Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: It's official: Leo Dicaprio is the greatest actor of his generation.

Leo has a jockstrap? The studio doesnt provide extra hands for that?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: It's official: Leo Dicaprio is the greatest actor of his generation.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Depp can't hold Leo's jockstrap. If you're looking for overrated, Depp is it, not Leo.
    Leo's put great performances out though only now lately has he been picking up on the increase in attention and constant appraisal from critics. Before it was "he was great", though they seemed to forget about him and you'd never see him mentioned with great actors. Now he is, and he deserves it.

Banned

Depp can't hold Leo's jockstrap. If you're looking for overrated, Depp is it, not Leo.
    Leo's put great performances out though only now lately has he been picking up on the increase in attention and constant appraisal from critics. Before it was "he was great", though they seemed to forget about him and you'd never see him mentioned with great actors. Now he is, and he deserves it.

Apparently someone wasn't listening when Whitney dun' told ya that crack is wack

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    happiness
    the big lebowski
    25th hour
    boogie nights
    scent of a woman ( )
    Almost Famous
    The Talent Mr. Ripley

PSH DDL Gary Oldman >> Leo (and I'm a DiCaprio fan myself)

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Leo is far more versatile than Depp... that's truth.

For every great role Depp has, Leo has one too. I used to think the other way around as well, though Depp became stale a long time ago. All he does now is try to pick the most obscure roles possible and run with adding previous character traits from his other movies into his newest role.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Leo is far more versatile than Depp... that's truth.

For every great role Depp has, Leo has one too. I used to think the other way around as well, though Depp became stale a long time ago. All he does now is try to pick the most obscure roles possible and run with adding previous character traits from his other movies into his newest role.
    Uh... no.

Christian Bale

dude, wtf are you talking about, depp has more versatility of roles and greater range than leo, come on. i have less of a problem if you just felt leo was a better actor but what you are saying is just beyond bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Christian Bale

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I agree that Depp has more range than Leo, but Depp's versatility is greatly overrated.

Banned

All he does now is try to pick the most obscure roles possible and run with adding previous character traits from his other movies into his newest role.

I will agree that the one compromising thing to Depp's legacy is that he worked with Tim Burton too much. Even though I give props to Depp as an actor, in real life he's a total f[COLOR="Black"]ag[/COLOR]got. Many people dont know but he's actually a wrist-cutting, america-hating goth/emo dweeb. He acts like a pouty, angst-ridden teenager. Dude is a straight up ho to the mo. Hence his strong affinity to do Tim Burton's wack movies.

But get real. Leo DiCaprio's best role wouldnt even crack Depp's top 5.
    Last edited by Tito Beasley; 07-19-2010 at 02:19 AM.

My favorite Johnny Depp performances:

George Jung - Blow
    James M. Barrie - Finding Neverland
    Edward Scissorhands
    Gilbert Grape

Glen- Nightmare on Elm Street

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Beasley
    I will agree that the one compromising thing to Depp's legacy is that he worked with Tim Burton too much. Even though I give props to Depp as an actor, in real life he's a total ******. Many people dont know but he's actually a wrist-cutting, america-hating emo. Dude is a straight up 'mo.

But get real. Leo DiCaprio's best role wouldnt even crack Depp's top 5.
    His Willy Wonka sucked. Wilder >>>>>>>>>

Jim Carroll, Danny Archer, Billy Costigan, the Grape kid, Tobias Wolff (This Boy's Life) are all GREAT performances, many done as a young teenager. Face is, Leo is a talent that wasn't even classically trained. He's a natural too

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    dude, wtf are you talking about, depp has more versatility of roles and greater range than leo, come on. i have less of a problem if you just felt leo was a better actor but what you are saying is just beyond bias.
    Show me the versatility in Depp's acting that branches out further than Leo's.

Sweeney Todd and Captain Jack Sparrow were essentially the same character. As well as the character played in Dr Parnassus. He had the same traits and expressive elements/emotions for each of them.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Christian Bale is one of the WORST big name actors. At least in my opinion...
    Go watch his movies that wasn't big budget. Bale isn't overrated