Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Default Re: Have you ever punched someone in the face?

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    Was it worth it? Why or why not? Did you feel bad aftewards? Did it hurt your hand? Did it give you an adrenaline rush? Do you want to do it again in the future?

Discuss.
    Yes, on several occaisions.

I was well worth it, every time. In all instances, it was someone being a douchebag, trying to step to me, or trying to fight me.

I have never felt bad to punching someone in the face.

It's never hurt my hand, you can build up a resistance to damage and pain there over time. I guess for some people they can't, but if you do it right it shouldn't hurt. It's a natural weapon on the body. Same with your heels, knees, elbows, teeth, nails, and upper part of the forehead.

I guess it gave an adrenaline rush sometimes, but sometimes not, like when it was a really easy fight that only took a hit or two to end.

I probably would do it in the future, if the situation called for it. I don't go out seeking fights or anything though. Haven't been in many fights in years either. Just one I can think of.

punching someone in the nose is quite satisfying... watching them buckle with there hand over there face. never been hit in the nose in a fight but my daughter headbutted me on accident once and my eyes watered up instantly and it hurt like hell... felt a little ashamed with my daughter looking at me in a fetal postion on the ground......

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Yes, on several occaisions.

I was well worth it, every time. In all instances, it was someone being a douchebag, trying to step to me, or trying to fight me.

I have never felt bad to punching someone in the face.

It's never hurt my hand, you can build up a resistance to damage and pain there over time. I guess for some people they can't, but if you do it right it shouldn't hurt. It's a natural weapon on the body. Same with your heels, knees, elbows, teeth, nails, and upper part of the forehead.

I guess it gave an adrenaline rush sometimes, but sometimes not, like when it was a really easy fight that only took a hit or two to end.

I probably would do it in the future, if the situation called for it. I don't go out seeking fights or anything though. Haven't been in many fights in years either. Just one I can think of.
    Bullshit. Either you never punched someone, or you never punched someone that hard. If you ram your fist into the cheek, or side of the head, you will hit bone, which will definitely hurt your hand. Every time that I have woken up the next day from a fight, my hands are usually swollen, especially the knuckles.

I used to box for about a year, so I know how to throw a punch correctly too. It still hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I've never wanted to **** with somebody that head butts people
    cabrones, the only time i've been knocked down in a street fight was from a headbutt. checking the dude's hands waiting for him to swing and BAM, never see it coming and he splits my head open and knocks me on my ass in a bowling alley parking lot in front of all my friends and the girl i was trying to score
    popped right back up but still, jesus, a headbutt

and yeah hitting people is alright if they deserve, connecting solid feels good at the time, hand hurts later, really hurts if you break a knuckle. Always felt pretty dumb afterwards though, never been in a fight in my life that wasn't over stupid shit that could have been avoided.
    Last edited by Zombles; 09-04-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Good High School Starter

I've punched lots of people in the face. Mostly sparring MMA or boxing.

I used to fight a lot in school. Punched quite a few people in the face and have been hit a lot too. We would have organized fight clubs daily in bathrooms/locker rooms. I'd also participate in those.

Been in less then a handful of street fights. Haven't been in any for years. A few years back close friend of mine was murdered after he kicked some kids ass in the virgin islands. I'll only fight if I absolutely have no other choice or if a loved one is in harms way.

I still have plenty of friends that I grew up who get drunk and run their mouths and usually end up scrapping. I stay out of that as well.

Made that high school varsity squad NYballin's Avatar

first time i seriously punched someone in the face was in 7th grade during english class, he was an annoying ass kid that played way too much.. he deserved it

코비=GOAT

Probably because I was always in martial arts: Hwa Rang Do, TKD, and Kung Fu, they always said to use palm strikes and I used palm strikes in both the fights I had. Both times they telegraphed badly and I could step to the outside of their body and hit their head with a horizontal palm strike.

Future D1 Dad

i hit a friend in the mouth in 6th grade. he was teasing me about liking this one girl in class right after recess, b4 the teacher came in. i told him not to say it again, he did and i popped him right in the mouth.

1st time i ever punched someone and i knocked his 2 front teeth out. he ran crying to the restroom, i followed and there was blood everywhere. he had to get glass teeth put in but i don't remember ever getting in trouble for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    Was it worth it? Why or why not? Did you feel bad aftewards? Did it hurt your hand? Did it give you an adrenaline rush? Do you want to do it again in the future?

