Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller Extempo's Avatar

Default It's official: Leo Dicaprio is the greatest actor of his generation.

Inception, The Aviator, Shutter Island, The Departed, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond, The Basketball Diaries, Catch me if you can, Revolutionary Road, Titanic. Can you name another actor in the last 20 years who has delived such a range of amazing performances. No one comes close. Give the man an Oscar this year. He's been robbed twice already.

Leo Dicaprio=

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Default Re: It's official: Leo Dicaprio is the greatest actor of his generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Extempo
    Inception, The Aviator, Shutter Island, The Departed, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond, The Basketball Diaries, Catch me if you can, Revolutionary Road, Titanic. Can you name another actor in the last 20 years who has delived such a range of amazing performances. No one comes close. Give the man an Oscar this year. He's been robbed twice already.

Leo Dicaprio=

He's been robbed twice by who? Give me the name and what movie?

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: It's official: Leo Dicaprio is the greatest actor of his generation.

i always thought he was going to be typecased as a pretty boy in the 90s. its good to see him breakout the way he has.

Banned

Leo's best work was in 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?'. He is not the best actor of his generation, but that's not to say he isn't solid. He's grown on me since I thought he would be just another one-dimensional skinny pretty boy after Titanic, but watch Gangs of New York again and tell me if he was even the best actor in that movie and then we'll talk about the generational debate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    He's been robbed twice by who? Give me the name and what movie?
    Deserved Best Supporting Actor 1993 for What's Eating Gilbert Grape
    Deserved Best Actor 2004 for The Aviator

This year, they have no excuse. He had not one but two Oscar-worthy performances. Shutter Island and Inception. I know they don't like awarding popular actors but give this man the credit he deserves.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Don't forget, he was in Critters 3

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon101
    Deserved Best Supporting Actor 1993 for What's Eating Gilbert Grape
    Deserved Best Actor 2004 for The Aviator

This year, they have no excuse. He had not one but two Oscar-worthy performances. Shutter Island and Inception. I know they don't like awarding popular actors but give this man the credit he deserves.

That's what not OP said. I am waiting for his answer and not u . And why do you have 8 posts?

and I said who Leo got robbed by who? maybe they did deserve than he did

I like Brad Pitt more.

Se7en, Twelve Monkeys, Meet Joe Black, Fight Club, Snatch, Troy, Babel, Benjamin Button, Inglorious Basterds.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Leo's best work was in 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?'. He is not the best actor of his generation, but that's not to say he isn't solid. He's grown on me since I thought he would be just another one-dimensional skinny pretty boy after Titanic, but watch Gangs of New York again and tell me if he was even the best actor in that movie and then we'll talk about the generational debate.
    Agreed. DDL is a beast, too bad he doesn't do much movies.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

And he was in Growing Pains. What a pimp.

The Truth

i'd polish his knob, no homo

Book 'em Dan'l

I still remember Leo's Growing pains days, and being with kirk cameron.

who would have thought 20 years ago he would be at this stardom status?

i like Leo's movies, but i am more of a phillip seymour hoffman fan.

Before the Devil Knows you're dead
    The Savages
    Doubt
    Synecdoche, NY
    Capote
    Along Came Polly (yes i like this movie, but because of him. his obnoxious behavior carried the film)
    Punch-Drunk Love
    Magnolia

...... and the list goes on. His movies in the past 10 years have been gold. Should have gotten an oscar for 'Doubt', but no way am i going to take away that Oscar from Heath Ledger for 'Dark Knight'.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
    I still remember Leo's Growing pains days, and being with kirk cameron.
    yeah kirk went in a completely different direction. and not in a good way.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

threads like this is why I believe he is one of the most overrated actors of his generation.

I think he's solid to good for the most part, and he happens to be in great movies. But as an actor he isn't the best, not close.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    threads like this is why I believe he is one of the most overrated actors of his generation.

I think he's solid to good for the most part, and he happens to be in great movies. But as an actor he isn't the best, not close.
    He puts out amazing performance after amazing performance but never wins shit.

Blood Diamond, Catch me if you can, The Departed, The Aviator, (Inception), Shutter Island, Gangs of NY, Revolutionary Road, Gilbert Grapes.

The guy is 34 and has put out great performances in more good movies than any A list actor of our generation.