Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Memo to Dwight Howard: Andre Drummond is coming for that #1 Center Spot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    wow, dunking on guys that are 5'11 and blocking their shots too. NEXT KAREEM+HAKEEM
    This

My god that guy is so gooooood!!!!!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Memo to Dwight Howard: Andre Drummond is coming for that #1 Center Spot

Did I just see them include him dribbling by some guys for a pullup that was clearly after a whistle in a highlight package?

Banned

Well I guess no one saw him cross over from the top of the key and finish with left handed dunk...

Life In Marvelous Time

Not one back to the basket move that entire video.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bang Theory
    Not one back to the basket move that entire video.
    He is a sophmore in high school with shooting touch and coordination. The type of athletism and touch has not been seen in a 7 footer in years. Not since the golden age of centers. This kid seems to have that potential as he is only just completed his sophmore year of high school(he may be a junior though, im kinda confused on that)

Andre Drummond Simply Dominated the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions

The Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions was once again loaded with talented travel teams that made their way to Tobacco Road from across the country. The overall talent level of the event was tremendous and featured a variety of great performances, especially in the Class of 2012, starting with PF/C Andre Drummond (Hartford, Conn./St. Thomas More) who was simply dominant, displaying his skill and power in the open court and low post.
    Andre Drummond
    2012, 6-foot-11, 275 pounds | Team: Connecticut Basketball Club
    His talent, size, strength and mobility make him an elite player. He runs the floor at high speeds, uses his excellent hands to catch tough passes and finishes above the rim with authority. Drummond also displayed the ability to rebound and go coast to coast. He is a great ball handler and passer for a player his size, especially in the open court. He can also make scoring plays off the dribble from the high post and short corner area, like a small forward. In the low post, Drummond uses his big body to get great position. He scores with a high, elevating turnaround shot or power drop step which allows him to dunk in traffic with ease. Drummond also rebounds with two hands at rim level on the defensive end and is tough to box out on the offensive glass. He can simply move opponents under the rim with his strength for an easy putback. He blocks shots in and out of his area and played with great energy throughout the game.
    Last edited by Younggrease; 06-25-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Was I the only one that thought, based off the threat title, that it was Memo Okur telling Dwight Howard about Andre Drummond?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    He is a sophmore in high school with shooting touch and coordination. The type of athletism and touch has not been seen in a 7 footer in years. Not since the golden age of centers. This kid seems to have that potential as he is only just completed his sophmore year of high school(he may be a junior though, im kinda confused on that)

Andre Drummond Simply Dominated the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions
    he's actually 6 ft 9" on several scouting websites...but thats besides the point...we should hesitate before comparing him to dwight howard...there are many athletic big men in the nba...also, i heard that isaiah austin is way more skilled than drummond

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Ummm...what kind of weak ass competition was that Youngrease? Those guys were absolutely shitty. Doesnt impress me. I want to see him playing against GOOD schools. Not some Div 5 highschool that barely has any show up to tryouts.
    to be fair, drummond is on the u17 national team...and you have to be fairly decent to be on that team...he's also ranked in the top 5 by all the scouting sites...so he's clearly a good player...but i do agree that the comparisons to dwight howard

I am your soldier!

I'm impressed. He's athletic, can shoot, has pretty good handles. Obviously needs a post game(wasn't shown at least), needs to keep the ball higher.

He could be nasty.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Well I guess no one saw him cross over from the top of the key and finish with left handed dunk...
    if you think Andre Drummond is the next dwight, why would you highlight his crossover...everyone knows dwight can't dribble consistently on a break

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chillfan23
    he's actually 6 ft 9" on several scouting websites...but thats besides the point...we should hesitate before comparing him to dwight howard...there are many athletic big men in the nba...also, i heard that isaiah austin is way more skilled than drummond
    He actually grew since than...he grew 2 inches during the season.

if you think Andre Drummond is the next dwight, why would you highlight his crossover...everyone knows dwight can't dribble consistently on a break
    never said he was the next Dwight...I said he could be better than Dwight. I hope he isnt like Dwight tbh, I hope he develops a post game...As of now he seems to have a lot more tough than Dwight had at that age
    Last edited by Younggrease; 06-25-2010 at 04:00 PM.

I never get excited about HS prospects. Kwame Brown dominated kids in HS too.

7-time NBA All-Star

I wouldn't jump the gun, guess who is teaching Dwight.

Now Dwight has already proven he's a beast avaring 21/14/3 in 2009 while leading Orlando to 59 wins and the finals(averaged 20/15/3 on 60% shooting in the playoffs). He dropped off a bit this year, but Orlando still won 59 games and made it to the ECF. He's proven himself as a legit franchise player and the individual accolades are piling up. 2-time DPOY, 3-time rebounding leader, 2-time blocks leader, FG% champion, holds the record for most blocks in a finals game.....

And he's still just 24 and as scary as it sounds, pretty raw. Not many big men have had his kind of athleticism. 39" vertical and incredible speed. If he can average 20+ or lead the league in FG% with just a running hook and a jump hook, imagine what he could do with a little improvement in his counter moves which Dream could certainly help him with.

Dwight's problem is that he can be predictable, but that was Ewing's problem at times as well, Olajuwon was the opposite and Dwight could learn a lot from him. But I have my doubts this kid will even be as good as Dwight's been the last 3 years. I hope he is because the league needs more good big men, but Dwight is a legit franchise player and the only other big man who has been drafted in the 2000s who we could say that about was Yao, but we all know what happened to him. And Yao also seemed more unusual than this guy.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

Was I the only one that thought, based off the threat title, that it was Memo Okur telling Dwight Howard about Andre Drummond?
    I'm guilty of that too.

Banned

Absolutel sick...this guy has AMAZING TALENT like no big man in years to come out...Look at the coordination, athletism and feel...it just keeps getting better...dude used to be a guard before the growth spurt..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNlN1m5D1d8

trust me invest the few minutes and watch the new great big man...

look at him in these videos no matter what measurement you want to look at, just watch the handle, the shooting, the athleticism and the feel.

People get excited over John Wall? then people should go crazy over this kid!!!
    Last edited by Younggrease; 07-10-2010 at 12:37 PM.