Discuss.
    Yes in 2 ways. When I did kick boxing punching people in the face was you know your job. I had gloves so it didnt hurt and I was more tired then pumped up.

Like 3 or 4 years ago in school I punched someone in the face who punched me in the back when I was walking away. Didnt hurt my hand but I had so much adrenaline that they made me take a test the period after I punched the guy before I got suspended, and I got 100 on the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
    I've punched lots of people in the face. Mostly sparring MMA or boxing.

I used to fight a lot in school. Punched quite a few people in the face and have been hit a lot too. We would have organized fight clubs daily in bathrooms/locker rooms. I'd also participate in those.

Been in less then a handful of street fights. Haven't been in any for years. A few years back close friend of mine was murdered after he kicked some kids ass in the virgin islands. I'll only fight if I absolutely have no other choice or if a loved one is in harms way.

I still have plenty of friends that I grew up who get drunk and run their mouths and usually end up scrapping. I stay out of that as well.
    Lol thats funny man, we used to have the same lockerroom fight clubs in my school, we'd film them and put it on a website too before the days of youtube, i wonder if i can still find em...

I used to street brawl a lot...i've already chronicled some of it on ISH before, I even got nicknamed one hit wonder for knocking someone out cold on back to back thursdays at the local bar...

I havent been in a fight in over 2 years, I really try to avoid conflict nowadays, way back then I used to fiend for drama...just grew up since then and got too much to lose to get in a beef that will attract attention or get me stabbed/shot for nothing...

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

lol i used to all the time..but i stopped in high school the last one was in 1996..i broke a kid's nose and got suspended :/

i was also in a 1 vs 3 fight when i was kid..what happened was i just grabbed on to 1 kid and pummeled him while letting the 2 other kids hit me as much as they want (they didnt bother to hold me lol)

Banned

I wonder what factions would develop if we had an ish brawl. Kobe stans would get stomped on by the whole site. Lul

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

The few times that it came to blows...... it usually goes down like this.

guy comew up to me and does the chest bump thing (i never understood why people do this)

then me connecting with a headbutt.... a well timed headbutt is a good one hit type of confrontation.

i have hit people, but if a head butt is an option, that is my numebr one....

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Bullshit. Either you never punched someone, or you never punched someone that hard. If you ram your fist into the cheek, or side of the head, you will hit bone, which will definitely hurt your hand. Every time that I have woken up the next day from a fight, my hands are usually swollen, especially the knuckles.

I used to box for about a year, so I know how to throw a punch correctly too. It still hurts.
    It barely hurts, to the point it's not that noticeable. And yes, I have punched people extremely hard. I can punch a wall and it barely hurts (not full force obviously). I usually punch people in the eye, sort of around the temple/eye/eyebrow.

Your hands were SWOLLEN? I've never had that happen to me even when I've punched someone with full force. I've punched people on at least 20 occaisions, and have never had a swollen hand afterward, even once. The worst thing that's ever happened was cutting my hand on someone's teeth, or slight bruising from hitting someone repeatedly. . .which has happened a few times. It's never felt so bad that I whined about my hand hurting, had to shake it off, or anything. People who never throw punches and have extremely low tolerance to pain do things like that.

I can't see how you were "boxing" if you're constantly crying about your hands hurting after hitting someone. No offense, but I don't it's hard to believe there's a boxing that complains about their hands hurting after every punch.. Sure, maybe after a whole fight your hands will hurt. . .not after a few punches. You should be able to jab painted stone walls and not feel very hurt. Even I can do that, and I've never "boxed". Stop lying.

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    lol i used to all the time..but i stopped in high school the last one was in 1996..i broke a kid's nose and got suspended :/

i was also in a 1 vs 3 fight when i was kid..what happened was i just grabbed on to 1 kid and pummeled him while letting the 2 other kids hit me as much as they want (they didnt bother to hold me lol)
    That sucks man. Only two fights I've ever lost were 1v3. It's always bullshit when people are too puss' to just fight you themselves. Sorry to hear that's happened to you too.

Good High School Starter

Punching someone in the face with your bare fist regardless of your technique will **** up your hand. Most punches don't connect clean and will hit someones head or arm/shoulder/other body part. When you're in a fight you don't feel it because you have a super intense adrenalin rush but bone is really hard. No matter how tough you are you feel that later on.