Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 280

Thread: Amare Stoudemire agrees to deal with Knicks

  1. #16
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,799

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Injury concerns? His only real injury concern is his eye because we've seen nothing to suggest that he didn't recover fully from the microfracture surgery. The difference between Stat and Curry is that Stat won't be getting signed based on potential, he doesn't have conditioning problems, he's a proven playoff performers and he's played for winning teams plus he's not only a superior offensive player to Curry, but believe it or not, a much better shot blocker and rebounder as well.
    lol you do realize if lebron went to the knicks he would be the team's best rebounder right?

  2. #17
    ISH og ReturnofJPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    az
    Posts
    2,755

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    His knee hasn't been a problem since 2006, the only season he's missed significant time since then was 2009 when he had the eye injury.
    I appreciate the information but it's just a matter of time until he needs another knee surgery. The latest operation can't last forever given his track record and unusually high number of surgeries.

  3. #18
    7-time NBA All-Star ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,683

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    lol you do realize if lebron went to the knicks he would be the team's best rebounder right?
    How the hell do you figure that? Amare isn't that bad of a rebounder. He's consistently been in the 9-10 rpg range almost every season and had playoff runs with 10-12 per game

  4. #19
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,799

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    How the hell do you figure that? Amare isn't that bad of a rebounder. He's consistently been in the 9-10 rpg range almost every season and had playoff runs with 10-12 per game
    Dude amare averaged 10 a game on a team where he literally had no one to share boards with. How can you not admit he's a lazy rebounder/defender.

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Johns Hopkins
    Posts
    2,609

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Though I would've prefered Bosh for his versatile skillset, I am still very happy with Amare.
    I agree with ShaqAttack on the whole injury aspect. Where exactly are you getting the assumptions that Amare is destined for another knee injury. He's been fully healthy apart from the eye injury which was more of a freak injury than anything and not an indiction of him being injury-prone.

  6. #21
    7-time NBA All-Star ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,683

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Dude amare averaged 10 a game on a team where he literally had no one to share boards with. How can you not admit he's a lazy rebounder/defender.
    Nobody to share boards with? Shawn Marion? Marion averaged 10.7 boards per game in his second season(2001) and then 9.9 in 2002 before Amare was even drafted, then he proceeded to consistently averaged in the 9-12 range until he was traded from Phoenix and averaged 11+ in the second half of the '08 season after the trade to Miami as well as about 8-9 per game with Toronto and Miami in 2009.

    Hell, Shaq averaged nearly 11 boards per game in the second half of the 2008 season when he was acquired from Phoenix and that didn't stop Amare from getting his usual 9 rpg.

  7. #22
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    12,669

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    I appreciate the information but it's just a matter of time until he needs another knee surgery. The latest operation can't last forever given his track record and unusually high number of surgeries.
    Kenyon Martin had microfracture surgery on both knees and had more bounce in his step than he's had since his NJ days

  8. #23
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,799

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Nobody to share boards with? Shawn Marion? Marion averaged 10.7 boards per game in his second season(2001) and then 9.9 in 2002 before Amare was even drafted, then he proceeded to consistently averaged in the 9-12 range until he was traded from Phoenix and averaged 11+ in the second half of the '08 season after the trade to Miami as well as about 8-9 per game with Toronto and Miami in 2009.

    Hell, Shaq averaged nearly 11 boards per game in the second half of the 2008 season when he was acquired from Phoenix and that didn't stop Amare from getting his usual 9 rpg.
    lol that's my point bro... he got outrebounded by marion, the team's small forward. What makes you think a prime lebron couldn't do the same?

  9. #24
    NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,458

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Nobody to share boards with? Shawn Marion? Marion averaged 10.7 boards per game in his second season(2001) and then 9.9 in 2002 before Amare was even drafted, then he proceeded to consistently averaged in the 9-12 range until he was traded from Phoenix and averaged 11+ in the second half of the '08 season after the trade to Miami as well as about 8-9 per game with Toronto and Miami in 2009.

    Hell, Shaq averaged nearly 11 boards per game in the second half of the 2008 season when he was acquired from Phoenix and that didn't stop Amare from getting his usual 9 rpg.
    amare is known by people that know the game to be a very poor defender and rebounder. he does not do what is necessary to win in the playoffs. hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player.

    you aren't winning anything if amare is your post presence or defensive presence. now....if you had lebron / amare / haywood and some defensive minded shooters you would have a legit title contender.

    but amare needs a big to board and protect the rim behind him. because he doesn't do that stuff and that stuff is necessary to win.

  10. #25
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,932

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    I love Amare, good signing by the Knicks. Will look forward to watching him play at the Garen.

  11. #26
    TrueDiesel3
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Dude amare averaged 10 a game on a team where he literally had no one to share boards with. How can you not admit he's a lazy rebounder/defender.
    I think he has the capability of playing defense when he wants to, but I agree with you that both his defense and rebounding is definitely lazy most of the time, especially his rebounding. It seems like even when Amare was trying his best to rebound, he is still nothing special at it, he just has terrible box-out skills.

  12. #27
    7-time NBA All-Star ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,683

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    lol that's my point bro... he got outrebounded by marion, the team's small forward. What makes you think a prime lebron couldn't do the same?
    Um, maybe because Marion has averaged in the 11-12 rpg and lebron has consistently been in the 7-8 rpg range with a high of 7.9 per game?

  13. #28
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,799

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Um, maybe because Marion has averaged in the 11-12 rpg and lebron has consistently been in the 7-8 rpg range with a high of 7.9 per game?
    lebron's been on teams with way better rebounders than marion has...

  14. #29
    7-time NBA All-Star ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,683

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    lebron's been on teams with way better rebounders than marion has...
    So that makes up for a 4 rpg differential in their best rebounding seasons?

  15. #30
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,799

    Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    So that makes up for a 4 rpg differential in their best rebounding seasons?
    and a 2.6 rpg on average; my answer is yes. When you play on teams without a true center and a below average rebounding PF your numbers typically get inflated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •