Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James VS Kevin Durant 2011: Which predicted stats would be more impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    IMO...LeBron- 25ppg 9.3reb 9.4ast...63wins...MVP...Would be sick for LBJ and his fans.

Why do people keep expecting LeBron to average a triple double? Yall are acting like he's going to be the starting PG for the whole season. He's the SF and will most likely be played off ball moreso than in Cleveland. No way he finds time to average a triple double with Wade and Chalmers on the floor. Think people.

Default Re: LeBron James VS Kevin Durant 2011: Which predicted stats would be more impressive?

lol @ people thinking Bron will even come close to averaging a triple double. Dude is gonna average less assists than he did this past season...

Guys, LeBron basically had the ball in his hands all the time and averaged 8.5 APG. He also averaged 7.5 rebounds per game the highest. This year he is playing with slightly worse rebounders but he has Dwyane Wade being just as good a playmaker as him, and Chris Bosh to share the ball with.

I think he will stay in 7 APG and 7 RPG region, but anything past 26 PPG is not realistic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    lol @ people thinking Bron will even come close to averaging a triple double. Dude is gonna average less assists than he did this past season...
    i disagree, i think the biggest difference in the Heat LeBron is gonna be his assists, he is still gonna score well, he is not gonna have to rebounds as much with Chris Bosh down there, so he is gonna play decoy and assist to Wade and Bosh A LOT, i think with his passing skill and these teammates, there is no way he averages single-digit assists, and i dont even like LeBron

The only thing that stands out to me is the 68 wins. I think all of the stats and win projections are off base, but I'd be extremely surprised to see that team get 68 wins their first year together...

-Smak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Don't you realize he has very young teammates who are improving as well, and what you're basically saying is he's gonna be more efficient then a Prime Michael Jordan. What's next? 36 PPG on 58% FG? The kid basically cannot get much better on offence then hew as last year, and if you think he will be improving every year until 25 you're horribly wrong.

He is not a good enough playmaker, so teams will double him and he won't be scoring 33 points game, not even close. Plus, to get 33 points per game he's gonna have to shot jack like crazy. It's not like he doesn't get a ton of bullshit fouls already.

Lol@ LeBron averaging 23 points per game. The guy is the more efficient\best scorer in the league. No matter what teammates play with him he won't average less then 25 points per game, he just won't.

Lol@ Wade. He's my favorite player, but no ****ing way in the world will he shoot 37% 3 PT and 85% FT. He's a 35% 3 PT 80% FT person at max.
    i can tell ur a LeBron stan

first of all, how is the kid NOT gonna improve year-after-year from 21? improvement doesnt mean more PPG it means basketball situational wisdom, decision making and skill-size use-advantage on the court, Kevin Durant has only scratched the surface of his potential, his teammates are also improving but he is the undisputed leader everywhere he plays, Durant is gonna get the hot hand ALOT and dont think his teammates wont feed him, if u think this kid WONT IMPROVE every year until AT LEAST 25 (27 is considered absolute prime) UR CRAZY

Kevin Durant is a fine playmaker, not as fine as his scoring ability but he knows when to pass and when to shoot as well any anybody if not better, he is not gonna "shot jack like crazy" and if u think Durant gets more bullsh!t calls than LEBRON JAMES AND DWAYNE WADE u are an self confessed HATER

i think ur gonna be unpleasantly suprised at your "hero" LeBron he has gotta sacrifice shots to get assists ull see

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Miami plays at an even slower pace than Cleveland did, so unless that changes these predictions of double digit assists for Lebron just aren't going to come true. 25/7/7 sounds about right, but even 25 ppg might be a bit high because that would mean 18-19 FGA for him, and with Wade and Bosh both needing shots I don't know if that will happen. In Boston each of the Big 3 have seen about a 25-35% reduction in FGA since joining up. I don't see how things will be different in Miami.
    Last edited by barbaroi; 09-14-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Local High School Star

There's no way either guy puts up those stats. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Durant had a less impressive scoring season this year. 25-7-7 55% for Lebron and 30-8-3 49% for Durant is way more realistic.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

LeBron's going to score less, but get more assists and boards. So I say he averages like ALMOST a triple-double.

Durant, will average more points and more boards.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: LeBron James VS Kevin Durant 2011: Which predicted stats would be more impressive

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06
    umm... i dont know if u really follow basketball, but why would the youngest scoring champ of all time and the scoring leader for the FIBA Team USA score LESS after winning the championship this summer?

