Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I would be all for a system where when you get an abortion, you also lose your right to conceive.
    That would be very hard to regulate and enforce.

I'm pro-life here.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    Even if a girl is raped? How does that make sense?

I'd agree with you if some chick was on her 3rd abortion due to careless sex practices.
    Obviously there are exceptions. Raped, if you are underage... I always feel like the rape card is pulled too often in these kind of arguments. Lets be real: Most abortions are just the result of irresponsibility. And I'm kind of big on being a responsible, sensible adult.

If you are an adult, and you have sex, you need to be able to live with the consequences. Be a little responsible.
    Especially if you are a women; you know you can get pregnant right? So when you are the type that likes to sleep around a bit, take birth control. It's not hard, it's not far fetched, most young women do it. If it was a spur of the moment thing, and you didn't think of using birth control? You can still get a prevention pill that will work within what? 48 hours? A week? Something like that.

But say all that went wrong and you still got pregnant. Now, if you really want to have a kid, you'll have it. And if you don't want it you don't. But you have to choose.
    You can't use some petty reasoning like "I don't like the father" (but you had sex with him anyway huh), "It's not the right time". If that's how you feel about your own children?
    "It's inconvenient right now, I'll just try again later?" You shouldn't have that option again.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I would be all for a system where when you get an abortion, you also lose your right to conceive.
    thats just ****ing dumb. SO, a girl who had a gagortion at age 14 cause she knew she couldnt be a good mother shouldnt be able to have a kid at 30? Talk about gov't interference with reproductive rights. What would you do, sterilize her? Force her to have an abortion the 2nd time?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm pro-life here.
    Welcome to the debate. Why are you pro-life? We've heard an awful lot from the pro-choice crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    Welcome to the debate. Why are you pro-life? We've heard an awful lot from the pro-choice crowd.
    Nothing positive has every come from me debating why I'm pro-life versus pro-choice. I just wanted to state I'm pro-life and that would be the end of it. It's a pretty touchy subject for me.

The people who stated they're pro-choice, they're going to remain pro-choice. And I've heard every reason why in the world people are pro-choice and the replies in the thread are what I've heard before a million times. Obviously people are pro-life because they feel it's wrong to control life in that aspect.

Nothing new or profound will come from debating it.
    Last edited by Meticode; 05-13-2010 at 02:27 PM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Nothing positive has every come from me debating why I'm pro-life versus pro-choice. I just wanted to state I'm pro-life and that would be the end of it. It's a pretty touchy subject for me.

The people who stated they're pro-choice, they're going to remain pro-choice. And I've heard every reason why in the world people are pro-choice and the replies in the thread are what I've heard before a million times. Obviously people are pro-life because they feel it's wrong to control life in that aspect.

Nothing new or profound will come from debating it.
    whats your take on things like the morning after pill? Or natural remedies (found in cultures all over the world) that will induce miscarriage? Not trying to pick or anything, just interested in what you think of these types of measures.

I rule the local playground

pro-choice. However, this doesn't mean I'm for abortion. I just think it should be the choice of the parents on whether they want to have a child or not. Too many times irresponsible parents try to raise kids when they have no clue how to. A child should be born with loving and responsible parents who can provide a stable life for the kid. However, i think their should be a limit on how many abortions you can get in a lifetime. Abortions should not be used as birth control. You shouldn't be allowed to do an abortion after a certain amount(more than 4).

I think abortions are pretty terrible things yet I still feel it's the woman's choice. I don't think it should be an easy thing to do just to sweep a pregnancy under the rug, but if it's going to happen it should be legal and safe.

Please don't tell my priest I posted this.

Banned

Pro Choice. the fact that people in America are always trying to tell others what they can/can't do based on someone elses moral values is so f'd up. otherwise i wouldn't even care about this issue. but the basic principal idea that a segment of our country loves to throw their beliefs on everyone else and make it law just really pisses me off. especially when a lot of them are grounded in religion.

and the way a lot of you pro life talk you act like its some perfect world, or some expectation it should be, more than realizing the world or our country for what it is. kids have the ability to make babies, kids are dumb, kids have sex, and no they shouldn't all be forced into having them based on your ideal utopia of responsibility

i don't even get why it needs to go all the way to rape extremes, when its such a personal choice for the individual based on their life, their body being torn up, what can/can't work in their life/job, what they want to do in their future(if raising a kid is even possible for them), and that 99% of everyone else pushing their morality on them is completely ignorant of.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    thats just ****ing dumb. SO, a girl who had a gagortion at age 14 cause she knew she couldnt be a good mother shouldnt be able to have a kid at 30? Talk about gov't interference with reproductive rights. What would you do, sterilize her? Force her to have an abortion the 2nd time?
    Didn't read my second post? I'm not saying it should be like that under every circumstance. Being underage or having been raped would definitely be exceptions.

But if you are an adult there is no reason to get pregnant after consensual sex, unless you want to get pregnant. At least, not where I am from. Where things like birth control and morning after pills are readily available, and everyone knows where to get them, anonymously if they need too.

And obviously you would get sterilized when you get an abortion. That would be the method. I know it's harsh, but an abortion is not something you should get for free with a pack of cornflakes either.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I think abortions are pretty terrible things yet I still feel it's the woman's choice. I don't think it should be an easy thing to do just to sweep a pregnancy under the rug, but if it's going to happen it should be legal and safe.

Please don't tell my priest I posted this.
    I just sent this post to his twitter... you're ****ed!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    whats your take on things like the morning after pill? Or natural remedies (found in cultures all over the world) that will induce miscarriage? Not trying to pick or anything, just interested in what you think of these types of measures.
    Personally using a contraceptive that can induce a miscarriage is wrong to me. I won't go any further into explaining that, I'll just say it's the way I feel.

Personally I've only ever used condoms and pulling out which for me has worked every time. My daughter wasn't planned, but that's because I didn't take the responsibility on using the condom.

Luckily for me, it was the greatest ill-responsible decision I ever made.

Banned

But if you are an adult there is no reason to get pregnant after consensual sex, unless you want to get pregnant. At least, not where I am from. Where things like birth control and morning after pills are readily available, and everyone knows where to get them, anonymously if they need too

so what age would that apply? because i think heat of the moment and irresponsibility doesn't really have an age limit where anyone is flawless.

Banned

Personally using a contraceptive that can induce a miscarriage is wrong to me. I won't go any further into explaining that, I'll just say it's the way I feel.

Personally I've only ever used condoms and pulling out which for me has worked every time. My daughter wasn't planned, but that's because I didn't take the responsibility on using the condom.

Luckily for me, it was the greatest ill-responsible decision I ever made.

lucky for you, since theres probably 10 others for each one of you that is in a foster home, and end up a menace to society