Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hey, how come I don't get tipped at my job?

would it make you feel better if they added 18 percent to everything at a restraunt and then gave it to the waiters?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

cause you dont get paid 2.55 an hour

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    would it make you feel better if they added 18 percent to everything at a restraunt and then gave it to the waiters?
    I wouldn't care how they do it. People are not gonna stop eating cause the price goes up. It's not my job to pay these employees, is it?

But hey, it's the American way.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    They're homeless, they need money just like the $2.50 waiters.
    Nice way to ignore the rest of it. What do homeless people do for you?
    Waiters are working hard and don't get paid sufficiently. You on the other hand work, and do get paid sufficiently, and is the reason people don't tip you.

Once again, do you support Obama? Did you agree with the healthcare reform?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    cause you dont get paid 2.55 an hour
    So we should give them more money? Shouldn't some other people be giving them more cash and not the costumers.

I wouldn't care how they do it. People are not gonna stop eating cause the price goes up. It's not my job to pay these employees, is it?

But hey, it's the American way.
    yes actually it is the job of the consumer to pay the producer/server.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Isn't it 10%?

Oh, and heres another thing. I was just out at a restaurant tonight with a group of people and I was pulling out some dollar bills to hand to the waitress and she says "oh no, we already put the tip on the receipt".......really? Really? Shouldn't I decide if and how much money I should be giving you? It just ticked me off, I was gonna give her 2-3 dollars anyway, but no, they already "calculated" the tip for you. Should I give them a tip for calculating as well?

im done with this thread. Lkizzle if you seriously cant understand this, you are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Isn't it 10%?

Oh, and heres another thing. I was just out at a restaurant tonight with a group of people and I was pulling out some dollar bills to hand to the waitress and she says "oh no, we already put the tip on the receipt".......really? Really? Shouldn't I decide if and how much money I should be giving you? It just ticked me off, I was gonna give her 2-3 dollars anyway, but no, they already "calculated" the tip for you. Should I give them a tip for calculating as well?
    It hasnt been 10% for years. its 15-18%. I was a waiter for like 2 weeks in college and hated it so i usually go 18-20% depending on the service.

If thats the case, im betting there were more than 6 of you. Most places have a thing that says gratuity added on parties of 6 or more.

Very good NBA starter

Here's the thing, its their JOB to serve you. wtf? If we would stop tipping than the employers would start giving them normal hourly wages.

I give tips every time I get a haircut, go out to restaurants or anything else that needs tipping, im just saying I agree with Kizzle.

Why the hell should I tip you for something I can do myself? I can go up to the counter and tell them what I want and even grab my own food, thing is the restaurant pays the people to do it for me, I shouldn't be subjected into paying them for it.

If you wanna be cheap. then ****ing do it on your own. Go to applebees and order your food to go, that way no one is serving you and you don't have to tip. You don't want to tip the pizza delivery guy? Then get off your lazy ass, drive to the ****ing pizza place and pick it up.

Has anybody ever tipped a janitor?

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    If you wanna be cheap. then ****ing do it on your own. Go to applebees and order your food to go, that way no one is serving you and you don't have to tip. You don't want to tip the pizza delivery guy? Then get off your lazy ass, drive to the ****ing pizza place and pick it up.

I give the tips, not saying I don't, but its their job to do that shit. I guess I understand restaurants, but pizza delivery men? Really?

Very good NBA starter

Has anybody ever tipped a janitor?
    you're comparing a waiter/delivery guy who has a guaranteed salary of 5,000 a year, to a janitor who is probably making 25,000? If i hire a janitor to come to my house and clean up some huge mess, and he does a good job i might give him a tip...

I give the tips, not saying I don't, but its their job to do that shit. I guess I understand restaurants, but pizza delivery men? Really?
    i know what you mean, but i had a couple friends who worked as pizza delivery guys. sometime the tips sucked, but other days they'd have a couple guys give them $20. one time, a guy gave one of my friends $35. idk, people are excited for pizza?

i DID try to tip a janitor once though. this was back in high school. he was cleaning another room and almost done so i kinda waited. i felt like i rushed him though. i asked if i could get my book from another room across campus. he was cool about it, but he wouldn't take the tip.

i usually follow the 15% rule. i'll tip less if service is not up too par. i'll tip more if the server was real attentive on things like filling drinks and being polite. it makes a difference.

Very good NBA starter

Like i said get off your lazy ass, drive 10 minutes to the store, pay for your pizza there, drive 10 minutes back with it, and bam you avoided tipping a kid $2. If you prefer to have a kid drive through town and walk the food to your door as you sit around watching family matters re runs, then fork over the $2 you cheap ****.