Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Deron Williams annoyed by Barkley's comments about Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    I'm still not buying that Chuck is jealous of Kobe. Seriously, what is there to be jealous of? You could say rings but then you would have to include everybody who doesn't have 4 and could potentially get more. Not a lot of players can say that. Chuck did all he could do and will go down as one of the greatest ever and be in the HOF. There is no shame in that.

Is he bitter that he didn't get a ring? Of course. You can tell because he really gets into discussions and can talk and talk and talk....you know he wants to be in the game.

He probably just doesn't like Kobe whole persona or the hype around him. I know I don't. I'm a huge MJ fan(as he is) and it does kind of irk me when people try to prematurely compare the two. That mindstate has definitely led me to discredit Kobe in one way or another. It is what it is. I still think he's a great player.
    If he doesnt like the persona and hype around kobe wouldn't that mean he is disgusted in Lebron? Lebron has 10x more hype and has a persona that puts Jordans to shame. But yet he gets on his knees and praises Lebron. If you cant tell he is unbelievably Jealous of Kobe you yourself have your own agenda. He is better Kobe was blessed with such a great career. Charles Barkley would sell his soul to win a ring. And Kobe already has 4 and going to retire with a couple more.

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    I have another question, why do all MJ fans seem to hate Kobe?

I mean whenever his name is brought up, MJ homers always chime in with "Jordan did it faster/stronger/faster/better! Kobe will never be MJ!!"

But they don't seem to hate Lebron.
    First off, you aren't talking to me. I'm not a MJ homer/fanboy/whatever. Yes, I'm a huge fan, but I'm not out here making crazy statements. I give respect where respect is due. You also have to remember that you are on a forum with a bunch of 15 year olds. No disrespect to anyone who is super young, but they tend to say crazy things and get a little too sensitive.

LeBron has nothing to do with it. LeBron is LeBron. Kobe is carbon copy of MJ. I don't know if you noticed, but people have issues with that. MJ brought everyones eyes to the game of basketball, a true global icon...in a lot of peoples minds', there can only be one. Kobe just doesn't fit the in the picture....and that's where you get the sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    I have another question, why do all MJ fans seem to hate Kobe?

I mean whenever his name is brought up, MJ homers always chime in with "Jordan did it faster/stronger/faster/better! Kobe will never be MJ!!"

But they don't seem to hate Lebron.
    mj fanboys that hate kobe seem to be a bunch of dumb fcking ignorant followers who can't think for themselves. omgz i hate kobe because somebody compared him to the great mj omfgz.

First off, you aren't talking to me. I'm not a MJ homer/fanboy/whatever. Yes, I'm a huge fan, but I'm not out here making crazy statements. I give respect where respect is due. You also have to remember that you are on a forum with a bunch of 15 year olds. No disrespect to anyone who is super young, but they tend to say crazy things and get a little too sensitive.

LeBron has nothing to do with it. LeBron is LeBron. Kobe is carbon copy of MJ. I don't know if you noticed, but people have issues with that. MJ brought everyones eyes to the game of basketball, a true global icon...in a lot of peoples minds', there can only be one. Kobe just doesn't fit the in the picture....and that's where you get the sensitivity.
    I wasn't talking about you in particular, just a question that was inspired off of your quote.

Kobe plays like the guy he looked up to, he's not the first (and damn sure won't be the last) to do that. But I get what you're saying.

I think chuck was just basically saying that kobe has lost a step in his own stupid way.
    Last edited by Disaprine; 05-11-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Bay Areaaaaaaaaaaa! DavisWarriorsFan's Avatar

So Kobe style of play is like Michael. Half of the Bulls and Michael fans hate that but Michael himself loves Kobe and his game. I wonder how they feel about MJ not hating Kobe for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    It's rare to see a MJ fan who defends Kobe. It's probably because you know there is no reason for you to feel insecure about Kobe.
    Exactly! There is no reason for me to feel insecure about Kobe because Michael Jordan's achievements & career speaks for itself. Unless a Kobe homer tries to disrespect Mj's achievements, I have no problem with Kobe at all.
    In fact, he is my favorite player in the game today, along with Wade. He is also one of my favorite players of all time including Mj, Magic, Shaq, Hakeem, & Penny.

I just don't see the need to bash the guy or diminish every single one of his accomplishments. Sure Kobe has had some downs in his career (like alot of legends), but focusing on them and trying to diminish his highs is ridiculous.

Btw, I have been a longtime Lakers fan since about 1987 as a kid, but just like most kids that grew up in the 80's, I grew up idolizing Michael Jordan. But I guess I just am not as biased as some Michael Jordan fans may seem.