Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Are Michael Jordan and LeBron James the two Greatest players ever?

i'll tell you this much...watching lebron this post season....it's just really hard not seeing the cavs making the finals...but we've said this before, eh?

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisGW
    larry bird know his game better than anyone else so i think means everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSfliFOfuo
    And I was right. He did not say Lebron was better. He has the possibility to be the GOAT. He is not right now.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    i'll tell you this much...watching lebron this post season....it's just really hard not seeing the cavs making the finals...but we've said this before, eh?
    And what does this have to do with LeBron's individual ranking?

Cmon man, get off the rings argument. It's wack. Jordan played with a HOF coach and teammate, breh.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Cause thats what it FEELS like when watching them play. It just feels so obvious. IMO, too much emphasis is placed on who's better between these two guys, when essentially we should look at them as standard-bearers within their own selves.

Do this make it easier quantifying each player's greatness without unnecessarily putting down the other?
    do YOU not understand the level people like wilt, magic, larry, kareem, bill, ect. played at? lebron isnt even the greatest player (of all time) on his own team...what the hell. you give a title like that to someone who has 2 MVP's with no rings to show except for a brutal sweeping at the hands of timmy & co.

no he isn't. will this stop you from believing whatever it is that you believe? probably not...sort of bizarre

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    And I was right. He did not say Lebron was better. He has the possibility to be the GOAT. He is not right now.

why are you lying? he said probably

probably http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/probably

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Shaq is unquestionably a top-5 player ever. But we're talking a different level, tho. Jordan was there. LeBron is currently there.

No knock on Shaq, tho. It's just that LeBron right now is marginally better than Shaq has ever been. And that's certainly no knock on Shaq.
    LOL, Lebron is not yet better than prime Shaq.. sorry. Shaq had one of the most dominant peaks ever.

Quote Originally Posted by purple32gold
    do YOU not understand the level people like wilt, magic, larry, kareem, bill, ect. played at? lebron isnt even the greatest player (of all time) on his own team...what the hell. you give a title like that to someone who has 2 MVP's with no rings to show except for a brutal sweeping at the hands of timmy & co.

no he isn't. will this stop you from believing whatever it is that you believe? probably not...sort of bizarre
    obviously shaq is 38 and lebron is 25 of course he is going to have more career accomplishments. How stupid are you?

How many top 10 players of all time have ZERO rings?

You can be a great player without winning rings.... but you can't be a legend.

Banned

not true

stockton, malone, miller, iverson

why people soooo stupid on these boards?
    no one is saing those guys are even t10

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

MJ definitely, Lebron not yet. Other than possibly Shaq, Lebron's the best since MJ, but I wouldn't say he's number two until he puts up the same numbers he's had recently for another two or three years and has won at least one championship. I do think that, when all is said and done, Lebron will be considered MJ's equal or at least a close second.

3-time NBA All-Star

If you take career accomplishments i.e. rings out of the equation, which is kind of stupid to hold against Lebron in this comparison since he's only been in the league for 7 years, its not really that ridiculous to say. I think the OP is basing this strictly on on-court production/impact, i.e. from just watching them play.

I haven't seen enough of Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Bird, and Magic to say that I can make an opinion on them that doesn't have any flaws (although I do all the time because I've done my research and this is a message board so I'm free to do that). But from what I've seen enough of which is about the last 20 years, at the very least, Lebron is the 4th best player I've ever seen. Jordan's at the top, and Shaq and Hakeem are arguably ahead of Lebron, key word being ARGUABLY, cause Lebron could very well be ahead of those guys IMO as well. I'm sure the rest of these playoffs, will give me a better idea. And I'm strictly talking about peak/prime play. Whatever he does this year I still probably wouldn't rank him ahead of either of those guys on a GOAT list, which takes everything into account. He just hasn't been around long enough.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

why are you lying? he said probably

probably http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/probably
    Who is lying? YOU said he IS.

bird said lebron was better lol
    I said possibility. Probably is a possibility, not a guarantee. Maybe you should read the definition dumb ass.

Jordan: yes
    LBJ: no

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    Who is lying? YOU said he IS.

I said possibility. Probably is a possibility, not a guarantee. Maybe you should read the definition dumb ass.
    you lied because bird said probably. you said that he said possibility. Also possibility and probably mean 2 different things.

Dunking on everybody in the park 6thManOfTheYear's Avatar

michael jordan was a pretty decent player