Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore D3vIrGiNiz3r's Avatar

Default Re: Name a legit good player Dirk has ever played with in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    You might want to double check that one.
    I meant multiple times. Anyone can have a good year a couple of times. Dirk has NEVER played with a perennial allstar.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D3vIrGiNiz3r
    I meant multiple times. Anyone can have a good year a couple of times. Dirk has NEVER played with a perennial allstar.
    again, double check that one please or classify exactly how many times does perennial equal.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    Kidd, Marion, Terry, Butler, Finley, Jamison not good?

LISTEN, THEY'RE GOOD. IT'S YOUR F*CKIN PROBLEM NOW..'CAUSE FOR EVERYONE.. THOSE GUYS ARE GREAT PLAYERS..

YOU DUMB B*TCH.

DIRK AIN'T THAT GOOD TO CARRY A TEAM. FOR NOW MAYBE. SO JUST FACE IT. DUMBAS$.
    ^^ i repeat OP.

it's your problem. you're the only one who thinks those guys aren't good.

IF THOSE GUYS AREN'T GOOD, WHAT DO YOU CALL THE GUYS KOBE AND LEBRON HAVE? KOBE PRE GASOL AND LEBRON PRE MO AND/OR JAMISON.

OR THE GUYS WADE HAS.

SUGGESTION, DON'T MAKE YOURSELF BELIEVE THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE OK? YOU ARE F*CKIN DELUSIONAL.

YOU PITY DIRK WITH THOSE TEAMMATES? GET THE F*CK OUTTA HERE. YOU'RE A JOKE.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    As players, why are Duncan and KG definitely better? I believe it, but I don't know if you really believe it. For the record, being the "most efficient" player doesn't mean shit and doesn't automatically earn you shit. How many championships does Nash have? How many championships does Okur or Bargnani have as prime time players? (Okur was an 11 MPG player in the 04 playoffs). You can point to Larry Bird and a slew of other efficient/great players, but really Larry Bird at 6'9 was a tough, gritty, mentally tough player, at least alot more than Dirk.
    This post doesn't makes sense. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    again, double check that one please or classify exactly how many times does perennial equal.
    Who has Dirk played with that has been an all-star more than two times? Nash? He sucked in Dallas. Kidd? Probably the worst player on the team. Can't shoot and is old as dirt. Wish he would retire.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Who cares? Dirk is supposed to be a Wade, Bron, or Melo.

Dirk is a choker. Darn white guys...
    Wade hasnt done anything either for awhile. Melo just got knocked out. Your point?

steve nash

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
    steve nash
    Steve Nash sucked in Dallas.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

^^ i repeat OP.

IF THOSE GUYS AREN'T GOOD, WHAT DO YOU CALL THE GUYS KOBE AND LEBRON HAVE? KOBE PRE GASOL AND LEBRON PRE MO AND/OR JAMISON.

OR THE GUYS WADE HAS.

SUGGESTION, DON'T MAKE YOURSELF BELIEVE THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE OK? YOU ARE F*CKIN DELUSIONAL.

Kobe and bron didnt win a ring pre gasol or pre jamison. Kobe only won a ring when he got gasol (he was a 2nd option with shaq). Lebron dont have any yet. So your argument is basically useless.

IMO, This was the year dirk had the best team around him.Too bad nobody stepped up and too bad he faced a rejuvenated spurs team . BUT HE IS NO CHOKER THOUGH IN THIS SERIES or 06 finals. His only "choke" was against GSW. That's it.

^^ i repeat OP.

OR THE GUYS WADE HAS.

while I dont mirror the enthusiasm, the basic meat of this post I agree with. its not so much that they suck as perception is that they do.

People are eating up that 5 rebound stat. Did they get out rebounded in that game? A bit. A bit more because the Spurs missed less shots yet had more offensive rebounds. However, are you guys looking at the fouls called? Are you looking at Dirk's foul trouble. Possibly that might have limited his aggressiveness.

Let's go further... it's pretty obvious that a lot of you guys hate Dirk. I don't understand why. I don't really like Dirk, but I've started supporting him more lately because I hate the bad rap he gets...

Anyway, imagine that you didn't know who any of these guys were. Not even Dirk... it doesn't matter who was an all star before, or what they did in the past... or what they did even during the regular season. If you were watching that series and it was the first time you had seen the Mavs you would think that Dirk was the only good player on their team. You'd maybe give a nod to Butler who had an average series... but aside from all of the name recognition, those guys were horrible! They did well to even be close in that series.

Also, I want you to look at Dirk's first four fouls...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playby...29024&period=2

He basically got called for fouls three straight possessions and then got taken out for awhile then two minutes after that they called him for his fourth. That's in the first half.

I think that explains his rebounding numbers, even though the team as a whole rebounded well.

I dunno why I keep saying more because people keep coming in with the same nonsense. I hope some day you guys learn to look at things objectively and realize that it's really worthless to be a hater.

Peace

-Smak

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D3vIrGiNiz3r
    Steve Nash sucked in Dallas.
    yes that is why the Suns gave him the big payday. Because they somehow guesses that he was going to instantly not suck and become a league MVP. How clairvoyant of them. What ****ing masters of the crystal ball they were. YOU ****ING USELESS MINDLESS BASKETBALL MENTAL MIDGET!
    Dumbass

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Well, that's because Nash is a system PG. He thrives in PHX but wouldn't thrive anywhere else (to the level that he is thriving now) unless he played in NY or Golden State.

people like you need to be punched in the c*nt

National High School Star

nash didnt suck in dallas, his court vision was worthless since dirk loves to hold the ball and go for the tough fadeaway. Nash is better in dallas since he has an athletic big and 3pt shooters around him

Dirk has elite jumpshot but the rest of game is not elite

Funny how Nash and Harris played so much better immediately after they left Dallas. Maybe a ball stopping jump shooting big man doesn't bring out the best in other players.