Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 167
  1. #136
    Learning to shoot layups
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering article about LeBron from website...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Am I the only one who looks down on those who constantly whine, let alone care about what a celeb does?

    Suggestion: Stop writing articles that really serve no importance to society at all and try to become useful to said society in some manner or form.

    ...or you could all continue with your inferiority complexes....I hear chicks dig that. lol

    It's really what the weak do. Cry about the alpha males instead of looking at their own pathetic existence. lol
    LMAO tooooo far?

  2. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,211

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering article about LeBron from website...

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Yup.

    It wasn't even a bad article.

    Just goes to show how big of a douche this guy is ... they kept it quite under wraps in Cleveland for the past 7 years.



    This guy won't let people approach him at a club.

    But in LA at a resteraunt in 2003, 3 time NBA champion and world known superstar Kobe Bryant, was asked by my cousins friend directly to come over and wish her happy birthday ... and he gladly oblidged without censoring people from coming his way or having to complete an application in order to converse with him.
    Were your cousin and her friend teenage white girls by any chance?

  3. #138
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,461

    Default Re: The official reason ESPN pulled Markazi's Lebron article

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    I wasnt talking about the accuracy. The story was garbage. You spend a night partying with Lebron James and all that you can do is describe what happened? No funny jokes, no stories just you calling the man a child for a party that he was paid to attend.

    That is why it is garbage.

    Give us some insight into how much pull he has and other things that we wouldn't see on the court, don't concentrate on how he treated some waiter.

    To me it just seemed like he had some sort of beef with bron.
    The story was garbage because it didn't have enough jokes and didn't talk about how much pull he has? That's a ridiculously specific set of standards there. How he treated a waiting is exactly they type of thing you wouldn't see on court, you're contradicting yourself in the same sentence. Also the writer didn't call LeBron a child for going to a party that he was paid to attend, it was his behavior there and at the casino. You know, the part about the grown-ass man dunking on signs in a populated casino and shooting over invisible defenders by the slot machines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Am I the only one who looks down on those who constantly whine, let alone care about what a celeb does?

    Suggestion: Stop writing articles that really serve no importance to society at all and try to become useful to said society in some manner or form.

    ...or you could all continue with your inferiority complexes....I hear chicks dig that. lol

    It's really what the weak do. Cry about the alpha males instead of looking at their own pathetic existence. lol
    Lol, except that this is the whiniest post in the thread. Well it's like half whining and half alluding that you're so awesome that you don't care. All the while missing the whole point of why this article is even an issue. But I guess you're too busy being an alpha male to bother understanding anything that's going on around you. Here's a suggestion, think a little more before you put an opinion out, then you wouldn't have to try so hard to convince people of your alpha-ness in an effort to cover your lack of understanding. (Here's a hint, actual alpha's don't spend a lot of time talking about being an alpha.)

  4. #139
    Good college starter Darius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Handsome Man
    Posts
    3,167

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering article about LeBron from website...

    I don't see what is wrong with LBJs actions here. Seems like a young man enjoying himself.

  5. #140
    2nd Greatest Player Lebron23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Land of 6 NBA titles
    Posts
    56,422

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering article about LeBron from website...

    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    I don't see anything negative about any of the things Lebron did, the article just tries to lead you in a certain direction and that is Anti-lebron. Honestly its lame, its not an objective article, its a piece of trash catering to espn watchers and readers who are already anti-lebron. Written by a media troll, and all you just got trolled.
    This

  6. #141
    Marcus be so Smart Ketchup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: The official reason ESPN pulled Markazi's Lebron article

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    The story was garbage because it didn't have enough jokes and didn't talk about how much pull he has? That's a ridiculously specific set of standards there. How he treated a waiting is exactly they type of thing you wouldn't see on court, you're contradicting yourself in the same sentence. Also the writer didn't call LeBron a child for going to a party that he was paid to attend, it was his behavior there and at the casino. You know, the part about the grown-ass man dunking on signs in a populated casino and shooting over invisible defenders by the slot machines.

    He's childish for having fun? I'm sorry if what is fun to him is different than what you do.

    Thanks for not reading what I posted all the way through. My point was, if I spent the whole night with an NBA superstar in a casino, I would damn sure have more to say than this anti-lebron article did.

    Did he even have anything positive to say about the whole night? How one sided can an article get before you realize? Oh wait, if you're on the same side, it doesnt matter now does it?

  7. #142
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease thejusman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering Vegas party article about LeBron from website...

    Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio this morning says the Lebron article was pulled by ESPN because it was revealed that the writer did not follow proper protocol by disclosing the fact that he was a member of the media to Lebron & co. To paraphrase Cowherd, "that's not what we do here [at ESPN]. We don't 'snoop' around. We have to identify ourselves as members of the media from the get-go."

  8. #143
    We want Tacos! Babalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,388

    Default Re: The official reason ESPN pulled Markazi's Lebron article

    Don't know what the problem is here. Story wasn't bad. LBJ didn't do anything bad. *confused*

  9. #144
    shhhhhhh
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Downtown Hoops Dojo
    Posts
    29,144

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering Vegas party article about LeBron from website...

    [QUOTE]As the world

  10. #145
    College superstar Allstar24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    4,827

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering Vegas party article about LeBron from website...

    ESPN is a joke. To think they're supposed to be the premiere sports channel...embarrassing.

  11. #146
    Double Dribble Expert kobesabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Surf Cities
    Posts
    3,077

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering Vegas party article about LeBron from website...

    Is he holding 4 fingers to symbolize 4 invisible rings? Or past 4 years of failure? Or 4 more years of failure?

  12. #147
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,461

    Default Re: The official reason ESPN pulled Markazi's Lebron article

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    He's childish for having fun? I'm sorry if what is fun to him is different than what you do.

    Thanks for not reading what I posted all the way through. My point was, if I spent the whole night with an NBA superstar in a casino, I would damn sure have more to say than this anti-lebron article did.

    Did he even have anything positive to say about the whole night? How one sided can an article get before you realize? Oh wait, if you're on the same side, it doesnt matter now does it?

    I'm not agreeing with him, just pointing out that he wasn't called childish just for going to a party he was paid to attend like you say.

    I'm not sure why you think it's the journalists duty to fish for good things to say about LeBron. What type of positive action were you looking for in this scenario? Should he have fabricated some just to make people like you happy? That type of thing is exactly what people are complaining about in regards to modern journalism.

    Your ideas are contradictory. He only really expresses an opinion in one paragraph, the rest are just a retelling of his observations regardless if he only picked and chose actions that he found childish. If you think it's negative, its because you find his described actions as being negative. Yet you defend his actions as not being bad. Which is it? If his actions are ok, then a writers descriptions of the actions should also be ok. You can't say a writers description of events are all negative, then on the other side defend everything LeBron did was fine.

  13. #148
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    931

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering Vegas party article about LeBron from website...

    Lebron James = the only human being in the world who acts childishly in a party

  14. #149
    NBA rookie of the year
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,789

    Default Re: The official reason ESPN pulled Markazi's Lebron article

    Quote Originally Posted by Babalu
    Don't know what the problem is here. Story wasn't bad. LBJ didn't do anything bad. *confused*
    It's not about the content of the story or the fact that LeBron was partying. It's about ESPN sacrificing journalistic integrity by kowtowing to an athlete and his handlers. It's a big can of worms that really has nothing to do with LeBron's behavior (in this instance anyway).

    How some people can still be so stupid as to not get this is something of a headscratcher.

  15. #150
    National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,063

    Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering Vegas party article about LeBron from website...

    this really deserves a sticky?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •