Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

  1. #31
    Local High School Star Math2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
    Hawks need to get Avery Johnson
    yes!!! take him off ESPN..i cant stand his voice

  2. #32
    Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    1,829

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    You think I'm a JJ fan?
    Ask other posters who read my posts regularly what I think the Hawks should do with JJ.
    Whatever, you should have said SOMETHING about JJ. You don't lose because your 6th best player didn't play well, especially when he only averaged 2 less points in the playoffs and averaged more rebounds.

  3. #33
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    long island, NY
    Posts
    3,906

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    tha departure of mr. potato head

  4. #34
    5-time NBA All-Star G-train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Coaching definitely factored in on the Hawks failures. However Josh Smith needs to mature and JJ is a 2nd/third cog on a good team. And you can't have Crawford as a key player and expect to win much. He isn't a winner.

  5. #35
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    long island, NY
    Posts
    3,906

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Coaching definitely factored in on the Hawks failures. However Josh Smith needs to mature and JJ is a 2nd/third cog on a good team. And you can't have Crawford as a key player and expect to win much. He isn't a winner.
    jamal crawford tried, he's a good player, he just never been on a good team

  6. #36
    5-time NBA All-Star G-train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Jamal Crawford is an extremely talented player. He isn't a good player. He doesn't play winning basketball. Too much one on one, too little defence, too selfish.

  7. #37
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    long island, NY
    Posts
    3,906

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Jamal Crawford is an extremely talented player. He isn't a good player. He doesn't play winning basketball. Too much one on one, too little defence, too selfish.
    what u expect when josh smith and joe johnson acted like they didnt want to take over the games, but crawford was at least trying every game that magic/hawks series

  8. #38
    5-time NBA All-Star G-train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    what u expect when josh smith and joe johnson acted like they didnt want to take over the games, but crawford was at least trying every game that magic/hawks series
    I am talking about the entire DNA of an NBA team, not one series. If Joe Johnson is your 'best' player, Josh Smith is in your top 3 'best' players and Crawford is your 6th man playing big minutes.... then you aren't making it past 2nd round regardless of coach.

  9. #39
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    long island, NY
    Posts
    3,906

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I am talking about the entire DNA of an NBA team, not one series. If Joe Johnson is your 'best' player, Josh Smith is in your top 3 'best' players and Crawford is your 6th man playing big minutes.... then you aren't making it past 2nd round regardless of coach.
    reguardless crawford is a good player, put him on a contending team as the 3rd or 4th best player, and you will see how good he is.

  10. #40
    5-time NBA All-Star G-train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    I've watched him for his whole career, I don't need to see him on a contending team. I have seen him play, I am an extensive witness to his abilities.

    - Bad shot selection
    - Bad defence
    - Over dribbles
    - Over shoots

    Sure he is very talented and can provide good highlights. He is great at that, thus his cult following. But he aint a winning bball player. I'd prefer Dragic or Fisher.

  11. #41
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    long island, NY
    Posts
    3,906

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I've watched him for his whole career, I don't need to see him on a contending team. I have seen him play, I am an extensive witness to his abilities.

    - Bad shot selection
    - Bad defence
    - Over dribbles
    - Over shoots

    Sure he is very talented and can provide good highlights. He is great at that, thus his cult following. But he aint a winning bball player. I'd prefer Dragic or Fisher.
    dragic???

  12. #42
    NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,229

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Two Mikes gone in one season! SWEET!

  13. #43
    Child, please hawksdogsbraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,887

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I've watched him for his whole career, I don't need to see him on a contending team. I have seen him play, I am an extensive witness to his abilities.

    - Bad shot selection
    - Bad defence
    - Over dribbles
    - Over shoots

    Sure he is very talented and can provide good highlights. He is great at that, thus his cult following. But he aint a winning bball player. I'd prefer Dragic or Fisher.
    Dragic or Fisher? Are you serious? Crawford has his flaws but he has revitalized his career since coming to the Hawks. He led the league in 4th quarter minutes for us and won a lopsided 6th man of the year race. I'm not sure why you bring up Crawford in talking about the Hawks' struggles, because he was great this season and good in the post season.

    If you need someone to talk trash about on the Hawks make it Joe Johnson, 3rd team All-NBA who disappeared in the playoffs, or Mike Woodson, who clearly was the root of a lot of our problems.

  14. #44
    Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    1,829

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Dragic or Fisher? Are you serious? Crawford has his flaws but he has revitalized his career since coming to the Hawks. He led the league in 4th quarter minutes for us and won a lopsided 6th man of the year race. I'm not sure why you bring up Crawford in talking about the Hawks' struggles, because he was great this season and good in the post season.

    If you need someone to talk trash about on the Hawks make it Joe Johnson, 3rd team All-NBA who disappeared in the playoffs, or Mike Woodson, who clearly was the root of a lot of our problems.
    Im not so sure Dragic wouldn't be a good thing-- but not to replace Crawford, to replace Bibby. How much does Mike have left? He needs to be replaced, and Teague didn't play enough to be considered a starter. The problem is that he is under contract with Phoenix for another year, and he seems to be the heir apparent for Nash. I think the Hawks could replace Joe Johnson by replacing Bibby. An increase in production at the 1 coupled with Joe Crawford starting in Johnson's place could easily replace JJ,if not be more successful.

  15. #45
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,163

    Default Re: Hawks officially say goodbye to Mike Woodson

    What's thee point of firing Woodson when your interviewing bargin bin trash like Dwayne Casey and scrub like Tyrone Corbin?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •