Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: poll: if Lebron goes to Miami, is his legacy somewhat tarnished?

Put this quote down and look back at it 20 years from now. If Lebron joins Wade and Bosh in Miami, his time spent in Cleveland the last 7 years will be deemed as a failure and his legacy will be forever tarnished if he has to join 2 other superstars in their primes to win a ring, a total copout. Everyone will be bringing this up as the argument questioning/diminishing Lebron's legacy.

Should Lebron win a ring with Wade and Bosh, everyone will be calling it a trio, not a duo, 3, not 2, because it would take 2 other guys in their primes to do what past greats have done with just one, or none, of.

Not to mention that even if Lebron gets better stats than Wade in the finals, Wade will still be named finals MVP due to loyalty just like how Pierce got finals MVP when Ray Allen had better stats than him in the 2008 finals. Lebron would not be viewed as "the man" of this team.

Those titles to James legacy, holds significantly less weight than any title ever won in the NBA by any great player because no team in the NBA ever needed 3 prime superstar players to win. It would be in his best interest, legacy wise, to go to the Bulls or Knicks to team up with Amare or Boozer to be the man and earn those rings while showing us that he can do it with just one other superstar.

Good college starter

Default Re: If LeBron signs with Miami, would the Heat be the most hated team in the NBA?

if they're successful yeah. if they're very succesful everyone will love to root for the other team.
    but i have nothing against them teaming up nothing guarantees a title in the NBA

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    i don't think the legacy questioned can be answered... yet

i think the biggest legacy hit would/will not be about winning and losing but leaving cleveland after saying he wouldn't leave until they had a title just this past season... that will have more of an impact on his legacy then who scores more in miami.. the good thing is it would be forgotten by nearly everyone the first time a larry o'brain trophy gets raised

if they win they win and if he's a major contributor to a tile that's all the game is about, stats and such don't mean a thing when it comes to a players legacy... how he conducts himself on the court and wins are all that get remembered
    I would disagree.
    The pundits are already chiming-in...saying that its Wade team, esp since Wade won it as the man, something Lebron has failed to do.
    Sure, Lebron will go down as a great great player, but if the pundits are already chiming-in... it already impacts his legacy.

Default Re: If LeBron signs with Miami, would the Heat be the most hated team in the NBA?

Arguably.

yes, NY, Toronto, Cleveland, Chicago, NJ already hate them.......there will be backlash....except for the very casual fan, who will probably enjoy them

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Lebron joining Miami would speak volumes of his NONEXISTENT competitive edge

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    It's an easy way out

Personal feelings aside, I can't imagine Barkley teaming up with Malone, Drexler joining the Bulls to play with Jordan, or even Isiah playing alongside Magic if these opportunities were readily available on a silver platter.

Even though these guys were perhaps cool with each other off the court, they were true competitors who loved the chance to compete AGAINST each other almost as much as winning. In fact, it made winning that much grander. Of course these players knew full well that some of them can band together in their primes to create a superteam an most likely win some titles in easier fashion but didnt. I would have taken away from their competitive spirit.
    Agreed 100%. Even though Jordan had a hard time against Bird and the Celtics or the bad boy Pistons, he never joined them. He just came back better next season and worked even harder.

If Lebron joins Wade and Bosh in Miami, he will be forever labeled as a quitter who had to join 2 other superstars in his prime to win the ship because he couldn't do it with just one.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

most bandwagoned team maybe

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

They won't top the Lakers and Celtics for most hated.

Default Re: Lebron joining Miami would speak volumes of his NONEXISTENT competitive edge

Let's see which big names, analysts, former players will be bold enough to call out Lebron on this.

Can't wait.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    If LeBron goes to MIA, I don't think his legacy is tarnished at all. I mean, he would clearly be the best player on that team,which means rings as "the man".
    nothing "clear" about it.
    It's not clear he is better than Wade. Plus, Wade won a championship as THE MAN, without Lebron, without Bosh.... but Lebron has not won anything.

The pundits are already talking about this, thus it already impacts his legacy.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

It will always be the Lakers.

NBA rookie of the year

I think Barkley would've ok-ed a trade to Chicago if one ever was presented.

It's not like LeBron is going to the Lakers here. He's going to a team that was a low seed last year, and Wade hasn't won anything in 4 years and Bosh has never won anything period.

I think so. Someone so good chasing a ring so early in his career is almost unheard of. Ruining his legacy makes no sense to me and the thought of a dynasty put together almost solely on free agency makes me wanna throw up.

The reason that nobody has done this up to this point is because no team ever had the salary cap room to do so. If they did, I'm sure they'd try to do the same thing as Miami, and the players would realize how revolutionary their actions would be.

This potential decision isn't necessarily better or worse than what was previously done in the NBA. It's just different.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Barkley forced a trade to be with Hakeem/Drexler in Utah. Trouble is they never made it out of the West