot of ways to be the best player besides just scoring.

Your argument is flawed.
    On top of being the defensive anchor and motivator for that Celtics squad, As much as I love Pierce that was KG's finals mvp

Quote Originally Posted by westsideozzie
    Let me school you young folks. The reason people were amazed about Hakeem destroying David Robinson was because up until that point, Robinson routinely outplayed Hakeem. As a matter of fact, Hakeem got better because of David.

Robinson when he was younger was Dwight Howard with a jumpshot. You guys would not remember him beating Syracuse by himself, scoring 50 on Rony S, and Derrick Coleman.

This cat scored 70 points in a game before. He could drive off the dribble like a small forward, and consistently locked down opposing centers. He owned a young Shaq (until Shaq morphed into 375 pounds of muscle).

KG weighed like 225 pounds for most of his career, and Robinson would have owned him if they played against one another and he did. No contest, Big Dave everyday all day on this one..
    very nice

prime or even later in his career d rob would put a hurt on today's league