Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

Default Re: poll: if Lebron goes to Miami, is his legacy somewhat tarnished?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaBBallFan
    Is it even confirm he is joining the Heat? Besides, all of this is stupid...let these guys make their own decisions. What does it matter to you?

He's staying a Cav, I just find it super funny that all the haters who said Kobe couldnt win without Shaq are now contradicting themselves. And it matters the world to me, I can't sleep thinking about it, I loose my apettite, I think about it more then sex LMAO!

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    Winning: Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron
    True. Kobe has had the luxury of being on good teams ever since he came into the league, rather than have to propel the team himself like LBJ. More wins for Kobe. Which is why LBJ's leaving, since unlike Kobe, he isn't getting help handed to him year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    They will forget that Kobe ever was in the same situation and call Lebron all sorts of silly names to try to discredit him. The usual.

Either that or they will pull their mega trump card...the "Shaq rode Kobe's coat tails" trump card
    don't be stupid. kobe was never in this situation. he was a laker from day 1 after he was traded from charlotte and has been a laker his whole career. he never had the opportunity to join two of the best players in the league to make a super-team. when he was on the team with shaq he wasn't even a star his first couple of years, i honestly don't see how you can even make a comparison. i don't even understand how one comes to mention kobe in this thread. i'm far from the biggest kobe fan but but you're worsening an already bad thread with immature hatred of #24

and to answer the question, i don't really think his legacy is tarnished. it really depends on what he does in miami. of course, people will have to also take into consideration that he's playing with two of the best players in the league, so who knows? if i were lebron, i'd go to NY

I usually hit open layups junkifunki's Avatar

Default Re: Any team that helps miami by taking on beasly needs to have their GM fired

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Even if they move Beasley, they still can't field a complete team with LeBron.

Who are you trying to kid? It could be you and your grandma starting next to the big 3 in Miami and they still win 50+ games and make a strong playoff run.

They can't field a competitive team??.. same thing they said when KG and Ray joined Pierce. "How are they gonna afford the other pieces?" they said...

Don't be so mad and bitter, Cavs fan. Clevelanders should be used to being disappointed by now..

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

He tarnishes it somewhat for leaving the hometown fans. Who is the #1 or #2 or sidekick doesn't matter at all. What a foolish argument. What tarnishes his legacy would be having Cleveland fans hate him forever.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    True. Kobe has had the luxury of being on good teams ever since he came into the league, rather than have to propel the team himself like LBJ. More wins for Kobe. Which is why LBJ's leaving, since unlike Kobe, he isn't getting help handed to him year after year.
    Unlike LeBron, Kobe has always been focused on winning, not being a diva and (part time dancer). He's like a spoiled brat expecting everything to be given to him instead of working his a.ss off to earn it

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: Any team that helps miami by taking on beasly needs to have their GM fired

I don't get why it's taken this long to move Beasley. Why not send back an expiring contract and take the guy on for the year? If he improves? Great, you got him for nothing. If he doesn't? Just exercise the team option and cut him after next year.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    don't be stupid. kobe was never in this situation. he was a laker from day 1 after he was traded from charlotte and has been a laker his whole career. he never had the opportunity to join two of the best players in the league to make a super-team. when he was on the team with shaq he wasn't even a star his first couple of years, i honestly don't see how you can even make a comparison. i don't even understand how one comes to mention kobe in this thread. i'm far from the biggest kobe fan but but you're worsening an already bad thread with immature hatred of #24

and to answer the question, i don't really think his legacy is tarnished. it really depends on what he does in miami. of course, people will have to also take into consideration that he's playing with two of the best players in the league, so who knows? if i were lebron, i'd go to NY
    If you haven't noticed, there's an inferiority complex that kicks in when talking about LeBron (much like shrinkage). Taking irrational and cheap shots at Kobe is the only defense mechanism for coping with the obvious frustration. But it only conceals the deeply wounded ego for so long, so there's an incessant need to continue to perpetuate misguided logic which induces a semi-permanent effect of escaping reality.

shhhhhhh

i don't think the legacy questioned can be answered... yet

i think the biggest legacy hit would/will not be about winning and losing but leaving cleveland after saying he wouldn't leave until they had a title just this past season... that will have more of an impact on his legacy then who scores more in miami.. the good thing is it would be forgotten by nearly everyone the first time a larry o'brain trophy gets raised

if they win they win and if he's a major contributor to a tile that's all the game is about, stats and such don't mean a thing when it comes to a players legacy... how he conducts himself on the court and wins are all that get remembered

Banned

It's not like the Cavs didn't get players like Shaq and Jamison for nothing....

Oh wait.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    Unlike LeBron, Kobe has always been focused on winning, not being a diva and (part time dancer). He's like a spoiled brat expecting everything to be given to him instead of working his a.ss off to earn it
    you can't post false information like that.

kobe cared more about increasing his role on the lakers in 03 and 04 much more than he did about winning. stop revising history. kobe created a toxic environment in LA that drove shaq and phil away. kobe then spent the next three years getting his ass handed to him as he scored a lot and shot a lot but didn't even win a playoff series with odom/butler or up 3-1 against the suns.

then he came out crying to espn throwing his franchise and teammates under the bus. making fun of andrew bynum. begging for a trade. begging for the lakers to trade bynum for jason kidd....lucky for him the lakers told him to shut the **** up and calm down.

kobe didn't have to work for shit. he came into the league his first year and was surrounded by the best talent in the league and the best player immediately.

seriously......you are an idiot. enjoy the boards people....i'm out. i just can't take the kobe fans. they literally ruin every discussion. peace out kobe stans.

That's why Cavs FO built a tittle contender/60+ win team for two years and yet he choked. So now he's running to a real winner in Wade to get bailed out

Default If LeBron signs with Miami, would the Heat be the most hated team in the NBA?

Maybe the most hated team of all time?

I'm actually a big fan of both Wade and Bosh (not LBJ so much), but I would root for Miami to lose every game they play. Something about 3 of the top 10 guys in the NBA teaming up to try and insure wins just doesn't sit right with me.

So what do you think? Would you cheer for the Heat? Or root for them to lose?

Banned

Default Re: If LeBron signs with Miami, would the Heat will be the most hated team in the NBA?

no.

Very good NBA starter

If LeBron goes to MIA, I don't think his legacy is tarnished at all. I mean, he would clearly be the best player on that team,which means rings as "the man".Naturally, you'll have idiots complaining about how "he couldn't win without two of the top 10 players in the game", but who cares? Jordan had Grant/Pippen/Rodman/Kucok/Kerr,Bird had McHale/DJ/Parrish/Ainge, Magic had Kareem/Worthy/Cooper/Scott. You ain't winning shit without a bunch of help. Get it through your heads.