Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on Game 7 in 2006 Phoenix Series

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    It wasnt right for any of the 2 players. Lebron might have gave up on his team but so did Kobe. I know you're happy when everyone bashes Lebron but you cant get over the fact that your hero did the exact same thing and hope for people to forget it.
    I don't give a rat's ass about Lebron. I don't ever waste time bashing him unless his fanboys ask for it. I just find it amusing how people want to bring up a 4 year old game from Kobe to justify what Lebron did...talk about insecure And no, Kobe did not do the "exact same thing"...then again, you're a Lebron fanboy...trying to reason with you fools is like trying to reason with the mentally challenged. Forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    I don't give a rat's ass about Lebron. I don't ever waste time bashing him unless his fanboys ask for it. I just find it amusing how people want to bring up a 4 year old game from Kobe to justify what Lebron did...talk about insecure And no, Kobe did not do the "exact same thing"...then again, you're a Lebron fanboy...trying to reason with you fools is like trying to reason with the mentally challenged. Forget it.
    Of course you're gonna say its different when its actually the same thing. Both didnt go 100% with the series on the line.

And LOL at you calling me a Lebron fanboy when you are a Kobe fanboy yourself! Look at your avy...You Laker fans have the worst reputation on ISH and this is no surprise. The irony in your 2 last sentences is too much

Kobe should receive more blame than LeBron. In 2006, the Lakers went into the playoffs with the best record in the league, Kobe was the MVP and they were favored to win it all. Despite all of this, Kobe decided to check out of the last 3 games in the series even though those games were within reach and ultimately they lost in 6. Shame on you Kobe, shame on you.

LeBron on the other hand, he came in with the 11th best record in the league, and took the 3rd best record team (that had the MVP in it) to 7 games and gave up in the second half of the last game when a comeback wasn't happening.
    Last edited by Phong; 05-17-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Kobe should receive the same amount of blame than LeBron. In 2006, the Lakers went into the playoffs with the best record in the league, Kobe was the MVP and they were favored to win it all. Despite all of this, Kobe decided to check out of the last 3 games in the series even though those games were within reach and ultimately they lost in 6. Shame on you Kobe, shame on you.
    Yes because im sure playing agaisnt Phoenix without Amare is the same thing as playing against healthy Celtics haha. Kobe had 3-1 lead! and he still blew it up. dont try to defend him.

Watching that game, it was pretty obvious Kobe quit on his team.

Yes because im sure playing agaisnt Phoenix without Amare is the same thing as playing against healthy Celtics haha. Kobe had 3-1 lead! and he still blew it up. dont try to defend him.
    And I'm sure playing with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown is the same as playing with Old Shaq and Antawn Jamison.

LeBron:
    - best record in the league: check
    - having the mvp in the team: check
    - home court advantage: check
    - quitting in 3 games out of 6: check
    Last edited by Phong; 05-17-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Of course you're gonna say its different when its actually the same thing. Both didnt go 100% with the series on the line.

And LOL at you calling me a Lebron fanboy when you are a Kobe fanboy yourself! Look at your avy...You Laker fans have the worst reputation on ISH and this is no surprise. The irony in your 2 last sentences is too much
    If you think you're getting to me by calling me a "Kobe fanboy", you're not. I know I've been a Laker fan for life, I don't have to prove anything to bandwagon fans like you. You're doing a good job embarrassing yourself anyway.

Just the fact that you think it's the "same thing" shows to me how much of a fanboy you are. The Cavs were the #1 seed with the best record in the league while the Lakers were a #7 seed hoping to upset the best team in the league. The Lakers supporting cast had the likes of Smush, Kwame and Luke. They were up 3-1 in the series because everyone was contributing. Kobe put up 50 pts in Game 6 and the Lakers lost. He had 23 pts at halftime of Game 7 and the Lakers were behind by 15 pts. If he couldn't get his teammates going, they would lose the game, period. But you'd have to watch the games to know that, not just talk out of your ass.

Phil said Kobe followed the game plan. Yet you fanboys think you have the knowledge to decide that Kobe did the "exact same thing"

If you think you're getting to me by calling me a "Kobe fanboy", you're not. I know I've been a Laker fan for life, I don't have to prove anything to bandwagon fans like you. You're doing a good job embarrassing yourself anyway.

