Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Awesome trade for Houston. I liked how Ariza was panning out with Martin in the line up, however this trade really gives our team more balance. Courtney is going to be excellent of our bench and is a capable starter for when/if Martin gets injured.

I think the motivation behind this trade was 1) salary reasons, this lets Houston pay less tax and 2) Houston wants Budinger as a future starter and with Ariza in the fold, this just wasn't going to work out.

Should be a fun season in Houston :).
    Pretty much how I feel.

I didn't have a problem with Ariza. I thought he was a bit overpaid, but I've never once thought to myself that he should be traded. But the Rockets are starting to get guys tied up in long term deals. Flexibility was needed. Houston could be in a good position for the 2011 offseason (excluding the possibility of a lock out) with Yao, Battier, Jeffries, and Hayes all coming off the books and shedding about 4.5 million going from Ariza to Lee. Yao's future is certainly very much in doubt and Battier isn't a young man anymore. This move should give us almost 20 million to play with in the offseason. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know a chunk of that will have towards locking up Brooks).

Wow.

If the Hornets really would give up on Collison just to get Ariza, that says a lot about where their Franchise is headed. Either they got some picks, or they are confident CP3 can make Ariza a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Wow.

If the Hornets really would give up on Collison just to get Ariza, that says a lot about where their Franchise is headed. Either they got some picks, or they are confident CP3 can make Ariza a better player.
    They are headed into Knick territory. And that depresses me greatly.

[QUOTE=Se

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    When they start signing cancers and overpaying backups then they're just starting their journey to 00-08 Knick territory.

Hornets need to get a new owner fast, either that or just bite the bullet and relocate out of New Orleans. New Orleans is probably the worst basketball market in the NBA, thats a football city & football state.

Banned

nah only Chris Paul is heading into Knick territory , hehe

When they start signing cancers and overpaying backups then they're just starting their journey to 00-08 Knick territory.
    Mo Pete.

Peja.

Posey.

They have already been overpaying people. And now they trade a possible star PG for a role player.

Hornets need to get a new owner fast, either that or just bite the bullet and relocate out of New Orleans. New Orleans is probably the worst basketball market in the NBA, thats a football city & football state.

I suggested a similar trade for Pacers a while back and got slammed. I had Felton going to Pacers, while also ending up with Posey, in a Paul to Knicks trade....for Ford's expirer. Everyone said Indiana would never take on Posey. Guess I was right....as usual.......

Mo Pete.

Peja.

Posey.

They have already been overpaying people. And now they trade a possible star PG for a role player.
    Each of those guys were good players, they went to New Orleans and started to suck. Peja was/is massively overpaid, but Mo Pete and Posey looked like very good contracts at the time for the Hornets. They deserved the money they've received beforehand, they just aren't playing like it.

Im trying to block out some of the horrible signings we made, so I'm not trying to compare.

why live??

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Easyily an A.

There was a logjam with Lee-Williams-Morrow and Ross
    No Williams can start and Favors doesnt have to. Lee was nice but inconsistent unfortunately.
    Ross isn't part of the equation. You should have mentioned Outlaw though.

I thought the rotation would have been:

SF: Outlaw (32) / Williams (16)
    SG: Lee (28) / Morrow (20)

Now what is it:
    SF: Outlaw (34) / Williams (8) / Ross (6)
    SG: Williams (20) / Morrow (28)

My initial reaction to trade, with caveat I can change my grades upon further analysis:

Rockets A- : Morey did it again, that c-cksucker. Gets a great young talent in Lee who's on his rookie scale and gets rid of Ariza's long term deal and saves themselves a bunch of money now and into future. It seemed to me Ariza was slightly falling out of favor on that team anyway.

Pacers B+: Gets them finally a PG upgrade who's still on his rookie scale contract. Have to eat Posey's contract, but Murphy's absence opens up time for younger guys anyway.

Nets C: I don't get this at all. Murphy doesn't even complement Lopez that well, does he? Aren't they both poor defenders? So they give away a cheap young talent...a building block in Lee to rent Murphy for the year? And pay more? And c-ckblock Favors? I'm not sure why Nets fans are happy.

Hornets C-: Collison was there one amazing trade chip....and the prize was Trevor Ariza and his four years of contract. Um......ok.......I guess the Paul drama made the Hornets management panic a little....that's what it seems to me.
    Last edited by bagelred; 08-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.

why live??

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Pacers B+: Gets them finally a PG upgrade who's still on his rookie scale contract. Have to eat Posey's contract, but Murphy's absence opens up time for younger guys anyway.
    Pacers are now in the playoff conversation.

[QUOTE=Se

[QUOTE=Se

why live??

Outlaw isn't a swingman like the rest of those guys. You can run an athletic line up with Outlaw at the 4. Hes a 3/4 type of guy.
    Ow, sounds like a mad rebounding team. Lopez and Outlaw? It doesn;t get much tougher.