Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scottie Pippen: Strong Side/Weak Side

concerning the pippen was in the building when MJ dunked from FT line, pippen was able too and did it

Quote Originally Posted by necya
    concerning the pippen was in the building when MJ dunked from FT line, pippen was able too and did it
    There's a lot of pippen haters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    There's a lot of pippen haters on this board.
    yeah, but it's nothing, most of guys here are 17yo and never watched more than 4 games of pippen...
    pippen is like a definition of the basketball game, how can people hate a player who is exemple in every aspect of a sport they say loving...?

Bol'd over

Lets clear up a few things here:
    [LIST][*]It's possible to like players and to be able to accept and appreciate jokes at their expense. It doesn't have to be seen as a sign of disrespect, if someone is in the public light they will be the butt of a joke at some stage. repeating that joke doesn't mean you don't like or respect that person, not everything in life needs to be taken so seriously. I mean, stuff like this:
    I don't think a bulls fan would post this. Unless you hate on pip. And therefore, your like every other bulls fan that's really just a jordan fan. Bad and distastefull post manute.
    What the hell is that about? People just read too much into simple things. Here is an example: My fiance is Malaysian Chinese, we have been together for seven years and sometimes I mock little quirks she has. Does that mean I secretly hate her and think white people are superior?
    [*]Some of the younger fans on here need to understand that there are people who are fans of a team first, not a player. I'm a 31 year old Bulls fan, have been a Bulls fan since 1988. Any player that wears my teams colours are fine by me for the duration of the time they are on my team. We've had some of our biggest rivals suit up for us. I used to cheer so strongly against players Like John Salley, Dennis Rodman and James Edwards when they were on the 'Bad Boys' Pistons squads and John Starks as a Knick, but I embraced them the second they donned the red and black. But I will always be a Chicago fan. When Pippen was a Rocket/Blazer and when MJ was a Wizard, I enjoyed watching them play, but I was still supporting Chicago, even when we were going up against those guys.
    [*]Some of you Kobe fanboys have let either:

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Hollywood, or
    3. Both

get in your head really badly. The original post barely mentions Jordan, but just because it is a piss-take of Pippen it doesn't mean it's sole intention is to elevate Jordan's status. Not everyone thinks like you immature morons with your fixation on individual rankings/legacy/importance. I watched Scottie from his second season, I am more than aware how important he was to our team.
    Just because your team is in Hollywood, doesn't mean everything on every team needs to be a drama. You had the Shaq/Kobe feud and you feel a need to take sides and try to tear the other down. As a Chicago fan it is possible like both Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, a lot of fans even liked them equally, believe it or not.
    The point is that a lot of older people care more about their team winning than individual legacies, unlike you dumbass kids.
    [*]Don't take portions of a quote out of context and try to tailor it to suit your argument, it just makes you look stupid. Example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    It's mainly guys like Fatal9 who overrate him; They claim to be Bulls fans, but are Jordan haters and feel the need to prop up Pippen at any chance. I liked Scottie, I thought he was good, but I still don't know how he got into the 50 Greatest Players over Dominique Wilkins. 'Nique definitely deserved it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado
    I liked Scottie, I thought he was good, but I still don't know how he got into the 50 Greatest Players

Scottie without a doubt deserved to be on that 50th anniversary team and is easily a top 25 player of all-time.

But of course Jordan fan boys think he carried a bunch of scrubs to 6 titles.
    Not quite what I wrote, was it Desparado? Fortunately Alhazred interpreted the point correctly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred
    Correcting a misleading post makes me a Jordan homer now? Desperado intentionally twisted Manute's words around to create a strawman argument. No one said that Pippen didn't deserve to be in the Top 50(At least I hope that's not what Manute was implying).

Also, I prefer Pippen over Wilkins, but I understand that Dominique still has plenty of fans and can sort of understand how some people would prefer him over Scottie.
    [/LIST]

The thread continues to spiral on about 'Pippen-Haters' after that. Seriously, you guys need to lighten up a little and not read so deeply into things. I loved both Jordan and Pippen, I wasn't chopping one down to prop up the other's legacy (mainly because I don't care about that bullshit), but I am also able to laugh at something that is at the expense of something I like/enjoy.
    I guess the point is that a lot of you guys need to grow up or get outside more or something...

Oh, and cheers to Alhazred for backing me up. Repped

Banned

Manute4ever....

Please stop with the cut and paste....

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    Manute4ever....

TheLogo....

Please stop with the trolling....

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    Manute4ever....

I just realised that you posted that so quickly after my post that you didn't actually have time to read it. Top work again, genius.

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

No problem, glad to support a fellow Onion fan.
    Last edited by Alhazred; 08-24-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Way to misquote him.

Key words in bold.
    I honestly don't see how he's being misquoted. He said he believed dominique should've gotten in OVER pip. Thus pip doesn't belong on the list cuz therese someone better.

It's mainly guys like Fatal9 who overrate him; They claim to be Bulls fans, but are Jordan haters and feel the need to prop up Pippen at any chance. I liked Scottie, I thought he was good, but I still don't know how he got into the 50 Greatest Players over Dominique Wilkins. 'Nique definitely deserved it more.
    There's a lot of guys that claim to be bulls fans. But yet never post in the bulls forum and only degrade anyone on the championship teams not named jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He's apparently better than Kobe, Wade and Lebron to some people...

Oh and don't forget Grant Hill; he was like, Lebron, but before Lebron... lol.

