Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: It's official: Leo Dicaprio is the greatest actor of his generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet On Gold
    In every single one of those movies, I say he wasn't even the best actor:

Rounders - Ed Norton
    GWH - I guess I'll give it to him there, since he was primarily in every scene.
    The Departed - DiCaprio stole the show, IMO, even outdoing Jack.
    Oceans 11: Cheadle, end of story.
    Talented Mr. Ripley - Seymour or Jude were better
    SPR - Tom Hanks was better

I really don't like this guy, he is like Tom Cruise to me; starred in many great movies but his acting to me is so one dimensional.
    everyone in the film outdid jack in the departed because jack was terrible in the departed.

Default Re: It's official: Leo Dicaprio is the greatest actor of his generation.

Quote Originally Posted by HAzE024
    I think many people are making a huge mistake when talking about Leo's range. Just because Leo LOOKS the same in most of his movies, he plays different very different PEOPLE. Look at his character in The Beach (my fav movie by the way) compared to his character in Shutter Island or Inception or the Departed. Very different personalities. The ironic part is his main rival in this thread, Johnny Depp, essentially plays the same zany character type in many of his movies but because he LOOKS so different, because of pounds of makeup/hair product or CGI everyone claims "he has sooo much range". LOL seriously people, film is visual medium but acting is about portrayal.
    no. you are just thinking of his last few recent ones. you do realize he made movies before pirates of the caribbean right?

what about The Libertine? Once upon a time in mexico? Blow? Fear and loathing in las vegas? donnie brasco? ed wood? gilbert grape? benny and joon? chocolat? from hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    It's all good; that list was from the above link I posted.

How would you have ranked the top 20?
    Why is Kate Winslet not on this list? Or Gary Oldman

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    all i know is i just traded away almost all of my dvds today, save for about 10. the only one i kept from 2000-2010 was there will be blood

Traded them for what?! Blasphemy!! I'm in need of further expendable income as well but never the film collection!!

can't believe it's been 10 years since Inception

where you at Leo, c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    can't believe it's been 10 years since Inception

where you at Leo, c'mon
    Wolf of Wall Street (2013) and Revenant (2015) were great movies..

Nothing since though. Guy is too busy banging supermodel after supermodel nowadays to bother with movies.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Hes starring in the new Tarantino movie with Brad Pitt this summer.

Banned

i gotta go with gary oldman or daniel day lewis

leos mostly played himself amplified which is cool in a jack nicholson sorta way but true acting talent is being unrecognizable for most movies

but thats just my vote.. tom hanks is the goat by majority opinion currently on ranker
    Last edited by kennethgriffen; 01-25-2019 at 05:34 AM.

There hasn't been that many decent movies anymore though..
    it's only superheroes or remakes of trash these days/ netflix crap.. I don't see Leo wanting a bar of that shit, stick to supermodels and enjoying life..