Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Default Re: poll: if Lebron goes to Miami, is his legacy somewhat tarnished?

Quote Originally Posted by Braincells
    And if Kobe ends up beating them, the haters will more or less file out of insidehoops and be on suicide watch.
    not at all. if the lakers were to beat that heat team in the finals it would be great for the game. it would show how important a true TEAM actually is and how important COACHING actually is. kobe would move up to the top 5 or 6 all time and Gasol would be close to cracking the top 25 or 30.

i have no problem with that happening. in fact, i prefer it....because then kobe would not be so over-rated....he would actually deserve the praise he currently gets.

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    im jsut talking about getting credit for titles. those first three were shaq's and kobe along for the ride, the last two kobe's.

lebron wins next year, he'll get credit, but not as the alpha dog - that's wade, the clutch one, the one who proved already he can win a title as the #1 player.
    yeah kobe put up 30-7-6 and was along for the ride ala rick fox gtfo

Banned

Default Re: Did LeBron James just make the Miami Heat "his" team?

It will be Wade's team.

Uh... No.

Miami is Wade's team until Dwyane retires.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    I don't really care much about what the media says. At the end of the day, level of play defines a players legacy. If you slouched and piggybacked to a ring, then it hurts your legacy. If you played hard and came up big when it mattered the most, then it doesn't matter. The media and ESPN pump LeBron up to be MJ or a top 10 great. You guys feed that shit and that's why we have threads like these(no disrespect). I'm content with him being LeBron James and creating his own legacy as one of the most gifted players of all time and being apart of the greatest trio of all time. That's a new legacy I look forward to discussing.

And no....years from now, people will talk about titles and dominance, not "LeBron needed Wade to win". Wade will have needed LeBron and Shaq. Bosh will have needed Wade and LeBron. What you are saying will happen, but it isn't right.

BINGO. someone with a brain has joined the thread.

It'll be a team. That happens to have lebron and Wade. Riley will run this shit, not lebron or wade.

Im just having fun with the Heat/Lebronfans Kobe haters who said that Kobe needed Shaq. it's the same shit they both will have differnt roles. I asume it will be Wades team.

btw wade is my other favorite player.(only have 2, u can guess the other 1)

im talking about the ones who watch basketball to watch their favorite player not the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    NO. its all about level of play. if kobe had played better in the finals throughout his career he could not get any of this "hate"

if lebron wins titles anywhere and plays well he is not going to get killed for needing wade. if lebron plays poorly and still wins (i call it pulling a kobe) then....and only then will people bring up his team.

its all about level of play.....just the way it should be.

do you honestly think people are going to criticize lebron if he wins a title and averages 25 points 9 boards and 7 assists in the finals on 50% from the field and wins finals mvp???????

hell no.
    you keep changing the topic. of course he won't get criticized winning a title. What the **** are you talking about? we are talking historical relevance and legacy. lebron knocked himself down the historical pantheon of players (his maximum level) with this decision. PERIOD. You keep giving long wordy explanations of why this is not the case, it is. He is one of three going for a title now instead of the person leading a team. Leaders get more credit.

Don't say HE COULDNT HAVE WON IN CLEVELAND, thats not the point. If you want to remove any possibility of being wrong by conditioning all your arguments then never mind. IF he wants to be top 3,4,5 ever he needed to lead HIS OWN team to multiple titles, not be on a team with Wade.

And if for some reason they lose to the Lakers next year (Heat/lakers i the most obnoxious sickening thing i can imagine) he will basically cement Kobe as an even greater star, a sickening sickening thing.

i think we both think lebron is better, you just are rationalizing that other people will say he is, i know they won't.

I rule the local playground

im jsut talking about getting credit for titles. those first three were shaq's and kobe along for the ride, the last two kobe's.

lebron wins next year, he'll get credit, but not as the alpha dog - that's wade, the clutch one, the one who proved already he can win a title as the #1 player.
    You mean like how Magic never got any credit playing with a top 10 player ALL TIME in Kareem?

nope. still wades team. that's why he isn;t going there

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peteballa
    Uh... No.

Miami is Wade's team until Dwyane retires.

Yeah Until Lebron Shows why he is the Best player in the World !

I rule the local playground

you keep changing the topic. of course he won't get criticized winning a title. What the **** are you talking about? we are talking historical relevance and legacy. lebron knocked himself down the historical pantheon of players (his maximum level) with this decision. PERIOD. You keep giving long wordy explanations of why this is not the case, it is. He is one of three going for a title now instead of the person leading a team. Leaders get more credit.

Don't say HE COULDNT HAVE WON IN CLEVELAND, thats not the point. If you want to remove any possibility of being wrong by conditioning all your arguments then never mind. IF he wants to be top 3,4,5 ever he needed to lead HIS OWN team to multiple titles, not be on a team with Wade.

And if for some reason they lose to the Lakers next year (Heat/lakers i the most obnoxious sickening thing i can imagine) he will basically cement Kobe as an even greater star, a sickening sickening thing.

i think we both think lebron is better, you just are rationalizing that other people will say he is, i know they won't.
    You mean like Kareem isn't considered top 3 by playing with Magic, or Magic isn't considered top 5 for playing with Kareem?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    You mean like how Magic never got any credit playing with a top 10 player ALL TIME in Kareem?
    you are so ****ing stupid. we are talking degrees of great, top 15 vs. top 5 vs. GOAT. not that lebron sucks.

anyone on this board knows im not on the kobe side of the lebron/kobe debate. but you aren't being fair. you are all expecting the media to treat lebron in a way it has not treated other players and in a way that they aren't treating him today already - and he has not yet even signed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    not at all. if the lakers were to beat that heat team in the finals it would be great for the game. it would show how important a true TEAM actually is and how important COACHING actually is. kobe would move up to the top 5 or 6 all time and Gasol would be close to cracking the top 25 or 30.

i have no problem with that happening. in fact, i prefer it....because then kobe would not be so over-rated....he would actually deserve the praise he currently gets.
    Somehow I doubt that given your reaction to Kobe winning his 5th. I have a strong feeling that Kobe winning 6 will put you in a mental institution. Believe me, hating a player that much is more or less unhealthy.

And Gasol cracking top 25? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    You mean like Kareem isn't considered top 3 by playing with Magic, or Magic isn't considered top 5 for playing with Kareem?
    Neither Magic nor Kareem were perennial losers in the playoffs who went to join their rivals on their rivals team. their rival who already won a title. You see no difference?