Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James vs. Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
    Lebron doesn't need a bigtime number 2.

Jamison is exactly what he needed. All Lebron needed was a guy who could score and take the pressure off him and Mo Williams. Thats what he has got. This Cavs team is so deep thats why he doesn't need a true number 2.
    I've never heard of a team winning a 'ship without a real number 2.

I'm not saying it can't happen, I just can't think of one instance where it actually has.

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    This is why Orlando is actually better than the Cavs as a whole.

Lebron is no doubt the greatest, and most consistent, player in the world.

But his team can't do shit without him.

Dwight and Vince have been pretty bad this series (Vince had a good game 2, but a horrendous game 1. And the refs just seem like they want Dwight permanently on the bench), and we still gained a 3-0 lead on a very good team.

Lebron's supporting cast is definitely an improvement, but there is still no viable No.2.

Good Post. I love to see Delonte West guard Jameer Nelson in the Conference Finals.

Last year Mike Brown made a huge mistake when he put West on Turkoglu.

I still think that Jamison is a true number 2 option. He's been putting up solid numbers againts the Bulls.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    Well Dwight has proven he can win a championship or at least come close. LeBron not so much..

they both been to finals

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by EllisGW
    they both been to finals
    Dwight actually helped his team win a game in the finals.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Last year Mike Brown made a huge mistake when he put West on Turkoglu.
    Not really, Turk shot something like 39%. The problem was that none of Cleveland's power forwards could get out to the 3 point like and guard Rashard Lewis and Z and Varejao couldn't guard Dwight. Those 2 combined for a very efficient 45+ ppg.

I've never heard of a team winning a 'ship without a real number 2.

I'm not saying it can't happen, I just can't think of one instance where it actually has.
    Depends how you consider what a 2nd option is.

a guy who can give you 20 and 9 on any night? a guy who averages 17 and 8 on the season? thats what Jamison gives the Cavs on a nightly basics. Or a 3rd option like Mo Williams who can give you 15-17 a game? really thats all you need when you have Lebron going off for 34, 8 and 8 in a series.

Did Duncan have a true number two in his title runs? afterall the numbers parker/manu put up was no different to these two.

When you have Lebron james you don't need a true number two you just need guys who step up and hits shots. Cavs still took Orlando to 6 very close games with just Lebron and nothing else..that says alot about Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Well if Jamison plays like today he is the number 2 or Mo and Jamison are like 2A/2B..but more importantly who is the #1 option on Magic ?
    I'm not sure if that question had hidden connotations or not....

NBA rookie of the year

a guy who can give you 20 and 9 on any night? a guy who averages 17 and 8 on the season? thats what Jamison gives the Cavs on a nightly basics. Or a 3rd option like Mo Williams who can give you 15-17 a game? really thats all you need when you have Lebron going off for 34, 8 and 8 in a series.

Did Duncan have a true number two in his title runs? afterall the numbers parker/manu put up was no different to these two.

When you have Lebron james you don't need a true number two you just need guys who step up and hits shots. Cavs still took Orlando to 6 very close games with just Lebron and nothing else..that says alot about Lebron.
    Perfectly illustrated in 2007 when the Spurs swept Lebron when he didn't have a #2 option.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Perfectly illustrated in 2007 when the Spurs swept Lebron when he didn't have a #2 option.
    Way to prove my point troll all Lebron needs is a few guys who will score when is needed. Hense why Jamison was such a huge pick-up.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

I'm not sure if that question had hidden connotations or not....

Im serious is it Carter, Lewis,Nelson,D12 ? Unlike the Cavs They have a Bunch of #2 options but no real #1.

Has Tawn been putting up those numbers with the Cavs, or was that with Washington?

Mo tends to disappear in the playoffs (although I didn't see the Cavs-Bulls game today, how did he do? I know the Cavs stomped the Bulls thoroughly, though.)

Also, those 6 games weren't that close. 1 of those wins came off of a nearly impossible buzzer beater.

NBA rookie of the year

Way to prove my point all Lebron needs is a few guys who will score when is needed. Hense why Jamison was such a huge pick-up.
    I didn't prove your point Lebron23. I disproved it.

Has Tawn been putting up those numbers with the Cavs, or was that with Washington?

Mo tends to disappear in the playoffs (although I didn't see the Cavs-Bulls game today, how did he do? I know the Cavs stomped the Bulls thoroughly, though.)

Also, those 6 games weren't that close. 1 of those wins came off of a nearly impossible buzzer beater.
    Jamison put up 20 and 9 with wizards and close to 17 and 8 with the Cavs while learning the offense. Pretty good if you ask me

Mo Williams has played well in the playoffs so far no doubt he will need to play well to beat the Magic. Luckily this year he no longer has the pressure of being the 2nd option.

game 3 and 4 in Orlando were very close. Cavs were so close to taking that series back to Cleveland 2-2 but missed chances at the end of the game.

Fact is though Jamison's offense will be huge in terms of going toe to toe with Shard. We had nobody who could reply to him on the offensive end. That changes this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Im serious is it Carter, Lewis,Nelson,D12 ? Unlike the Cavs They have a Bunch of #2 options but no real #1.
    It's mainly Dwight pretty much since the ASG, I'm happy they started giving him the ball more.

They definitely have a clear-cut #1 option. Lewis and Nelson are definitely not, Vince you could argue, but Jameer is just doing what he has to do in this series since Randy can't seem to do anything about it.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

what wasn't close ? Cavs lead more than the Magic did..every game was close except one.