Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 LastLast
    Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Default Re: Round 1, Game 2, April 20: Thunder at Lakers

This game was rigged. Russell Westbrook the Thunder's actual best player got into foul trouble and only played 29 minutes. I hate the NBA. He has been playing at a high level. Gets no respect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
    Kobe just playing well isn't going to win the Lakers anything. Guys like Artest, Bynum and Odom need to play very good basketball for it to happen. Lakers can't keep playing like this consistantly if they want to challenge the elite. They need to improve maybe when it gets later on in the playoffs they will.
    You do realize that if the Thunder were in the East they would probably be a 3 seed correct? Just because they're 8 seed doesnt make them bad. They played amazing defense tonight and had one of the best regular season defenses as well. You don't see great defense like this played in the east

Good High School Starter

Why do the Thunder go for Green or Westbrook or something in the last minute of clutch games. I swear he(Durant) never takes the final shot in this team...

Nonetheless, good win Lakers, win 1 game in Thunder and this is all over.

BlackMambaLivin
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
    Kobe redeemed himself from his horrible first half with his fourth quarter in my eyes.

He stopped playing with his ego and took over only when he had to instead of forcing the issue. This is the kobe I want to see for the rest of the series
    Lol what a tool.

He took the same amount of shots just because he made them he stopped playing with ego?
    Laker fans are bandwagons.
    Hate you when you down. And love you when you on top smh

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    This game was rigged. Westbrook the Thunder's actual best player got into foul trouble aRussell nd only played 29 minutes. I hate the NBA. He has been playing at a high level. Gets no respect.
    Where's KD playing these days?

Made that high school varsity squad

i thought oklahoma city coach might have cost them the game by not playing sefolosha in the 4th against kobe wanna best closers in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
    You do realize that if the Thunder were in the East they would probably be a 3 seed correct? Just because they're 8 seed doesnt make them bad. They played amazing defense tonight and had one of the best regular season defenses as well. You don't see great defense like this played in the east
    Did I say the Thunder were bad? they are a good team but 3rd seed? ...they would be what the Heat are at. The 5th seed most likely.

Fact is if L.A want to win the west and actually beat the Cavs or the Magic in the finals they are going to need to play alot better as a team. Reason they won last year was due to Ariza's production, Odom playing huge along with Kobe and Gasol. They need production out of Odom Artest abd Bynum if they are to win it again. The other elite are too good for them to just play average. Just Kobe and Gasol won#'t be enough.

The offense looks bad.. too many Kobe/Pau bailouts. Odom REALLY needs to step it up, he's been a nonfactor offensively so far.

Kobe's elevation is his main problem right now, he couldn't finish well around the rim and got blocked a bunch of times. You have to also give credit to Thabo... he's always been a great Kobe defender and Kobe went off in the 4th when he wasn't on him.

Good High School Starter

Did I say the Thunder were bad? they are a good team but 3rd seed? ...they would be what the Heat are at. The 5th seed most likely.

Fact is if L.A want to win the west and actually beat the Cavs or the Magic in the finals they are going to need to play alot better as a team. Reason they won last year was due to Ariza's production, Odom playing huge along with Kobe and Gasol. They need production out of Odom Artest abd Bynum if they are to win it again. The other elite are too good for them to just play average. Just Kobe and Gasol won#'t be enough.
    Yeah, Lakers 12 months ago would have beaten this Lakers side by a dozen or so.

They still have ttime to pick it up, and they know how to win ugly which is good. Defense is still strong. Conceded 79 and 92 in the first 2 games.

Banned

Thunder Outplayed Lakers. I was rooting for Thunder.

When I watch the game and it makes me think why Western Conf are more entertaining than Eastern Conf and it made me think no wonder why Eastern teams always lost to Western teams in the final championship game because Western Teams have more challenge and better teams, toughest Right now, the western teams.....almost all of them have the same records (50-20) whatever.

That's why West usually play against toughest teams til meet East in final championship games and realized it was so easy to against East team because East usually against weak/easily team and have the weak records.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Thunder Outplayed Lakers. I was rooting for Thunder.

When I watch the game and it makes me think why Western Conf are more entertaining than Eastern Conf and it made me think no wonder why Eastern teams always lost to Western teams in the final championship game because Western Teams have more challenge and better teams, toughest Right now, the western teams.....almost all of them have the same records (50-20) whatever.

That's why West usually play against toughest teams til meet East in final championship games and realized it was so easy to against East team because East usually against weak/easily team and have the weak records.
    This is true. I remember what happened to Cleveland last season and the Lakers two seasons ago when they slaughtered weak opposition and then had a hard time adjusting when they finally met a really strong team.

OKC is so much stronger than Chicago defensively, there's no comparison. This is a really tough team. Durant and Westbrook are monsters, but the rest of the team is very strong defensively.

Saw a basketball once

These youngsters can play. Could be tough going to OKC.

Banned

Listen cavs fan, you dont know what it takes to win a title, let alone beat Orlando in a series. This Lakers team is fine, especially if we get Utah in the next round, which seems likely

Not airballing my layups anymore Rican_Havok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Can LA get a stop? Highly doubtful..
    The konex curse continues...

Banned

konex predicted lakers wouldnt win the title-hencley, we're going to win the title