Just the fact that you think it's the "same thing" shows to me how much of a fanboy you are. The Cavs were the #1 seed with the best record in the league while the Lakers were a #7 seed hoping to upset the best team in the league. The Lakers supporting cast had the likes of Smush, Kwame and Luke. They were up 3-1 in the series because everyone was contributing. Kobe put up 50 pts in Game 6 and the Lakers lost. He had 23 pts at halftime of Game 7 and the Lakers were behind by 15 pts. If he couldn't get his teammates going, they would lose the game, period. But you'd have to watch the games to know that, not just talk out of your ass.

Phil said Kobe followed the game plan. Yet you fanboys think you have the knowledge to decide that Kobe did the "exact same thing"
    LOL at you calling me a bandwagon fan when everybody here knows that most of your fans are Kobe followers. I woulndt be surprised if you're one of them. I was always a Pistons fan so your ''Lebron fanboy'' analogy is quite stupid.

There is a difference between getting your teammates involved and staying a the top of the key every single time and just swing the ball around. He didnt attack the basket at all and didnt set his teammates. I'm sure Phil didnt ask Kobe to take only 1 shot in the whole 2nd half and im sure he didnt ask him to be passive either. Do you seriously think think Kobe was trying his best to help his team playing that way? If not then STFU. Stop with your BS. Both gave up and that is what it is.

By the way Mike Brown said his team followed the game plan too but that the Celtics were just better. So whats your point? Do you excpect coaches to say their leaders and best players gave up on the team?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    watch yourself - Kobe about game 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjeiMBPMaE

that's what he said.
    That was a really good breakdown by Kobe. Wish he was on TNT more often, but that would mean he'd be out fishing early.

This.

+ crazy ass fans didn't even watch that game. i dare you to rewatch that game.

tell me if kobe passed the ball and started walking back to the other side of the court, which lebron did.

kobe tried to facilitate to get his teammates going. pass to luke = clank, pass to kwame = mishandles the ball and a turnover...

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    Kobe game 7 2006 = Lebron game 5 2010

If you want to call Lebron a choke and quitter and all that your going to have to call Kobe the same thing.

They took a similar approach to the 2nd half in those games and Kobe was even more passive than Lebron.
    Don't forget Michael Jordan in Game 5 of the 89' ECF. The series was tied 2-2 but Jordan was taking almost 1/3 of his team's shots and Collins asked him to pass the ball now and then (after all, how can his "supporting cast" help him if they never see the ball? ). Jordan responded by taking only 8 shots in the entire game (The Bulls lost by single digits so if MJ played they could have won)! How many times did you see Jordan take less than 20 shots in a game let alone finish in the single digits (the latter probably never happened in the playoffs)?

Jordan has been forgiven for it in the ECF so why is Lebron crucified for taking 14 shots in the ECSF and Kobe quitting half a game in the first round? at MJ fans like knowe and EricForman going bananas over Kobe even though their hero did the same thing, and arguably did worse. He did it with the ECF tied 2-2, not in the first round or ECSF.

umm Kobe just cannot beat the Suns, plain and simple.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Don't forget Michael Jordan in Game 5 of the 89' ECF. The series was tied 2-2 but Jordan was taking almost 1/3 of his team's shots and Collins asked him to pass the ball now and then (after all, how can his "supporting cast" help him if they never see the ball? ). Jordan responded by taking only 8 shots in the entire game (The Bulls lost by single digits so if MJ played they could have won)! How many times did you see Jordan take less than 20 shots in a game let alone finish in the single digits (the latter probably never happened in the playoffs)?

Jordan has been forgiven for it in the ECF so why is Lebron crucified for taking 14 shots in the ECSF and Kobe quitting half a game in the first round? at MJ fans like knowe and EricForman going bananas over Kobe even though their hero did the same thing, and arguably did worse. He did it with the ECF tied 2-2, not in the first round or ECSF.

roundball at it again.

you sure you a pippen fan, man? you seem to just want to hate jordan.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    roundball at it again.

you sure you a pippen fan, man? you seem to just want to hate jordan.
    If it is okay for Jordan in Game 5 of the ECF with the series tied 2-2 why is it a sin for Lebron in the ECSF or Kobe in the first round? You called out Kobe yet when your hero doing the same thing with greater stakes was pointed out this was your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Chamberlain still has not been forgiven for his 2 FGA in the second half of the 7th game in '68, despite receiving the ball 2 times in the pivot for the final 12 minutes. With the powerful, but undersized Wayne Embry as his primary defender one would think the team would have made a concerted effort to get the ball to him even with the rest of the Celtics sagging back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Vtw7fbktc#t=7m56s