Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who would win a fight between prime Mohammed Ali and prime Bruce Lee?

Ok its fun to pretend but physics are physics, assuming its a street fight to the death Ali would win, sure Bruce lee has sick speed and reflexes but so does ali, plus like a 100 pounds of muscle is just not fair, when it goes to the ground Ali would just ground and pound him to death. Literally.

Default Re: Who would win a fight between prime Mohammed Ali and prime Bruce Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Ok its fun to pretend but physics are physics, assuming its a street fight to the death Ali would win, sure Bruce lee has sick speed and reflexes but so does ali, plus like a 100 pounds of muscle is just not fair, when it goes to the ground Ali would just ground and pound him to death. Literally.

This is so much bull$hit.

Bruce Lee would dance around Ali and just toy with him.

It's so ridiculous that I think even asking the question of "who would win?" is a joke.

Bruce Lee would tear that mother f*cker apart.

Ring fight - Ali
    Street fight with gentlemen rule - Ali
    Street fight with no rules - Ali/Lee 50-50

Some of you flat out have never competed or even sparred with someone heavier than you. Last week I fought against someone who is 45lbs heavier than me (and I'm about 215lbs at the moment) and I stood no chance. For 6 rounds it was ducking and weaving with the a majority of my shots being counter jabs and hooks.

Ali would win every time. There is a point where physical size is too much for a smaller opponent, and 100lbs is way over that limit. Lee can be as quick as he wants, though heavyweight boxers at 230lbs are quick as shit as well.

Whether it be street fight or in a ring, Ali would win. No ifs, buts or maybe's about it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    This is so much bull$hit.

Bruce Lee would dance around Ali and just toy with him.

It's so ridiculous that I think even asking the question of "who would win?" is a joke.

Bruce Lee would tear that mother f*cker apart.
    yea because ali wasn't known for having incredible footwork and lightning quick reflexes...

Banned

problem is half of bruce lee's abilities are mythical. his lightning fast speed where nobody can hit him, lightning fast kicks/punches with supposed ridiculous power, and then theres people who believe the stuff about him having some touch of death ability or some crap like that(like from KillBill2) i remember i used to believe that shit when i was little too tho.

not to mention in fists of fury he could do some shit where he moved his arms so fast, they had to do it in slo-mo for us to see it. like half of Bruce's fighting game comes from his movies...
    Last edited by Poodle; 07-23-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Good High School Starter Saintsfan1992's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    problem is half of bruce lee's abilities are mythical. his lightning fast speed where nobody can hit him, lightning fast kicks/punches with supposed ridiculous power, and then theres people who believe the stuff about him having some touch of death ability or some crap like that(like from KillBill2) i remember i used to believe that shit when i was little too tho.

not to mention in fists of fury he could do some shit where he moved his arms so fast, they had to do it in slo-mo for us to see it. like half of Bruce's fighting game comes from his movies...
    this and to the other guy i ment eastern martial arts my B for not elebarating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1mIc1nogkY
    Re: Bruce Lee vs. Muhammad Ali: who would win in a fight?

Bruce Lee would be out cold 10 seconds into the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1mIc1nogkY
    Re: Bruce Lee vs. Muhammad Ali: who would win in a fight?
    yes that suave mexican backdrop made him seem so sophisticated and knowledgable I believed every bit of his elegant and completely intelligent analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Bruce Lee would be out cold 10 seconds into the fight.

This is a sad day for the OTC.

I can't believe so many posters feel this way.

Good High School Starter Saintsfan1992's Avatar

you are bat shit crazy if u think Bruce could **** with a prime Manny pac Floyd Maywether let alone Ali

i bet he could not even **** with a rocky marcino

No, everything is going accordingly.

You've picked the batshit crazy answer, which has in turn made you look stupid. Seems like a normal day. If you can't gather how much a 100lbs difference makes, then you're just f*cking thick.

You could train all your life at 160lbs becoming the best fighter ever in your weight division. The fact of the matter is, you'll never beat Brock Lesnar, no matter how good you are.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Exactly, physics are physics, and physics will tell you about kinetic energy that E=1/2mv^2, which means that velocity is much more important than mass. A 50% increase of velocity will need a 125% increase of mass from the other side to equal out, not to mention that if the body with the smaller mass is equally dense and has a similar shape with the body with the bigger mass, the energy of the first will be distributed in a smaller area, thus inflicting more damage (more energy per equal area).

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Exactly, physics are physics, and physics will tell you about kinetic energy that E=1/2mv^2, which means that velocity is much more important than mass. A 50% increase of velocity will need a 125% increase of mass from the other side to equal out, not to mention that if the body with the smaller mass is equally dense and has a similar shape with the body with the bigger mass, the energy of the first will be distributed in a smaller area, thus inflicting more damage (more energy per equal area).
    okay... i'll play your game.

Muhamed Ali has a 170% increase in mass.

So even assuming that Bruce Lee could punch faster he would still be able to absorb it and then some.

And, are you seriously doubting Ali's ability to take a punch? Do you know about his bout with prime foreman where he let him pound on him till he was completely drained?

All these f!cking idiots think bruce lee could even hurt Ali. Ali could take Lee's hardest shot to the head 10 times over.