Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    The man deserves it. He gave up 12 years to the organization and all of his prime he deserves to be in a position to get a ring. We always know he's a cav for life
    Wait... what?

1998 CLE 5 games played
    1999 CLE 0 games played
    2000 CLE 24 games played
    2001 CLE 62 games played

So who gave what to whom? Cavs stayed with Z throughout all of these injury -plauged years. No sour grapes here, but come on

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Man you really need to recognize that even with a washed up Jermaine Oneal, he still gave the Heat really good defense. He is still a shot-blocker and he can still clog up the lane. Haslem, also is an awesome defender and helped out with the interior defense. I don't know much about Joel Anthony, so I won't comment there. My point is that with Jermaine alone, your defense improves a lot. If you put Haslem in the middle instead with just Bosh, your defensive rating will go down. It's a lot easier to attack the paint when you don't have size down there.

The perimeter defense will be decent, but even with great defenders, it is tough to stop players from going to the rack due to handchecking rules. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand either. Unless they get a decent center, like Dampier, that can play with Bosh, your interior defense is going to suffer. Quote me on that. I'll gladly eat my words come next year if I was wrong.
    Joel Anthony at this stage is a better shot blocker than JO. However, Joel is offensively handicapped. No hands, can't finish or create his own shot. Defense is pretty good, though. Alters and contest shots. Sometime, he's too aggresive and overplays but he gets more lift than JO did the last season. Post-defense is solid but it won't be much of a problem since there's a lack of exceptional post players in the league. Rebounding is about the same level as JO. JO could take charges, though.

Honestly, you guys are underrating Miami's defense. Pat Riley is a great defensive coach and coached some of the top defenses of the 90s (Knicks, Heat). Granted, he had better defensive personnel back then but point being he knows what it takes to coach a good defense. Wade and LeBron are two of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the league. And they'll be able to exert more pressure on defense since they won't have a huge offensive load to carry. Bosh is also going to look like a better defender in this system. It won't be as big of a problem as it's made out to be.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    no player deserves a ring. not even lebron. you earn a ring.

ring chasers = gay
    This!!

Somehow I envision the biggest fail in NBA history. All this manuevering and celebratin'...Lebron's tap-dancin' azz ("Twoo, Three...Sixxx, Seven, Eight Championships!! Yeahhh!") and D-Wade beyotch snickering...just like he did when he got Shaq. What a fake-azz. Don't you see a pattern here???

They'll be shuckin' and jivin'...puttin' on a full blown concert, pre-game. Then, as usual, next May they'll be strippin' off those headbands, stumblin' and slinking off the court, sad faces and no smiles, before the game's over.

Can't wait...enjoy your celebration now Miami...party hard! Lookin' good..........today!!!

I am happy for him as its been a long road, he def deserves to have his number retired with us. Unfortunatley, I just know all the LeBron/Cavs band wagoners are going to boo the hell out of him. I'm all for booing LBJ but leave Z alone, he just wants a ring. Also, no doubt LeBron is responsible for this.

God I cant wait for the season to start

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    The perimeter defense will be decent, but even with great defenders, it is tough to stop players from going to the rack due to handchecking rules. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand either. Unless they get a decent center, like Dampier, that can play with Bosh, your interior defense is going to suffer. Quote me on that. I'll gladly eat my words come next year if I was wrong.

Miami was tops in all those major cateroigies in the 2008 season before even trading for Jermaine O'neal.

And that was when Miami started 6'9 Joel Anthony(along with Shawn Marion, and and Udonis Haslem).

C'mon now.

Miami is ALWAYS going to be a good defensive team.

Again. Remember who runs this organization. Pat Riley.

Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23

Honestly, you guys are underrating Miami's defense. Pat Riley is a great defensive coach and coached some of the top defenses of the 90s (Knicks, Heat). Granted, he had better defensive personnel back then but point being he knows what it takes to coach a good defense. Wade and LeBron are two of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the league. And they'll be able to exert more pressure on defense since they won't have a huge offensive load to carry. Bosh is also going to look like a better defender in this system. It won't be as big of a problem as it's made out to be.

Dudes are just grasping for straws at this point. This team is HATED by eveyone outside of South Florida.
    Last edited by BFRESH44; 07-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Banned

all they needed was at least one PT freak for matchups when they are getting abused by height. Z works fine, and he's got a nice touch. all they need now is a PG, probably a good shooter and defender. doesn't need to be able to run the point that well imo. jason williams wouldn't be that bad if he's still around.
    Last edited by Poodle; 07-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I can't blame Z for this move. He is a free agent and he has spent 14 years here. He is a class guy and I will always welcome him back to Cleveland.

It is just too bad that I'm going to have to root against him, now. I do wish that he would have signed somewhere... anywhere else. But, it is what it is. Can't fault the guy for wanting to compete for a title.

I've heard James is in full-on recruit mode. This only confirms it. Must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    Dudes are just grasping for straws at this point. This team is HATED by eveyone outside of South Florida.
    Not everyone hates them. I really don't hate them at all. The only part I have hated about all of this is the way Lebron handled himself, other than that I really don't care that they got together to dominate the league.

I think Riley's job is just to find the nicest guys around the league so it would be impossible to root against them.

Genus against Riley, bravissimo.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23
    The 80's Lakers weren't too shabby either.

Banned

I want Raja Bell on this team. ASAP.

Banned

how did this slow, lanky ugly looking loser land an offer from miami?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease thejusman1's Avatar

If I were Dan Gilbert, I'd rather sign a dead corpse than allow Big Z back onto the squad after this.

LeDiva is a cancer to the Cavs, he metastasize to other part of the team. Bad queen destroying the Cavs.