Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    I'm confused, did woman suddenly learn how to reproduce by themselves?

Parental rights.
    primary biological caregiver. until a baby gestates from 2 zygotes to an actual breathing, bloodpumping mammal capable of sustaining its own life inside of you, you (and I) really have no say in what a woman does with her body.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    WHAT?! you must have mistyped that somehow.
    nope. the stats all say about 1 in 3 women will have a gagortion before they are 45. Personally, I think it is higher than that. Sure, if you live in a cultural environment where teens are expected to have babies when they make a mistake, it may not be true, but in most environments in the US (especially among youngsters, which most of you are), the abortion rate is probably closer to 50% than 33%

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    primary biological caregiver. until a baby gestates from 2 zygotes to an actual breathing, bloodpumping mammal capable of sustaining its own life inside of you, you (and I) really have no say in what a woman does with her body.
    So then when it is born would you argue a woman is solely responsible for caring for it since she soley gets to decide on it's existence?

To say a father has no say in his child's life is the most insane thing I have ever heard.

And I really hope if you are so into the right for terminating the life of an unborn child you support the death penalty for mass murderers and rapists.

So then when it is born would you argue a woman is solely responsible for caring for it since she soley gets to decide on it's existence?
    unfortunately thats not how the law works. But I dont really think a man should have a say on whether or not she has to keep a fetus. He has one chance to make that choice, and thats when he decides to come in her. After that, its beyond his control IMO.

On a sidenote, I know a young lady who kept the fetus cause her BF said he would leave her if she terminated. Fast forward 3 years, neither parent wants the kid (always at a grandmas or other secondary caregiver), they cant stand each other, and this kid has a woefully underdeveloped intellect and doesnt get the love and attention she deserves. Now, whats better?

To say a father has no say in his child's life is the most insane thing I have ever heard.

And I really hope if you are so into the right for terminating the life of an unborn child you support the death penalty for mass murderers and rapists.
    in his childs life yes. But while still in the womb, its not a child yet. its an obligate extension of the woman's body.

I support the destruction and illegalization of fertility clinics if thats any consolation to you.

I support the destruction and illegalization of fertility clinics if thats any consolation to you.

Really?

unfortunately thats not how the law works. But I dont really think a man should have a say on whether or not she has to keep a fetus. He has one chance to make that choice, and thats when he decides to come in her. After that, its beyond his control IMO.

On a sidenote, I know a young lady who kept the fetus cause her BF said he would leave her if she terminated. Fast forward 3 years, neither parent wants the kid (always at a grandmas or other secondary caregiver), they cant stand each other, and this kid has a woefully underdeveloped intellect and doesnt get the love and attention she deserves. Now, whats better?
    While I am for abortion in some cases, and would be ok with it in others as long as both parents are involved and both know the risks, I would always argue that a neglected child is better than a dead child.
    I would rather be underdeveloped at my grandma'a than dead.

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Pro life..All unwanted and retarded babies welcome.

oh geez, I didn't realize you were so deep into the kool-aid. I guess a reasonable discussion is not worth trying for here.

So a woman reproductive rights allow her to do anything she wants when it comes to terminate a pregnancy, but when it comes to becoming pregnant, she doesn't have that right.

You know what, i'm not even gonna bother.

You don't by chance live in Nancy Pelosi's district do you?

You can't change ownership. You can't say, post-fertilization, that the entire being is totally and unequivocally part of her "body", and deny the male any ownership, and then say later that the male is responsible because of his role in fertilization. If one wants to take the position that it's "her body, her decision", then any and all responsibility on the part of the male should be voided automatically in the eyes of the law.

Banned

Double Tech bringing the heat the past 24 hrs

As for my stance- I think that it's a legal issue and not a moral one, or at least it should be because certain people's morals are based on religion and as we know- this country was founded on the principle of church and state being separate entities.

If the highest courts/laws of the nation say that a fetus is human at X interval, then women should have the right to abort the fetus before that stage and it should be illegal and punishable to do so afterwards (Unless of course giving birth would endanger the life of the mother). So in my mind the major question isn't should a woman have the right to choose, it's more so when is a fetus considered human/alive...

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Didn't read my second post? I'm not saying it should be like that under every circumstance. Being underage or having been raped would definitely be exceptions.

But if you are an adult there is no reason to get pregnant after consensual sex, unless you want to get pregnant. At least, not where I am from. Where things like birth control and morning after pills are readily available, and everyone knows where to get them, anonymously if they need too.

And obviously you would get sterilized when you get an abortion. That would be the method. I know it's harsh, but an abortion is not something you should get for free with a pack of cornflakes either.
    So what if you're one of the unlucky ones taking pills as birth control and it doesn't work? Happens about 5% of the time...

Rather interesting:

Condoms have a failure rate of 14%
    Withdrawal before ejection has a failure rate of 19%
    Not too much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Double Tech bringing the heat the past 24 hrs

As for my stance- I think that it's a legal issue and not a moral one, or at least it should be because certain people's morals are based on religion and as we know- this country was founded on the principle of church and state being separate entities.

If the highest courts/laws of the nation say that a fetus is human at X interval, then women should have the right to abort the fetus before that stage and it should be illegal and punishable to do so afterwards (Unless of course giving birth would endanger the life of the mother). So in my mind the major question isn't should a woman have the right to choose, it's more so when is a fetus considered human/alive...
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that there have been cases where a murderer killed women while pregnant with a child that has not yet reached the "deadline", and had murder charges for the unborn child. So that means that in the eyes of the law, they consider what is or is not a "human" based upon the intention of the parent, and not a principal. That is entirely wrong.