Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Your high school sports resume

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    When you say, you "won," do you mean you had the furthest jumps for your school? Or did you win some national competition?
    Furtherest jumps for my school. I competed at the provincial level and was seriously punked.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Your high school sports resume

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I have a poor sarcasm detector so I cannot readily tell if you're being completely serious or not. If you are being serious, I was wondering how long your games were in New Zealand? In the United States, high school games are 32 minutes long and even for the most dominant athletes, that's not a ton of time to pack in statistics that near a triple double average.

In fact, in person, I've seen only two high school players come close to accumulating triple doubles and both came in legendary or near-legendary performances. One instance came in a game where a kid scored 56 of his team's 96 points while also dropping nasty dimes alongside (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SthRVWoBscY). The other instance was a teammate of mine, who officially came one assist shy of a triple double in a double overtime game. Otherwise, for a non-super star to average something close to a triple double would be a little wild over here (not to mention the 5 steals and 2 blocks per).
    We play under FIBA rules, at lower levels it's 2 x 20 minute halves. At senior level it's 4 x 10 minute quarters.

Either way, 40 minutes per game. In my experience, it isn't hard to rebound and run the break yourself. I had very few offensive rebounds.

I don't think procuring something close to a triple double average is that insane when you factor in the talent disparity on my rosters. Myself and one other teammate played for our province, but came 3rd in our provincial competition. The thing is I have always been an awful scorer, I have either used my athleticism or height to score. When your best player can't score, they're usually dominant in other areas. I would liken myself to an extremely weaksauce version of Rondo or Kidd, playing in a similar role to Derek Harper in high school (He played center and point guard).

Our running joke was calling me 'fentard.'
    Fentard = F (forward) C (center) G (guard)

Good things happen on defense when you sometimes have up to 8 inches on your man, and you have the same level of quickness.