Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Myths about players bodyfat %

nba uses caliper testing which arent as accurate the best way to measure is body pods are probably the most accurate
    this guy has a 5.3 percent bodyfat measure from a bodypod machine

wow, no homo or anything but that guy has a nice body

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I got down to 7% once (according to calipers). Probably more like 15-20% (or more) now. Damn my busy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I got down to 7% once (according to calipers). Probably more like 15-20% (or more) now. Damn my busy life.
    Total Posts: 9,011 (9.04 posts per day)
    Find all posts by Myth
    Find all threads started by Myth

ISH = serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    Yeah I think he has a nice ass, no homo

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    http://www.mensfitness.com/sports_an...ion/70?print=1

Read the link, Ray Allen 4%.

Oh my! How does he stay alive?
    Cause he has more than 3%?

It's always safe to believe anything you read on the internet. Like Lebron's 2.7%

Get a proper scale and a reality check if you really believe you've got 3% bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    http://www.mensfitness.com/sports_an...ion/70?print=1

Read the link, Ray Allen 4%.

Oh my! How does he stay alive?
    You are probably one of those clueless guys that think just because you have abs your bodyfat% must be under 5%. Check out the picture they posted on your link and take a look at Ray Allen`s arms. When you are at 4% bodyfat and lower muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. This link is BS just like the links that say Iverson is 6 feet tall, or the links that say Wilt had a 48inch vertical or even the link that say Aaron Brooks has a 2.7% bodyfat.

Like i said before 3% bodyfat is the strict minimum because you need fat around organs such as heart to protect it. You can't keep that bodyfat for longer than a couple days (even for bodybuilders on steroids) and you will be deshydrated all the time. At 4% Allen wouldnt be able to run around picks all game long and would just pass out.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    The muscle definition is due to the low bodyfat % ... If you have good muscle mass and low bodyfat% you will look more ripped than someone with the same bodyfat% but with less muscle mass. If you are over 200lbs (like most NBA players) and have less than 5% BF then you would look like one of the guys i posted in the pictures. If you are only 100lbs with the same BF% then you will probably look like a skeleton because you will have almost no muscle mass. Clear enough?

And anyway name me a player you think is under 5% bodyfat just for the laughs.
    people claiming 3% body fat are basing that off of inaccurate tests that were done poorly. As others have pointed out, lower body fat % means higher body muscle % as they are inversely proportional.

I rule the local playground

3%-4% is required just to sustain life. 6% is about the lowest healthy level one can maintain.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I agree

/jealous

Krust Kingz

You are probably one of those clueless guys that think just because you have abs your bodyfat% must be under 5%. Check out the picture they posted on your link and take a look at Ray Allen`s arms. When you are at 4% bodyfat and lower muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. This link is BS just like the links that say Iverson is 6 feet tall, or the links that say Wilt had a 48inch vertical or even the link that say Aaron Brooks has a 2.7% bodyfat.

Like i said before 3% bodyfat is the strict minimum because you need fat around organs such as heart to protect it. You can't keep that bodyfat for longer than a couple days (even for bodybuilders on steroids) and you will be deshydrated all the time. At 4% Allen wouldnt be able to run around picks all game long and would just pass out.
    [COLOR="Navy"]the injuries and bruising he would have doing it would be significant... people have no idea what fat really does for the body[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I agree

/jealous
    I always wanted a Bruce Lee body.

Just too lazy.

Oh yeah of course mensfitness is BS and I should listen to you. Even though I have been tested with 3% multiple times and never get dehydrated or pass out and I'm one of the better athletes I know, I should still listen to you. Even though you have no proof of anything and there are multiple articles from predraft camps pointing out that Aaron brooks has 2.7 and ray allen has 4 I should still listen to you. Who needs facts when you got this guy telling you stuff. I don't.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

/This

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Total Posts: 9,011 (9.04 posts per day)
    Find all posts by Myth
    Find all threads started by Myth

ISH = serious business.
    95% of my posts come from taking breaks on my thesis in a library. I have about 2 hours of true free time per day at most, and that is usually spent watching Blazer games (and other games) or spending time with my gf. Its not that I just sit around on ISH all day. Just visits for 2-3 minutes at a time.