Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lebron gave Rose a call after being eliminated and his team was seen with bulls gear

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy87
    The only thing he'll get in New York is "hes better than Ewing"
    Are you serious?

Default Re: Lebron gave Rose a call after being eliminated and his team was seen with bulls gear

Man I could kill for a slice of coal fired Patsy's

Look at this disgusting mess, this isn't pizza.

I'm from LA and while our pizza sucks ass, it lets me be an objective third party...

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    I think Knick fans are worried because from the start of the 2008-09 season, all that they've been talking about was lebron coming to NY.

All the stars were seeming to align for it to happen, they tanked two seasons, traded for cap space, all with this summer in mind.

The fans were all making avatars, posters, photoshop pics, and cutom jerseys with "James" 23, or King James on the backs of them. Their whole reason for existing was lebron coming there. There was no other talk of anyone else suiting up, just lebron.

They were cocky, arrogant and surprisingly more obnoxious than NY'ers can be, and that's saying something.

Now all of a sudden, they aren't the favorites anymore and the possibility of him not going to NY is real strong, and they can't handle it.
    QFT

at the Knicks possibly tanking two seasons for Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer.

Also, think about this: their best season in the past 12 years was when they won 49 games and lost in the second round. Even if Lebron doesn't win a ring with the Bulls(which I doubt), at least Bulls fans can actually revel in the fact that they finally have a team that can actually be considered a title contender again.
    Exactly.

I'm just saying I don't think there's ever been one city so attached to a specific athlete, at least not in my lifetime.
    That scares me. Cleveland. Almost half a million people in the city. Yet they are acting as if their wife is leaving them when it comes to Lebron? He is a basketball player. Yeah, their team is shot without him but there has to be more going on in a city of half a million people. Cleveland is not as "small" as people think anyway.

Population of selected major cities

Cleveland 433k
    Miami 413k
    Oakland 404k
    Minneapolis 382k
    New Orleons 336k
    Pittsburgh 310k

It is not exactly a hamlet!

With all that said, I'm not getting my hopes up. In fact, if I had to make a bet, I'd probably go with him STILL being a Cav, although I do think the chances of him leaving are greater and the chances of him coming to the Bulls are greater.
    Neither am I. The encouraging thing is the evidently now widespread recognition among players, league insiders, and the media that Chicago provides the best chance to win for a free agent. Chicago being the third largest city in the nation is only icing on the cake. If we don't get Lebron we will certainly get at least one of the "big four" free agents out of Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Amare.

He doesn't want to play in Candace Parker's shadow.

Are you serious?
    If he winds up ringless, yes. The flip side to possibly saving basketball in New York is if he fails to deliver a ring he will never hear the end of it. See Ewing, "basketball is back in New York" Patrick...
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 05-17-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by jdem

I'm from LA and while our pizza sucks ass, it lets me be an objective third party...

Where the hell is that second pizza from?

I have had a hell of a lot of deep dish pizza and I have never seen one that looked like that.

That is what most deep dish pizzas look like.

Learning to shoot layups Dudley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    You can say what you want about my Bulls...

Say Rose isn't a PG and he can't shoot.

Make fun of Noah's hair.

Talk shit about Kraise and the BREAKUP OF OUR DYNASTY.

But never...eva eva eva eva talk shit about Chicago Pizza.

If you've never tagged your name in a Gino's or tasted the pizza perfection that is Homerun Inn, Beggars, Chicago Dough, or Aurelio's....you cannot claim to be a pizza expert!
    I actually saw a show on TV comparing the two pizzas. After watching the TV show for a straight hour, I can easy say that NYC pizza > Chicago. Chicago's pizza is way too thick for me.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Pizzeria Uno's Chicago Grill does indeed serve the best pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    I actually saw a show on TV comparing the two pizzas. After watching the TV show for a straight hour, I can easy say that NYC pizza > Chicago. Chicago's pizza is way too thick for me.
    Chicago has better hot dogs NYC has better pizza

Default Re: Lebron gave Rose a call after being eliminated and his team was seen with bulls g

Just a few more weeks of this and we will be done. This board might explode in the mean time.

Good High School Starter

Chicago has better hot dogs NYC has better pizza

Just a question...does everyone east or west of us think that Chicago only serves deep dish pizza? This is a serious question.

Pizzerias like Giordanos, Lou Malnatis, and Braconis serve some amazing thin crust.

Anyhow, I think it's interesting how when anyone talks about Chicago pizza, they speak as if there is only deep dish.

Not airballing my layups anymore

So were suppose to take Pizza advice from someone whose from LA...

Just because your baby hands can't hold a real slice of pizza doesn't mean it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy87
    Just a question...does everyone east or west of us think that Chicago only serves deep dish pizza? This is a serious question.

Pizzerias like Giordanos, Lou Malnatis, and Braconis serve some amazing thin crust.

Anyhow, I think it's interesting how when anyone talks about Chicago pizza, they speak as if there is only deep dish.
    Because deep dish is your claim to fame pizza and your traditional/thin crust is mediocre. You guys don't do peel-to-brick at 800+degrees in a coal oven and put WAY too much toppings on your "regular" pizza. I've eaten at all these places and everything I've had in chicago (with the exception of deep dish) can be replicated everywhere else in the country and it is. NYC pizza is unique to NYC even though it's basic. I don't know if it's the air, the yeast, the water, who cares, it's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by elaments
    So were suppose to take Pizza advice from someone whose from LA...

Just because your baby hands can't hold a real slice of pizza doesn't mean it's bad.
    I'm from LA but I travel 20K+ miles per year domestically I've eaten at all the big-name places.

lol another fail of a thread

Knicks fans have been joked around for believing Lebron could joined the Knicks when all the media everywhere back it up as a strong possibility, and gave solid reasons why.

Now some chicago a-hole, that's right, nobody else, says Lebron will go to the bulls, back it up with a stupid story, phone calls and gears, so stupid that himself in his story says it doesn't make sense, and we see bulls fans acting like morons, taking for granted Lebron will join the bulls and who are the bad guys again, knicks fans...

Not airballing my layups anymore

You got it all wrong element. Chicagoans don't eat pizza with forks because their hands are small, it's because their pizza is more like lasagna than anything else. Who would eat lasagna with their hands?