Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Rubio looks incredible...

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I really hope he gets traded to NY. Minnesota just isnt the right place for his talents. Pairing him with Amare and Danillo would be great!
    He needs to take his talents to South Beach.

I really hope he gets traded to NY. Minnesota just isnt the right place for his talents. Pairing him with Amare and Danillo would be great!
    Anyway Minnesota actually did a good move, they could get some great pieces in exchange for rubio and they already have the position covered

Lol'd when someone said that in the NBA the defense is more agressive, and that there is not a lot of pick n'roll .. lol so hard.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

considering we're building the roster to run with rubio, dont count on it.

Where OJ Mayo Happens mayo'sgrizz's Avatar

even when he is in the NBA i just honestly dont see him avging double figures in pts bc he is not nearly good enough offensively to score efficiently. he thrives with spain bc he has played with these guys since he debuted as a 14 yr old. he knows the "spanish system" very well. so like i said he wont b a top 10 pg in nba for a while.

My biggest fear is he won't come to the NBA at all. He's already proven he won't make huge sacrifices to come over (I.E.- won't go into debt with his national team), but would he make any sacrifices at all? The sacrifice of not living in his home country? Having to play in a cold weather state, which he's already stated is an issue? With overseas leagues improving there isn't as much incentive for him to come over.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    My biggest fear is he won't come to the NBA at all. He's already proven he won't make huge sacrifices to come over (I.E.- won't go into debt with his national team), but would he make any sacrifices at all? The sacrifice of not living in his home country? Having to play in a cold weather state, which he's already stated is an issue? With overseas leagues improving there isn't as much incentive for him to come over.
    the reason he isnt already in the nba is because he would have gone in serious debt with DKV (his former team) I mean

[QUOTE=sodap]the reason he isnt already in the nba is because he would have gone in serious debt with DKV (his former team) I mean

Decent playground baller

Rubio looked inconsistent more than anything else. Last USA play on offense. Rubio gambles and goes for the steal, resulting in Rose beating him and driving down the lane where Gasol is forced to foul. If Rubio had simply played off Rose, there is no way that he's going to attempt a long range jumpshot. There were many instances of that happening on the defensive end of the court.

SGK_81
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Americans don't want to look at it this way, it's easier just to call him a b1tch and say that he's scared.
    People still think of him as the average college kid who have seen a 200$ note in his life. In fact the guy is a millionaire and needs the Wolves and their rookie contract less then they actually need him. He certainly looks more solid than the South Beach king who took his talents down the fun way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Lol'd when someone said that in the NBA the defense is more agressive, and that there is not a lot of pick n'roll .. lol so hard.

Go to this site called clutchfans.net

read the comments there. They actually believe that the NBA has far more intense and harder defense and that the NBA plays way more physical than the Euroleague.

It's a good site for laughs. Probably the most delusional sports fan base on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by SGK_81
    People still think of him as the average college kid who have seen a 200$ note in his life. In fact the guy is a millionaire and needs the Wolves and their rookie contract less then they actually need him. He certainly looks more solid than the South Beach king who took his talents down the fun way

Wait-a-minute....are you saying that Ricky Rubio's game looks better than Lebron's because I'm confused.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    why would you want to ship him out?? because you had to wait 2 extra years? he'd have so much pressure on him last year and this year, he'd of probably ended up failing. i dont think he was ready for the nba.

next year he will be.
    I wanted him out because I don't see a use for Rubio and Flynn together. I don't believe in making the sixth pick in the draft a backup pg and Rubio and Flynn won't be able to play at the same time as Rubio will get torched by taller sg's. I thought shipping him for a quality young big would have been good.

SGK_81
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Wait-a-minute....are you saying that Ricky Rubio's game looks better than Lebron's because I'm confused.
    nope, I'm saying that people are hypocrites for calling Rubio a coward when the NBA leading star decided to take the easy way out.
    It's off-topic but the draft system is not designed to attract high-calibre international players