Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Megan Fox's Transformers 3 replacement is......

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    And the financial success proves it.
    Pearl harbor made 200 million dollars.

Who likes that movie now?

These movies are largely successful because of mass marketing. It's no coincidence that big budget movies always end up with advertisements all through the fast food chains and of course the most TV commercials.

As The Joker would say... It's all part of the plan.

Just like politics. Your given two or three guys.... You got CNN to hype up one side and Fox News to hype up the other side. You see the commercials and the billboards and people feel they gotta vote for one of these peoples.

It's systematic bullsh!t. That's all it is.

I'm sure glad I don't have to go by box office total to decide what a good movie is.

The Shawshank Redemption was a box office failure but is now considered one of the best movies by the general population and more selective film crowds.

Of course nobody is dumb for liking a movie. Smart people can be lazy about certain things or have bad taste or whatever.

I'm not even that bright of a guy... Hell, I cared about very little in the years I was supposed to be learning, but some bullsh!t is just obvious if you pay any attention to it.
    Last edited by Hotlantadude81; 06-02-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    1) It was you who got embarrassed last time, and couldn't understand a simple concept or statement.

2) Most people here are arguing with, not agree with you.

rofl, you did this last time to, when everyone in the thread was just laughing at you for trying to argue that caddyshack and theres something about mary where the two greatest comedies ever made- or something along those lines.

dont make me dig the thread up its too embarrassing. whats also really funny is in that very thread, and others, people were pointing out that you have once again talked aload of total shit that everyone disagrees with and then pretended that everyone was agreeing with you. lol.

dont act like you havent been following me around every film thread waiting till someone had an argument with me so you could step in.
    Last edited by ukplayer4; 06-02-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    Here's the problem...QUALITY. You have been saying that transformers is not a "good" movie and is of "poor" quality. There is no right for you to say that. You can say that the plot sucks compared to most movies, but to say it has poor quality...well the numbers are against you.

the numbers have NOTHING do with the quality of a production, any sane and rational human being will tell you that, walk out into the street and consult the first person you come into contact with, infact if you could comprehend anything that has ever been written on any medium of art youd understand. what you are saying is that the money made from a film dictates its quality as a film im not gonna try and change your mind on it, but every person in the field of all artforms, any critic, theorist, writer or academic would disagree. as you can see(or maybe you cant) everyone who has touched on it in this thread also understands this. its simple commen sense.
    dont you understand that plot is a part of the quality of a film and that box office revenue has nothing to do with its quality? there are many reasons people see films like transformers, most of them dont have anything to do with its quality as a film.

You can say that prime Shaq sucks in terms of skill because he can't do what Kobe can in terms of fancy fadeaway shots and dribbling. And you would be right. But here you are using that to determine that Kobe is better than Shaq in terms of quality of basketball. That makes you look like a total fool. Sure all Shaq can do is put the ball in the basket, but that's what counts. That is what most coaches value. That's what wins. Who cares if he does not have artistic skill? You're a moron.

and again you stupidly compare the film world to the nba. why would anyone say shaq sucks(as if he doesnt even have skill ), he was perfectly effective as a ball player, transformers does not function as films. you are a plain liar and retard, i keep telling you its nonsensical to compare ball players to films and then you keep repeating that I AM SAYING KOBE IS BETTER THAN SHAQ your demented.

It is simply a matter of you misunderstanding what people are actually talking about. People here are excited about a new transformers movie with a new hot chick and can't wait to be entertained by all that. You then come in and say that transformers is a poor quality film and saying people that watch it are stupid. You are pissing the majority off who have every right to watch what they enjoy by choice. Unless you have good proof that these people aren't getting the quality of their money they paid which is tonnes of money by tonnes of people, you are a moron.

the only person misunderstanding is you, i have explained very simply what i am saying and constantly repeated that box office revenue is not what dictates a quality film, christ if you wont listen to me read what other people are writing...the amjority keep stating that they dont think transformers is a quality film, talk to them about it cause im bored of repeating myself and you are too dumb to comprehend simple logic.
    even the people that go and see transformers dont go expecting a quality film and i have said time and time again that transformers has its place it, just isnt a quality film(which nobody would disagree with)

in your next reply could you try making your point without blatent lies and making stuff up? if your gonna pretend i said something i didnt could you atleast quote and indicate where it is implyed.

