Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Madden 2011 - who else got the fever?

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    does anyone else hate the new kicking system?
    it was weird at first but good after a couple... i just played an hour during my lunch break lol i work 8 am to 5 pm mon-fri but my house is a block away so i guess ill be putting in a game everyday at lunch.

i drafted a franchise team for offline

QB Cutler, WR Marshall, Crabtree, Mike Wallace... RBs Ronnie Brown/Jahvid best

first game i won 35-24...
    Cutler 200 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    Marshall 8 rec 138 yds 1 TD
    Ronnie Brown 20 carries 83 yards 2 TD
    Jahvid Best 19 carries 136 yards 2 TD...

I actually love the gameplay, even better than last year... looking forward to playing online soon maybe after i get off work

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

I hate the new kicking system.. I'm also having all kind of issues on all madden level.. I was playing Titans and Chris Johnson is like impossible to stop..

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    it was weird at first but good after a couple... i just played an hour during my lunch break lol i work 8 am to 5 pm mon-fri but my house is a block away so i guess ill be putting in a game everyday at lunch.

i drafted a franchise team for offline

QB Cutler, WR Marshall, Crabtree, Mike Wallace... RBs Ronnie Brown/Jahvid best

first game i won 35-24...
    Cutler 200 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    Marshall 8 rec 138 yds 1 TD
    Ronnie Brown 20 carries 83 yards 2 TD
    Jahvid Best 19 carries 136 yards 2 TD...

I actually love the gameplay, even better than last year... looking forward to playing online soon maybe after i get off work
    How is franchise in terms of player progression, player signings, draft picks etc. I always hated how the cap was so lax in Madden and I can sign everyone. The player progression for last year was messed up b/c only younger players grew and players who had great years at i.e. 28 years old wouldn't grow. And finally, the draft picks were rated too high. I find too many starters 80+ in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    How is franchise in terms of player progression, player signings, draft picks etc. I always hated how the cap was so lax in Madden and I can sign everyone. The player progression for last year was messed up b/c only younger players grew and players who had great years at i.e. 28 years old wouldn't grow. And finally, the draft picks were rated too high. I find too many starters 80+ in the later rounds.
    I'm like 3 games in so I don't know now

I played my first online game last night

lost 32-42 to a good Raiders guy. I was Lions, Jahvid Best 24 carries for 234 yards 2 TDs... losing effort though I couldn't stop Jason Campbell he was like prime Donovan McNabb on me slingin' it everywhere running around.

Learning to shoot layups

Loving Gus Johnson as a commentator.

"hes running, HE is running!! da da da da dadadada.. TOUCHDOWN!"

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

yeah Gus and Collinsworth is good

Just won 2 in a row... im 2-1 now online... won with redskins 21-14 in a ugly game LJ had 18 carries for 71 yards 0 TD, McNabb 240 yards 2 TD 1 INT...

then won with KC 28-14 big game from Cassel 23/25 passing for 303 yards and 3 TD 0 INT...

Dwayne Bowe was huge with 145 yards receiving and 2 TDs.

Jamaal Charles was useful with 17 carries for 92 yards and a score.

Future D1 Dad

i overheard some guys at work saying it hasn't changed since last year's game and that they were pretty disappointed in it.

Ye I've been reading alot of bad things as well.

I'm still waiting for my copy to come in through the mail.......

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    you order from Wal-Mart.com? I heard they were giving out 20 dollar gift cards for free with purchase online.

I actually ordered from Amazon, they also had a $20 video game gift card included with purchase. Gonna use it on my pre-order of 2k11 probably.

So far I have mixed feelings about the game. The game feels almost identical to Madden 10 to me. Whether this is a good or bad thing I dont know, I love Madden 10, but I was hoping for something new. The gameflow system is mediocre at best, and I dont use it for the majority of my gaming (exhibition games vs roomate or friends). I tried to play a game online but it feels really laggy. The most fun I have had so far is managing my 49ers franchise.

Its aight. Been playing Madden Ultimate team and Superstar mainly. Took me a few kicks to get used to the kicking change, but other then that seems to be the same.

a few of my friends got it. and it's all mixed reviews so far. One guy thinks it's the greatest football game since 2k5. Another thinks that it's okay. But not really different than last year's. Someone else says it's pretty good graphics wise, but the new addition of "gameflow" really isn't all that good and it plays like Madden10. two other guys have taken it back already, but one is regretting it somewhat.

So basically what I'm asking is...should I just pick up madden 10 and save myself the hassle(I'm using madden 09 and just updated the rosters last year). Or what? I was thinking I might just rent it for a few days and see what all this is about. I thought the demo kind of sucked, I hated gameflow, but maybe that's because it's a demo?

Learning to shoot layups SayQueensbridge's Avatar

Hey I started a league last year and it was alright until the guys who had losing records dropped out. (lost pw for old ish account) I'll probably start another franchise with some friends so if anyone wants to join in it's good. I have a couple ideas for the league that will make it more interesting. I'm sure I'm still on some of your friend lists. I'll post info tomorrow prob.

Release date is today in Europe, and my copy arrived woohoo! Put in a bit of time on Superstar mode. Made a HB and got drafted by the Broncos, did about 6 games of that and did pretty well before I tried an online game, and got absolutely destroyed.

My only excuse is that I'm still pretty clueless about NFL and I'm still learning haha. About to start franchise mode, with the Raiders.

It's pretty addictive, even though I don't understand everything. You can tell I'm a first time Madden player!

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Release date is today in Europe, and my copy arrived woohoo! Put in a bit of time on Superstar mode. Made a HB and got drafted by the Broncos, did about 6 games of that and did pretty well before I tried an online game, and got absolutely destroyed.

My only excuse is that I'm still pretty clueless about NFL and I'm still learning haha. About to start franchise mode, with the Raiders.

It's pretty addictive, even though I don't understand everything. You can tell I'm a first time Madden player!

been playing since 96' when I was 7 years old

you are damn right it's addicting! even more if you are a NFL fan