Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Congrats NBA, you've lost yet another fan(warning long rant ahead)

Quote Originally Posted by srekaL
    You're a joke that is not an automatic flagrant in todays NBA and more often than not they would just wait to see if the basket was made to call a foul or not. The OP used a terrible example. Perkins clearly fouled Gasol on that dunk attempt and it wasn't even really debatable. If he's talking about the play where the ball fell out of TA's hand when Kobe blocked it, then that also was not a foul and a good no call. I believe more times that not if it's a hack and the play is not completed then it is called. If the player is hacked and does not finish then they give him the foul call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-pz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NY54...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23isw...eature=related

None of these is harder then Lambeer on Jordan. They just dive more and roll a round on the floor like pussys. If somebody today was fouled like that by Lambeer they would be roling on the floor. Jordan just took it.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    Watch this clip. No foul was called. Today this would be a flagrant 100 percent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_orBKAtZQk
    I don't think it would. But they should've called a foul on that play. You hear people praise the non-calls when in reality it was supposed to be a foul. About 20 years ago, it was the same thing. I think most fans will praise or hate the call depending on what team they are rooting for. The NBA fans are weird.

NBA fans get pissed off when they called the fouls and the NBA fans get pissed when they don't. If the refs keep it by the book, the NBA fans will get pissed because they would call too much fouls. As a NBA fan, you would realize how many people will say "This is the playoffs, you should let that go." That's being hypocritical and encourage more inconsistent calls.

The refs are inconsistent. They always been like that. And if the game was called how it was meant to be called then there would be a lot more fouls being called. They were tick tack fouls called 20 years ago and they are tick tack fouls called now.

This has been going on for decades. Couple of new things have been added, but the core of it is the same. People complained about the calls today, and people complained about the calls back then. Basically all of the complaints will sum up to this: same sh!t, different day.

However...back then they let them fight and push around a bit. They are scared to fight now. As I said before, blame Ron Artest and that beer guy. Those two changed the game. But that was the best brawl.

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-pz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NY54...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23isw...eature=related

None of these is harder then Lambeer on Jordan. They just dive more and roll a round on the floor like pussys. If somebody today was fouled like that by Lambeer they would be roling on the floor. Jordan just took it.
    are you stupid? or just a blind homer?
    Jordan barely got touched and didnt even lose balance. All these guys were undercut or thrown

Just stop posting

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EastCaliChillin
    are you stupid? or just a blind homer?
    Jordan barely got touched and didnt even lose balance. All these guys were undercut or thrown

Just stop posting
    Watch it at full speed.
    Jordan could have easily lost his body control and fall on the ground with his back first.

Didn't watch the whole game but what bad calls have been made? Any fixing?

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

I stopped reading after the 3rd paragraph once I realized this was about his hate for the Lakers, and nothing else. Good job of masking it, dude.

If the Celtics would have won tonight, this thread wouldn't have been made.

Banned

Watch it at full speed.
    Jordan could have easily lost his body control and fall on the ground with his back first.
    I seriously think your joking or just flat out dumb.

The contact was so minimal jordan didnt even lose balance let alone hit the ground

Lol @ thats a flagrant today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EastCaliChillin
    I seriously think your joking or just flat out dumb.

The contact was so minimal jordan didnt even lose balance let alone hit the ground

Lol @ thats a flagrant today
    minimal contacht?????????? Pause it at 0.44 and tell me again that this is a minimal contact.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzzNa6Fzcr8

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron Bryant
    Didn't watch the whole game but what bad calls have been made? Any fixing?
    Nah, there were just a lot of fouls being called. The Celtics and the Lakers were in foul trouble the whole game. I think there were a couple of questionable fouls, but that probably occurs in every game.

Nothing better than that.

sweep?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    My thoughts on it are simple....refs should not influence the flow of the game, ever. And I saw them literally changing the very flow, and rhythm throughout tonight's game being extremely whistle heavy, and calling outright ticky tack fouls. Both sides were literally having fouls left and right at one point...and initially it was because (imo) of Ron throwing himself on Pierce early on....So my guess was, they wanted to shut down physical play and keep players in check?

However....why the fu*k do they do that? CALL EACH INDIVIDUAL PLAY AS IT SHOULD BE CALLED. Why are OFFICIALS trying to make a point?
    Except that's their friggin job! To manage the game and let the player decide the outcome within the games rules. If a game starts getting too physical they need to start calling more fouls. If a player starts getting too cute with the ball, they can start calling palming. But if a player palms it in the back court with no defenders... what's the sense in calling palming? If they called every single foul on the floor the game would be unwatchable, and the best players would be the ones that ran around carefully obeying the rules rather than the ones that were good at the game. It's a basketball game, not the SAT's. The game is meant to be fluid and dynamic. If a player takes an extra step in the back court when no one is guarding him, what's the sense in calling a travel when neither team benefited? If a defender bumps an offensive player in the paint and causes him to take longer than three seconds in the key, they could call the defender for impeding progress or the offensive player for 3-seconds. Or they could manage the game and call nothing. Sure this leads to some guy sitting at home screaming THREEEEEE SECOOOONDS!!! at the top of their lungs, but that's still better than stopping play for something so minor. People need to stop focusing on the letter of the law and see it as an advantage/disadvantage judgement call.

I rule the local playground

The OP is mad, I wonder why. Because of 102-89 perhaps?

I don't think Stern frequents this board. Anyone want to bet if the C's win game 2 the OP will be back posting with a fury?

Quote Originally Posted by NLZ
    I stopped reading after the 3rd paragraph once I realized this was about his hate for the Lakers, and nothing else. Good job of masking it, dude.

If the Celtics would have won tonight, this thread wouldn't have been made.
    This.

One bad game with a couple bad calls (both ways). If you stop watching the NBA over this game, then you weren't a real fan to begin with.