Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Default Haslem - "The guy makes a layup and acts like a 747"

FLYING CELEBRATION: After the Mavericks completed their comeback from a 15-point deficit to win Game 2, guard Jason Terry(notes) said they were motivated by how Miami exuberantly responded in front of the Dallas bench to a 3-pointer by Dwyane Wade(notes).

“This is coming from a guy, Jason Terry, who acts like a plane every time he makes a free throw,” Udonis Haslem(notes) said. “So come on, what’s excessive celebration? … The guys makes a layup and acts like a 747. Is that excessive? Nobody complains about that.”

Terry, whose nickname JET is based on his initials, will be on his home runway Sunday when the series moves to the American Airlines Center in Dallas for Game 3. The fourth and fifth games are there as well
    Heat coach Erik Spoelstra is more concerned about his team’s lack of execution those final 7 minutes than talk of any premature celebrations.

“Another storyline,” Spoelstra said Saturday. “We have enthusiastic guys, excitable players. I would certainly rather have that than a bunch of zombies.”
    Last edited by Theoo's Daddy; 06-04-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Default Re: Haslem- This is from a guy,who acts like a plane every time he makes a freethrow

As a Mavs fan, I do wish Terry would tone it down some times. But A) The media was making a bigger deal about the celebration than anyone else, and B) The Heat have brought this intense scrutiny of their ever move on themselves from the very beginning.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Haslem- This is from a guy,who acts like a plane every time he makes a freethrow

I hate Jason Terry. In a series where Lebron, Wade are playing, Terry somehow manages to be my least favorite player on the court.

Dude talks too much trash and hypocrit when other ppl do it
    Last edited by heyhey; 06-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Default Re: Haslem - "The guy makes a layup and acts like a 747"

Nice try but none of that compares to the cockiness of the Heat.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    Dude's a fake thug
    Wut?

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

something about Terry has always irked me. can't put my finger on it.
    oh, maybe because he's a douche.

I hate Jason Terry. In a series where Lebron, Wade are playing, Terry somehow manages to be my least favorite player on the court.

Dude's a fake thug and hypocrit
    Seriously what the **** are you talking about?

Dunking on everybody in the park The Next Jordan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adri41
    As a Mavs fan, I do wish Terry would tone it down some times. But A) The media was making a bigger deal about the celebration than anyone else, and B) The Heat have brought this intense scrutiny of their ever move on themselves from the very beginning.
    This. The media (and a few Mavs players that were on the bench at the time) were the only people who complained about it. Then Lebron/Wade/Heat fans acted as if that was the majority opinion. I feel the Heat are an arrogant bunch in general but I didn't really find anything wrong or excessive about their celebration.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Seriously what the **** are you talking about?
    I just mean he's always talking shit and it's obnoxious

I just mean he's always talking shit and it's obnoxious
    Because talking shit makes you a thug nowadays...

Banned

Good line by Haslem but there's a difference between Terry's jet move and preening right in front of the opponent's bench

Decent playground baller vitamink420's Avatar

I love how Jason Terry always looks like he needs a nap. Needs some No-Doz or something

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Terry is hard to tolerate even as a Mavs fan. He's played like shit the last 4 years in the playoffs until this year.

He still is wildly inconsistent and still can't get a ****ing rebound to save his life.

He is clutch though. If he wasn't on my team he'd probably be one of my least favorite players in the league.

Haslem is preaching.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Haslem is preaching.
    So what terry does it the same as what wade did right in front of the dallas bench?