The fact that he's taking a second degree, and majoring in a useless field such as film proves that he has absolutely no analytical skills and should not be critiquing anything important.

heres the issue, you consider film worthless by your own admission, perhaps that is whats stopping you from comprehending that people who watch films discuss the quality of the film and not its economic potential. i want to work in the field of film so im doing exactly what i should be.

Let's recap what just went on here shall we?

1) Some idiot posted that transformers is a money gimmick, people are stupid to watch it and that the world is sad because of it. I commented that if these people are stupid, then he's equally stupid for watching basketball which is not productive to this world except to entertain for money.

all of that is lies

2) UKplayer gets all butthurt that he's being called an idiot for liking to watch basketball, as he truly feels that people who like transformers are idiots. The analogy is killing him so much inside that the only way for him to deal with it is to say that the analogy does not make sense and insult me for making the analogy.

so everyone who watches basketball is stupid? nice logic genuis, more lies still i have again and again said that transformers has its place its just not quality film making

3) I challenged him to point out the flaws in the analogy, which he fails to do so but to say that basketball and chess and movies are different and should not relate to each other. Guess what an analogy is dumbass? To get an example that is not related but shares similarity in a respect to help you understand the topic at hand.

they dont share similarities tho, you have just tried to pretend that they are consumed in the same way- i and others have pointed this out. film is an artform and is viewed by all, basketball is a sport that is watched by people who play and have an interest in basketball.

4) When challenged with further analogies, he simply says that the analogies are stupid and keeps insisting that transformers are "not good artistically". Well dumbass who is arguing that it is an art piece? The analogies are to point out that people are not dumbasses like you for liking transformers and that it is a good movie because it is entertaining. And the financial success proves it. No one mentioned artform and no one gives a shit about it. Arguing that I have no idea what I am talking about when you are going out on your own tangent about the artform of the movie shows how good you are in keeping your arguments straight and logical.

you are trying to seperate transformers from its medium, like it or not transformers is a film and film is an artform and it gets judged as a film not by its box office revenue, deny it all you want....

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81

These movies are largely successful because of mass marketing. It's no coincidence that big budget movies always end up with advertisements all through the fast food chains and of course the most TV commercials.

Just like politics. Your given two or three guys.... You got CNN to hype up one side and Fox News to hype up the other side. You see the commercials and the billboards and people feel they gotta vote for one of these peoples.

I'm sure glad I don't have to go by box office total to decide what a good movie is.

The Shawshank Redemption was a box office failure but is now considered one of the best movies by the general population and more selective film crowds.

Of course nobody is dumb for liking a movie. Smart people can be lazy about certain things or have bad taste or whatever.

I'm not even that bright of a guy... Hell, I cared about very little in the years I was supposed to be learning, but some bullsh!t is just obvious if you pay any attention to it.

im glad to see hotlanta(as usual) and others fully comprehend that box office revenue is not indicative of the quality of a film and that there are other factors that determine if a film is a success financially.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    im glad to see hotlanta(as usual) and others fully comprehend that box office revenue is not indicative of the quality of a film and that there are other factors that determine if a film is a success financially.

Even the general public seems somewhat mixed on Transformers 2 despite it's box office total. People pay to see a movie before they actually see it. It is possible for a movie to make lot's of money and not be loved by the general population.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra made 150 million dollars and it's even got lots of bad reviews at amazon.com which gets reviews from a lot of the general population people. People are less critical of movies normally.
    Last edited by Hotlantadude81; 06-02-2010 at 01:30 PM.

I wouldnt be shocked if this girl is a much better actress than Fox.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81

200mil is good? Try making a pearl harbour 2 and see who gives a shit about it.

The reason why it did well is that Michael Bay still had somewhat of a good rep and "artsy" movies like pearl harbor tend to be better made movies during that time. People fell for it and paid for the movie, but it didn't even stamp out on the box office with authority or anything.

For Transformers, the first movie did well and so did the second. Same for Spiderman. To piss on consistent good results and say the whole series suck shows how stupid you are.

As for UKplayer, he is just too far gone. He can't even grasp simple analogies and can't accept that Kobe has more way more skill than Shaq which even the average fan can agree with. Talking to him is a complete waste of time.