Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Was literally jumping for joy for a good 10-20 minutes when I heard the news, and have been giggly for the last four hours. Began drinking some flavored vodka shortly after just to celebrate the day we turned this boat around. My god I'm happy. High fives indeed bro, let's catch a game together next season. Wooooooo!!!!!!
    It's a date my man. I was driving around doing errands today with this big shit eating grin on my face and catching weird looks and I just wanted to lash out and say "Don't you understand? Bird just turned Troy f*ckin Murphy into our starting point for the next decade, and that's all he gave up!" We've still got monster expirers/cap space to bring in a great young 4 to make the thing complete. I'm not kidding, we can net Horford somehow I'm shooting off those big ass thousand dollar fireworks.

Magic Johnson

Don't take this the wrong way Pacers fans...

It's definitely humbling to hear you guys jump with joy at the thought of being a regular playoff contender.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Don't take this the wrong way Pacers fans...

It's definitely humbling to hear you guys jump with joy at the thought of being a regular playoff contender.
    It's not just being a playoff team, it's being a team full of promising young prospects about to walk into a season with tons of expiring deals and/or cap space to turn into another major piece. It's not "Hey, we got DC, now we can top out at an ECF or two," it's "we're filling holes with young studs and who knows the limit?" I don't take it the wrong way, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way either. It must be damn nice being a fan of a franchise who's success is very much predicated on strictly location. That's no one's fault and no one should apologize for it, anything like that, just a nice perk that takes no doing of the franchise. I know a lot of Laker fans will be up in arms when I say it, but the realistic ones understand the truth, put Kupchak in Indy and Bird in LA (looking past his Boston and Indiana history) and they both most likely have completely different legacies. I for one am quite proud of our diehard fanbase and the history of our (NBA) ringless franchise.

Who thinks Grangers Fantasy value increases or decreases with this?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    You are under the assumption that any trade is a good one. They didn't have to make this deal. They didn't have to trade Collison at all.
    Not at all. I'm saying Ariza is a good ball player and a definite upgrade at that position from what you had. They didn't have to trade Collison but you aren't going to win with two PG's on the floor. Why have a guy on the bench who is talented before you even have a solid starting 5?

Fisher is good enough to start and make a contribution. But nobody here would trade Steph Curry for him now would they? It's not about what he can do, it's about what NOLA gave up and what ultimately it accomplished: which was nothing. Ariza isn't going to make them a contender, so acquiring him has done nothing but throw away their future after Paul leaves.
    No single player would make them a contender. That's why you need to get some solid pieces and they did end up doing that. Now you're assuming Paul will leave. You must have forgot the CBA is up after this season. Rumors have it the owners don't want to be in another 2010 free agency position like they were this year and they want to have more incentives to keep their stars.

He's a role player and that's all he'll ever be. That's great depending on the circumstances of the team and how he was acquired. But the Hornets don't need a role player, they need another legit star. Ariza would be great if they were a team struggling to close out a conference finals, not struggling to get into the playoffs. Now isn't the time to trade future all stars for patch up role players.
    He's more than a patch up role player. The funny thing is this is a team sport. The Hornets would have needed more pieces regardless. You make it sound like you can trade a guy with a rookie contract for Lebron James. You also make it sound like the Hornets wanted to add payroll. They did not. They have a budget to work with. I don't even think that team made money last year, yet you seem to think they can trade a guy in his second year for a seasoned player in their prime making 15 million per year. Like I asked previously, who was the better player NO was going to get and be realistic about it. There isn't a lot available now. Ariza is a good player at a good price.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Who thinks Grangers Fantasy value increases or decreases with this?
    I don't think it will affect his numbers. He just needs to be healthy this season.

No, I'm saying that at least when Paul leaves eventually, they will already have a quality PG who has all-star talent that they can go from there, whereas now they will have absolutely nothing unless they trade Paul in his last year and hope to get something in return.

It's the difference between having something to build on, and having nothing. As it is, this team just traded a future all star for a role player, and they will be in Cleveland's situation in 3 years: having zero direction, no franchise player, and no hope.
    A little pessimistic, don't you think?

Pacers would make the playoffs this season. Darren Collison averaged almost 20 ppg, and 8 apg when CP3 was out with an injury.

What's with C. Lee that the Houston will give up Ariza just like that? Ariza is a better over all player than C. Lee straight up. They also have Kevin Martin on the 2 spot, I really don't get it. Is he an expirer or something like that? The Houston can get more better deal trading Ariza and will get better player in return that would fit on the Rockets' system.

Again C. Lee?
    Last edited by dbugz; 08-12-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Decent playground baller Sweens's Avatar

Last edited by Sweens; 08-12-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    What's with C. Lee that the Houston will give up Ariza just like that? Ariza is a better over all player than C. Lee straight up. They also have Kevin Martin on the 2 spot, I really don't get it. Is he an expirer or something like that? The Houston can get more better deal trading Ariza and will get better player in return that would fit on the Rockets' system.

Again C. Lee?
    Check both player's contracts.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Again C. Lee?

ariza makes a tad more my friend. plus they are making room for budz to play more.

why is everyone assuming the hornets made this deal without talking to other teams? I will assume that they talked to EVERY team and see what they could get..... please stop with this they took their first offer crap...

Again C. Lee?
    One reason is the contract. Another is that Morey has been high on Lee since the 08 draft. Here's a link for reasons why the Rockets got him:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/dary...010_08_11.html

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    One reason is the contract. Another is that Morey has been high on Lee since the 08 draft. Here's a link for reasons why the Rockets got him:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/dary...010_08_11.html

Thanks for clearing that out

I said it before, but I'll say it again. Frontcourt minutes are wide open, training camp competition for the starting 4 man as the roster stands.

MCBOB'S COMIN FOR YOUR RIMS!