Some of the kids on here need to shut the f*ck up and stop pretending like they knew shit about previous eras if they haven't read up on it and watched tapes of the games.
    Grant hills was like lebron before he got hurt. He was putting up like 25 8 and 7. Eras are different now rules have made it easier for guys to score. Which is the reason for the 5 point difference. Although id still say lebron is a better scorer than hill.

Lets clear up a few things here:
    [LIST][*]It's possible to like players and to be able to accept and appreciate jokes at their expense. It doesn't have to be seen as a sign of disrespect, if someone is in the public light they will be the butt of a joke at some stage. repeating that joke doesn't mean you don't like or respect that person, not everything in life needs to be taken so seriously. I mean, stuff like this:

What the hell is that about? People just read too much into simple things. Here is an example: My fiance is Malaysian Chinese, we have been together for seven years and sometimes I mock little quirks she has. Does that mean I secretly hate her and think white people are superior?
    [*]Some of the younger fans on here need to understand that there are people who are fans of a team first, not a player. I'm a 31 year old Bulls fan, have been a Bulls fan since 1988. Any player that wears my teams colours are fine by me for the duration of the time they are on my team. We've had some of our biggest rivals suit up for us. I used to cheer so strongly against players Like John Salley, Dennis Rodman and James Edwards when they were on the 'Bad Boys' Pistons squads and John Starks as a Knick, but I embraced them the second they donned the red and black. But I will always be a Chicago fan. When Pippen was a Rocket/Blazer and when MJ was a Wizard, I enjoyed watching them play, but I was still supporting Chicago, even when we were going up against those guys.
    [*]Some of you Kobe fanboys have let either:

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Hollywood, or
    3. Both

get in your head really badly. The original post barely mentions Jordan, but just because it is a piss-take of Pippen it doesn't mean it's sole intention is to elevate Jordan's status. Not everyone thinks like you immature morons with your fixation on individual rankings/legacy/importance. I watched Scottie from his second season, I am more than aware how important he was to our team.
    Just because your team is in Hollywood, doesn't mean everything on every team needs to be a drama. You had the Shaq/Kobe feud and you feel a need to take sides and try to tear the other down. As a Chicago fan it is possible like both Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, a lot of fans even liked them equally, believe it or not.
    The point is that a lot of older people care more about their team winning than individual legacies, unlike you dumbass kids.
    [*]Don't take portions of a quote out of context and try to tailor it to suit your argument, it just makes you look stupid. Example:

Not quite what I wrote, was it Desparado? Fortunately Alhazred interpreted the point correctly:
    [/LIST]

The thread continues to spiral on about 'Pippen-Haters' after that. Seriously, you guys need to lighten up a little and not read so deeply into things. I loved both Jordan and Pippen, I wasn't chopping one down to prop up the other's legacy (mainly because I don't care about that bullshit), but I am also able to laugh at something that is at the expense of something I like/enjoy.
    I guess the point is that a lot of you guys need to grow up or get outside more or something...

Dude what do you expect? Nobody knows anybody on these internet web sites. All I can do is gather what you post, and decide from there. And the message you wrote coincides with what the average pippen hater spews. If it looks like a pippen hater, talks like a pippen hater, and post stuff like a pippen hater then its a pippen hater.

I just call them like I see them. You don't want to be lumped in with them then don't talk like them.

Correcting a misleading post makes me a Jordan homer now? Desperado intentionally twisted Manute's words around to create a strawman argument. No one said that Pippen didn't deserve to be in the Top 50(At least I hope that's not what Manute was implying).

Also, I prefer Pippen over Wilkins, but I understand that Dominique still has plenty of fans and can sort of understand how some people would prefer him over Scottie.
    I don't know bro. I just don't see it. Pippen is clearly a better basketball player than wilkins.

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

I honestly don't see how he's being misquoted. He said he believed dominique should've gotten in OVER pip. Thus pip doesn't belong on the list cuz therese someone better.
    I read it as him thinking that Pippen shouldn't have been ranked higher than Dominique, not that he shouldn't have been in at all. I believe Manute confirmed that in his recent post.

I don't know bro. I just don't see it. Pippen is clearly a better basketball player than wilkins.
    Wilkins was amazing at his peak, particularly the late 80s and early 90s. Him and Bird were considered the two best small forwards in the league pre-1990, plus he led an inferior Hawks team to a seven game second round series against Boston in 88. Like I said, Scottie is the better overall player in my opinion, but Dominique was no scrub himself, either. Besides, I don't know why some of you are ragging on Manute for preferring Wilkins when Desperado has compared him to MJ on multiple occasions. If he's good enough to be compared to Jordan, then it really shouldn't be that inconceivable that someone might prefer him over Pippen, right?

I read it as him thinking that Pippen shouldn't have been ranked higher than Dominique, not that he shouldn't have been in at all. I believe Manute confirmed that in his recent post.

Wilkins was amazing at his peak, particularly the late 80s and early 90s. Him and Bird were considered the two best small forwards in the league pre-1990, plus he led an inferior Hawks team to a seven game second round series against Boston in 88. Like I said, Scottie is the better overall player in my opinion, but Dominique was no scrub himself, either. Besides, I don't know why some of you are ragging on Manute for preferring Wilkins when Desperado has compared him to MJ on multiple occasions. If he's good enough to be compared to Jordan, then it really shouldn't be that inconceivable that someone might prefer him over Pippen, right?
    Dominique was a great player just not better than pippen. And I don't mean to rag on manute. I'm just sick of these posers that claim to be bulls fans to qualify their degradation of pippen. Just admit you love jordan and followed the bulls only cuz michael jordan played for them. And the fact is that manutes post alligns him in that camp.