Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss how/why the Celtics just beat the Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals game 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    There was at least one instance where I thought he should have just shot the ball instead of looking to dish it. He has a little room to improve his decision making.

Also, he missed a gimme tonight. idk if its because he goes up wiht one hand a lot or what but he misses layups occasionally. Either way, he is damn impressive lately and looks to be a superstar soon, if not already.
    ...and he had the seven turnovers, which is about three too many, even for a PG that does as much ball-handling as Rondo.

Still, guy is the truth.

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Discuss how/why the Celtics just beat the Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals game 5

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    The Lakers two 7 footers collectively played like two ******s. I know Gasol ended up with 12 rebounds but it had to be the quietest and wussiest 12 rebounds in NBA finals history. And hurting or not, if you're a 7 footer and play 32 minutes, you almost have to be trying to only get 1 rebound. That's pathetic.

And oh yeah, the Celtics were just the better team tonight. The game was not nearly as close as the final 6 point margin indicates.
    Out of the third quarter numbers, Kobe shot 33% from the field on 18 field goal attempts. 33% and 18 attempts = big difference than 12 PTS 12 REB 12 FG attempts. Give Gasol the same number of touches as Kobe..18 those three quarters. I'll take his high percentage shots over tough shots.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    ...and he had the seven turnovers, which is about three too many, even for a PG that does as much ball-handling as Rondo.

Still, guy is the truth.
    Yeah I only expect him to become more refined and better as time goes on. I had a friend tell me he is the best PG in the league now but he is just overreacting. I'd take Deron over him any day and most likely Paul. I can't wait till Paul comes back and rips up the league. I might get league pass just to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by sayitaintso
    Out of the third quarter numbers, Kobe shot 33% from the field on 18 field goal attempts. 33% and 18 attempts = big difference than 12 PTS 12 REB 12 FG attempts. Give Gasol the same number of touches as Kobe..18 those three quarters. I'll take his high percentage shots over tough shots.
    I'll give you that, but I watched all 48 minutes of that game rather intently, and for the most part I completely forgot Gasol was in the game. That's not a good thing for a team's #2 option in tied NBA series.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Wow... I knew that Rondo was scoring the ball at a pretty efficient rate tonight, but I just took a look at the box for the first time.

He finished 9-for-12 from the field to go along with eight assists.

Rajon continues to impress and no stage seems too big for him. What a coming out party this post-season has been for him.
    you forgot his 7 TOs, many due to his overpenetration and resultant stupid play. overpenetration, is that like crushing the cervix?

Still, guy is the truth.
    no, Pierce is the truth, Ray is jesus.

With the truth and jesus on your side, how can you lose?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'll give you that, but I watched all 48 minutes of that game rather intently, and for the most part I completely forgot Gasol was in the game. That's not a good thing for a team's #2 option in tied NBA series.
    yeah, he wasnt very noticeable, but I also didnt see him get it in the low post much. he was being pushed out of position and very few re-sets.

How did the Celtics won? Essentially because LA is using all of their cap space and only has 2, arguably 3, players on their roster.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

So I'm laying in bed watching a downloaded replay of the game and I'm watching the Lakers defense a bit more closely. Felt compelled to get up and get opinions on something.

Kobe should be playing Rondo more tightly on defense. Given how poorly the defensive rotations are on the LA side right now added to the fact that Bynum is not playing the middle right now at anything near 100%, does it really help the Lakers defense to give Rondo THAT much room to run things and pick them apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    So I'm laying in bed watching a downloaded replay of the game and I'm watching the Lakers defense a bit more closely. Felt compelled to get up and get opinions on something.

Kobe should be playing Rondo more tightly on defense. Given how poorly the defensive rotations are on the LA side right now added to the fact that Bynum is not playing the middle right now at anything near 100%, does it really help the Lakers defense to give Rondo THAT much room to run things and pick them apart?
    hmmn, Im not sure about that. I do think that kobe gave up a lot of plays for rondo by playing off him a little too far, but I also think that playing his passing lanes is much more important than checking his initial movement or shot attempt. Hes not blowing by kobe that much, but he is setting up others effectively.

I do think that kobe's D suffers when he becomes the one man O show (primary handler, initiator and finisher).

Quote Originally Posted by rfm767
    How did the Celtics won? Essentially because LA is using all of their cap space and only has 2, arguably 3, players on their roster.

YOu falkin frontrunning fans are straight pathetic. what a bunch of no balls crybabies you are. What were you saying about pau after game 1.

Learn to roll with some punches

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound

YOu falkin frontrunning fans are straight pathetic. what a bunch of no balls crybabies you are. What were you saying about pau after game 1.

Learn to roll with some punches
    And, once again, in LA's Game 2 loss, Pau was 7-for-10 with 25 points, eight boards, and six blocks while Kobe was 8-for-20 with 20 points and five turnovers.

I am not pointing this out in an attempt to put down Kobe... Quite the contrary, I just want to give Gasol the praise he deserves for being arguably the most skilled big man in the league. It bothers me that self-described Lakers fans are so quick to abandon this guy after a sub-par performance.

Stick with your guys... Win or lose.

I'm still a fan of Antawn Jamison and Gasol has been playing like a prime Wilt Chamberlain compared to the series that Jamison had against Boston.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 06-14-2010 at 02:04 AM.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

And, once again, in LA's Game 2 loss, Pau was 7-for-10 with 25 points, eight boards, and six blocks while Kobe was 8-for-20 with 20 points and five turnovers.

I am not pointing this out in an attempt to put down Kobe... Quite the contrary, I just want to give Gasol the praise he deserves for being arguably the most skilled big man in the league. It bothers me that self-described Lakers fans are so quick to abandon this guy after a sub-par performance.

Stick with your guys... Win or lose.

I'm still a fan of Antawn Jamison and Gasol has been playing like a prime Wilt Chamberlain compared to the series that Jamison had against Boston.
    Wow, game 5 with the series being tied up at 2 is a lot more important then being up 1-0 playing game 2. Pau was horrible tonight in a pretty damn important game.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    Wow, game 5 with the series being tied up at 2 is a lot more important then being up 1-0 playing game 2. Pau was horrible tonight in a pretty damn important game.
    Didn't say he wasn't terrible and I know that it was a huge game. Still, Game 2 was big, too. Losing home court and failing to maintain the momentum in this series was pretty big with a three-game swing in Boston on the horizon.

Pau was fantastic in that game. Let's not just dismiss his excellent games and over-emphasize his bad ones.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Didn't say he wasn't terrible and I know that it was a huge game. Still, Game 2 was big, too. Losing home court and failing to maintain the momentum in this series was pretty big with a three-game swing in Boston on the horizon.

Pau was fantastic in that game. Let's not just dismiss his excellent games and over-emphasize his bad ones.
    I love Pau more then any other big man but he has yet to prove to me that he is capable of stepping up in BIG games; game 2 was big every game in this series was big but tonights game far exceeds the importance of game two.