Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Deron Williams annoyed by Barkley's comments about Kobe

Bottom line...Chuck was in serious denial of the evidence presented in front of him.

Why he refused to believe it? I don't know. Maybe he doesn't like Kobe or was trying to make good TV. Most likely he was trying to protect his pride by not admitting he was wrong.

MyMindIsMyOwnChurch Seymour Glass's Avatar

Chuck is basically paid to just let his mouth fly and to not give a ****. Him being so brash and opinionated is why he's so entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Yeah that's the problem inside their delusional minds. They think that we're "jealous" or "hate him cause he's too good", etc. Bullsh*t. Like you said, if that's the case, we'd all hate MJ or Magic or Bird or Kareem, or any of the all time greats. I've had people say I hate Kobe because he scored 81 points against my Raptors. Again, bullsh*t. If that's the case, I'd loathe Shaq seeing as how he dropped 45 on my team while being old and way past his prime, while rubbing it in calling Chris Bosh the RuPaul of big men. Instead, I just laughed and gave old man Shaq props on having a vintage game.

Sh*t if I was Barkley, maybe I would be jealous of Kobe, seeing as how I never got to dictate which franchise I played for on draft night, or was paired up alongside arguably the most dominant player in NBA history, as well as the GOAT coach to automatically win rings. Kobe's had it waayyyy easier than many players that have come before. I've used this comparison here before, but it's like that spoiled brat you knew back in high school. The one who's parents catered to their every need, and seemingly never got in trouble. They would get away with murder and you knew if you tried even half the crap they pulled, what would happen to you. Not to mention they would go around moaning about how misunderstood they were and pout whenever the slightest thing didn't go exactly the way they wanted it to.
    Jordan was known as a complete asshole, by almost everyone that knew him.

Teammates, former business associates, fellow celebrities, several people hated his freaking guts. Loved him as a basketball player, but hated him as a human being.

Yet people still glorify him and make excuses for him because he has game. That's just how it goes.

Da Mavs

Haha poor Chuck's like he can't put up 30 a night anymore. It happened every night this series?

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    Bottom line...Chuck was in serious denial of the evidence presented in front of him.

Why he refused to believe it? I don't know. Maybe he doesn't like Kobe or was trying to make good TV. Most likely he was trying to protect his pride by not admitting he was wrong.
    But he's wrong like...all the time, no offense but what pride does he have to protect? I think Deron's comment pissed him off, he had a sour look on his face after that It's pretty embarrassing to have a 23 year old telling you that you were wrong and should apologize, I can see why the old man got so defensive.

I believe Barkley considers LeBron to be the best player in the league. So it would make sense for him to discredit the real best player in the league any chance he gets.

Here's the video of this
    05-10-2010 - Inside The NBA: Charles Barkley Thinks Kobe Bryant Is Done
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJT0qTUKGhQ&fmt=18

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Yeah that's the problem inside their delusional minds. They think that we're "jealous" or "hate him cause he's too good", etc. Bullsh*t. Like you said, if that's the case, we'd all hate MJ or Magic or Bird or Kareem, or any of the all time greats. I've had people say I hate Kobe because he scored 81 points against my Raptors. Again, bullsh*t. If that's the case, I'd loathe Shaq seeing as how he dropped 45 on my team while being old and way past his prime, while rubbing it in calling Chris Bosh the RuPaul of big men. Instead, I just laughed and gave old man Shaq props on having a vintage game.

Sh*t if I was Barkley, maybe I would be jealous of Kobe, seeing as how I never got to dictate which franchise I played for on draft night, or was paired up alongside arguably the most dominant player in NBA history, as well as the GOAT coach to automatically win rings. Kobe's had it waayyyy easier than many players that have come before. I've used this comparison here before, but it's like that spoiled brat you knew back in high school. The one who's parents catered to their every need, and seemingly never got in trouble. They would get away with murder and you knew if you tried even half the crap they pulled, what would happen to you. Not to mention they would go around moaning about how misunderstood they were and pout whenever the slightest thing didn't go exactly the way they wanted it to.
    Bro just shut up. You troll every Laker or Kobe thread crying about the same nonsense.

