Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: LeBron James vs Oscar Robertson All-Time

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    0 finals wins is where the comparison starts and ends.
    you are retarded. how does this have ONE thing to do with whos the better individual player?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMarkus
    you are retarded. how does this have ONE thing to do with whos the better individual player?
    It was a Joke.Obviously anyone with a brain can tell you Oscar should be ranked higher then Lebron all time.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Just what the hell is this about? I don't think I have EVER mentioned those three players in terms of rebounding. But, let's examine them anyway. Haywood did have one season, in the ABA, in which he averaged 19.5 rpg. BUT, that was the ABA...and NOT the NBA, where the QUALITY centers played at the time. His BEST season in the NBA was at 13.4 rpg, in 73-74, ...in a league tha averaged 48 rpg per team. Compare that with the 09-10 in which the average NBA team grabbed 42. He also had three other seasons over 12 rpg. Yes, he was "only" 6-8, but don't feed me that crap about height. Who was the best rebounder in the 90's...yes, 6-8 Rodman. Even in the 00's we had 6-7 Ben Wallace leading the league twice. Incidently, Haywood averaged 22.1 and 21.5 rpg in college (and led the nation in his last year BTW.) What does all of that tell you??? IMHO, Haywood would average about 10-11 rpg in TODAY's NBA.

Billy Cunningham? He had an NBA CAREER rebound average of 10.1 rpg. His BEST season was in the 69-70 season, in which he averaged 13.6 rpg...which was in a league that averaged about 49 (I won't take the time to remove the team rebounds, but it would have dropped them down from the 53 rpg that was recorded, to around that level.) Now, Cunningham was a pretty good athlete, and was called "the Kangaroo Kid." IMHO, Cunningham would average about 9-10 rpg in today's NBA.

McGinnis? He didn't join the NBA until the 75-76 season, and averaged 9.8 rpg in his seven year NBA career. There is not much you can say here...maybe an 8 rpg guy in today's NBA?

Now, if you want to argue what the GREAT rebounders of the 60's and 70's would do in TODAY's era...Russell, Thurmond, Lucas, and Wilt....using basic math, anywhere from 15-18 (or possibly more in Wilt's case.) And, ALL four of them, at their peaks, would lead TODAY's NBA.
    You're a sad story, my man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    You're a sad story, my man.
    Whats up with the ugly Kobe cartoon as your avatar?

I rule the local playground sosolid4u09's Avatar

wheres the idiot ginobli2311......

would love to see his stats and ''facts'' bout this particular topic

That accolades love is very interesting . I'd remember American fans/media , rank Dirk as 45-50 range before 2011 .

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He won't win an NBA title if he resign with the Cavs. Who's gonna coach the Cavs next season?

Bulls and Knicks are legendary franchises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I even ranked Allen Iverson over Oscar Robertson. AI led his team in the NBA Finals as the number 1 scoring option of his team.

Pretty much similar players.