Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334
    soundcloud->solarcism

Default Re: All Time Music Draft 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    not before you judge
    can we get the final lineups? you and dash have included nice little writeups, but from what i can see nobody else has. half the joy is arguing your picks at the end; what makes them work, why they gel, any previous collabos etc etc

Studio head - Quincy Jones

Band 1:
    Prince
    Richard Wright
    Mitch Mitchell
    Larry Graham

I see this band as a gathering of different styles. Larry Graham is my favorite bassist ever. He will supply the funkiness and feel to all the tracks that the group puts out. Richard Wright provides a totally different approach from the rest of the group and will do wonders to diversify the sound of the group. He and Prince could work magic together. Mitch Mitchell will be a solid drummer to let the other do their thing and he and Prince can play off each other during live shows. Prince is the genius and virutoso that makes the group work. He has such a broad range of styles and abilities and he will bring together all the different influences of the group to make an incredible display of music.

Band 2:
    Duane Allman
    Carl Palmer
    Jack Bruce

I would absolutely love to see Duane and Jack Bruce to make music together. Both of these guys are musicians I highly admire and I believe they would mesh perfectly to make incredible music. They both can sing lead and are incredible on their individual instruments. Jack Bruce is a very technical sound drummer and will provide the stability and pace behind Duane and Jack that will allow these two stars to shine. I think this group will have incredible cohesion and produce some outstanding rock music.

Solo artist/Band collaborators:
    Erykah Badu
    Leonard Cohen

Badu is undoubtably creative and a force as a solo artist. She has made countless great songs and I think her teamed up with Quincy Jones would produce a record that would take over the market for female soloists. I could also see her performing and collaborating with Prince's band or doing an album with Prince that would be astounding. Leonard Cohen is an incredible writer. He has written a ton of great songs and also is a published author. He could put out his own solo albums while also writing for the Duane Allman group.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 07-11-2010 at 11:47 PM.

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    can we get the final lineups?
    Mine is at post #483.

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Mine is at post #483.
    duly noted. you might wanna provide a final writeup/summary too. definitely some interesting selections in there, i'm curious as to how you think they'd work cohesively

What happens when your pair Bjork with Bootsy Collins? Questions like this keep me up late at night. I ponder them so much that I am tempted to fire up my time machine and snatch up these following artists, drop them in a studio, let’s say the Jimi Hendrix designed Electric Ladyland, and tell them to make The Dash Mane some magic.

Bootsy Collins
    Bjork
    Vernon Reid
    Clyde Stubblefield
    Edgar Winter
    Edwin Starr
    Wendy Melvoin
    Lisa Coleman
    Christian Scott
    Andre 3000
    Disk One of an Epic Triple Album

The the first song to be recorded would be a fresh interpretation of “I’d Rather Be With You”, embeded below, with Bjork replacing Bootsy on the lead vocals, adding her own adlibs, and Edwin Starr and Andre 3000 singing back up. Vernon would get the opportunity to shred away as well.
    cont. here to avoid ISH's link limits.

http://thecochranfirm.wordpress.com/...sical-what-if/
    Last edited by Dasher; 07-12-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    duly noted. you might wanna provide a final writeup/summary too. definitely some interesting selections in there, i'm curious as to how you think they'd work cohesively
    I think all of the artists could put out solo albums with help from the others. I think most of the guys I picked have had a solo career as well as worked in a band. I could also form some groups and do concerts and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBbjzCCwxr4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF3fd_DOChM

Eric Clapton on lead guitar, Nathan East on bass, Phil Collins on drums, I could go with Stevie on keyboard to replace Greg Phillinganes, and put Winwood somewhere else like on organ. Then, I could bring any number of other guys on with them to do some songs. They're doing a Marley song in the second clip, so he'd fit in for some songs. Gibbons and/or Fogerty could come out and rock out for some songs. Smokey and/or Otis could come out and do some soul. I could create a great soul group with Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, and Smokey Robinson. I could throw in some others to play some instruments for them.

Sorry, if this is kind of halfassed, but I kind of forgot all what I was going for. I know a bunch of them have worked together and/or covered songs of the others. I have a number of guys that have produced albums, all are writers, some can play various instruments, and they're all pretty damn good singers. East's is the weakest, but his voice isn't bad. The singing, writing, producing, and instrument playing would all be strong.

Stevie Wonder: Singer, songwriter, various instruments, producer
    Eric Clapton: Singer, songwriter, guitarist, composer
    Bob Marley: Singer, songwriter, guitarist, percussionist
    John Fogerty: Singer, songwriter, various instruments, producer
    Smokey Robinson: Singer, songwriter, producer, vice president
    Phil Collins: Singer, songwriter, drummer, keyboardist, producer
    Otis Redding: Singer, songwriter
    Steve Winwood: Singer, songwriter, various instruments, producer
    Nathan East: Singer, songwriter, bassist
    Billy Gibbons: Singer, songwriter, guitarist, composer