Every single one of your comments on this board is either a disrespectful or diminishing comment towards Kobe, or you agreeing with another hater.

Of course you don't see a problem with Chuck's comment, because you are a hater.
    And Lol at how you say that "we are not jealous of Kobe" , then write a paragraph on how you dislike the fact he has liven a coddled lifestyle. If that isn't jealousy, what is it then moron?
    And I expect your only defense is to call me a "Kobe homer", which is no better than a moronic Kobe homer calling anyone that doesn't worship him a "Kobe hater".

So are you going to act like the rest of the sensitive, insecure haters and label me a homer because I don't see the joy in diminishing an all time great player's career & achievements?

It's amazing how just the mere thought of Kobe winning another ring and building his legacy can drive morons off the deep end.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

I listened to that show. It's not really a serious basketball program. I don't know how the audience feels about TNT halftime and Inside the NBA, but I think the quality has tanked last year into this year. Who cares what Chuck said? He's "not a professional."

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan&Magic
    Bro just shut up. You troll every Laker or Kobe thread crying about the same nonsense.

Every single one of your comments on this board is either a disrespectful or diminishing comment towards Kobe, or you agreeing with another hater.

Of course you don't see a problem with Chuck's comment, because you are a hater.
    And Lol at how you say that "we are not jealous of Kobe" , then write a paragraph on how you dislike the fact he has liven a coddled lifestyle. If that isn't jealousy, what is it then moron?
    And I expect your only defense is to call me a "Kobe homer", which is no better than a moronic Kobe homer calling anyone that doesn't worship him a "Kobe hater".

So are you going to act like the rest of the sensitive, insecure haters and label me a homer because I don't see the joy in diminishing an all time great player's career & achievements?

It's amazing how just the mere thought of Kobe winning another ring and building his legacy can drive morons off the deep end.
    Preach!

Barkley always had a tendency to favor underdogs because he was an underdog back in his playing days. He really loves those players and teams that work so hard all year, but just don't have enough to win a ring.

I find the funniest thing about this is that Barkley spent the whole year saying that DWill is the greatest PG in the league now, and so and so forth.

Props to Deron for speaking his mind.

I'm still not buying that Chuck is jealous of Kobe. Seriously, what is there to be jealous of? You could say rings but then you would have to include everybody who doesn't have 4 and could potentially get more. Not a lot of players can say that. Chuck did all he could do and will go down as one of the greatest ever and be in the HOF. There is no shame in that.

Is he bitter that he didn't get a ring? Of course. You can tell because he really gets into discussions and can talk and talk and talk....you know he wants to be in the game.

He probably just doesn't like Kobe whole persona or the hype around him. I know I don't. I'm a huge MJ fan(as he is) and it does kind of irk me when people try to prematurely compare the two. That mindstate has definitely led me to discredit Kobe in one way or another. It is what it is. I still think he's a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    I'm still not buying that Chuck is jealous of Kobe. Seriously, what is there to be jealous of? You could say rings but then you would have to include everybody who doesn't have 4 and could potentially get more. Not a lot of players can say that. Chuck did all he could do and will go down as one of the greatest ever and be in the HOF. There is no shame in that.

Is he bitter that he didn't get a ring? Of course. You can tell because he really gets into discussions and can talk and talk and talk....you know he wants to be in the game.

He probably just doesn't like Kobe whole persona or the hype around him. I know I don't. I'm a huge MJ fan(as he is) and it does kind of irk me when people try to prematurely compare the two. That mindstate has definitely led me to discredit Kobe in one way or another. It is what it is. I still think he's a great player.
    I have another question, why do all MJ fans seem to hate Kobe?

I mean whenever his name is brought up, MJ homers always chime in with "Jordan did it faster/stronger/faster/better! Kobe will never be MJ!!"

But they don't seem to hate Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan&Magic

It's rare to see a MJ fan who defends Kobe. It's probably because you know there is no reason for you to feel insecure about Kobe.