Kevin Durant 33.1 ppg 7.4 rpg 3.0 apg 51.0%FGs 40.3%3ptFGs 90.1% FTs
    LeBrob James 23.4 ppg 7.1 rpg 10.1 apg 50.1% FGs 34.5% 3ptFGs 78% FTs

Dwayne Wade 25.2 ppg 5.2 rpg 5.1 apg 48.2% FGs 36.7% 3ptFGs 84.3% FTs
    Chris Bosh 17.5 ppg 11.2 rpg 2.0 bpg 53.4% 31.2% 3pFGs 79.3% FTs
    I don't see why Lebron's shooting percentage would go down while taking fewer shots and playing with much better players like a legit superstar in Wade and another perennial all-star in Bosh.

I see 26/7/8 for Lebron or 27/7/7 on something like 52% from the field. I hope he cuts down on the 3s and if he does, he could shoot an even better percentage.

I also don't see Bosh averaging just 17.5 ppg, particularly if he shoots 53%. That'd mean he was getting less than 12 shots per game, and despite playing with Lebron and Wade, I really don't see that happening.

And I don't see 33/7/3 on 51/40/90 for Durant either.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa

Why do people keep expecting LeBron to average a triple double? Yall are acting like he's going to be the starting PG for the whole season. He's the SF and will most likely be played off ball moreso than in Cleveland. No way he finds time to average a triple double with Wade and Chalmers on the floor. Think people.
    LeBron's a great passer with amazing court vision. So with 2 top players, how is his assist average not going to go up?

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James VS Kevin Durant 2011: Which predicted stats would be more impressive

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I don't see why Lebron's shooting percentage would go down while taking fewer shots and playing with much better players like a legit superstar in Wade and another perennial all-star in Bosh.

I see 26/7/8 for Lebron or 27/7/7 on something like 52% from the field. I hope he cuts down on the 3s and if he does, he could shoot an even better percentage.

I also don't see Bosh averaging just 17.5 ppg, particularly if he shoots 53%. That'd mean he was getting less than 12 shots per game, and despite playing with Lebron and Wade, I really don't see that happening.

And I don't see 33/7/3 on 51/40/90 for Durant either.
    There's no way Lebron scores 27. That would mean something like 19-20 FGA for him. If he and Wade both take 19-20 FGA, and Bosh takes 15-16, there would be practically no shots left, particularly in Miami's slow paced system. Last year Miami averaged only 80 FGA per game. If they go with a 8-9 man rotation that would leave like 3.5-4.5 shots for each of the rotation players. And if we assume Miller will be taking 6-8 shots, there's only 3 left for each of the others. I mean even Jordan Farmar averaged 6 shots a game last year and he was the 8th man on the Lakers. There aren't enough posessions for Miami's big 3 to each stay near their last season's scoring output.
    Last edited by barbaroi; 09-14-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    The only thing that stands out to me is the 68 wins. I think all of the stats and win projections are off base, but I'd be extremely surprised to see that team get 68 wins their first year together...

-Smak
    Id honestly be surprised if they break 60 wins tbh. Everyteam in the league is gonna be gunning for them and they are gonna sell out everywhere they go...The teams will be hyped, the crowd will be bumpin...

Mavs
    Lakers
    Bulls
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Celtics
    Blazers
    Hawks
    Orlando

These teams can easily take multiple games from the Heat...I wouldnt be surprised if they end up with 58 wins...The person whose game is gonna suffer the most imo is Chris Bosh...he is gonna turn into more of a jumpshooter than he already is and its gonna negatively effect his game.

You guys are thinking too high out of Kevin Durant, he is not that good yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Id honestly be surprised if they break 60 wins tbh. Everyteam in the league is gonna be gunning for them and they are gonna sell out everywhere they go...The teams will be hyped, the crowd will be bumpin...

Mavs
    Lakers
    Bulls
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Celtics
    Blazers
    Hawks
    Orlando

These teams can easily take multiple games from the Heat...I wouldnt be surprised if they end up with 58 wins...The person whose game is gonna suffer the most imo is Chris Bosh...he is gonna turn into more of a jumpshooter than he already is and its gonna negatively effect his game.
    But still, the Heat are STACKED. It will be really hard for teams to defend 3 guys and double up on some.