Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Michael Vick is such a unique talent.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    hes a scrambling quarterback. Now, I agree it wont decrease his longevity like a primary RB, but I think its pretty nuts to think that he will be an effective starting QB (without a drastic shift in his style of play) at age 35-36
    He hasn't played in 4 years, so his body is much fresher than a QB who has been taking hits over the years.

I rule the local playground Birmingham1955's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He hasn't played in 4 years, so his body is much fresher than a QB who has been taking hits over the years.
    yeah are you arent going to loose too much energy sitting in prison. I don't think he can ever lead a team to the Super Bowl but he is more than capable of being a playoff contender year in and year out like McNabb was.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    sure, but it doesnt change the fact that he wont be able to play this style of ball at age 35 effectively. its not just about football wear and tear, its about aging. any player who is hyper-dependent on his athleticism to separate himself from other players is gonna see a decline across his 30s. whereas other players who are able to contribute effectively because of a highly-developed skill set can weather that better. for example, compare stevie franchise with stevie nash. 10 years ago you would have been laughed out of the room for picking nash over franchise, but look at the huge drop off in franchise over his late 20s.

Good college starter

Vick is the Starbury of the NFL

Banned

I dont follow the NFL, therefor, I cant make a solid opinion. But judging by your basketball opinions, trying to pass OJ Mayo as the best player in the history of the NBA, I dont trust you much with this.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    I'm not sure what that has to do with his talent niko.
    Him going to the HOF would require him to have a stellar second act in his career which i don't think is possible because if he is excelling, he will **** it up because he is a retard.

that has to do with it. HOw many great players have we seen underachieve in all sports due to them making poor decisions? It's not like Vick was this stellar citizen who ****ed up once, he's a person who makes perpetually bad chocies who finally ****ed up huge.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    We will never see a quarterback like him again for awhile. The guy can make a play out of nothing. I am watching all these slow white quarterbacks, not being able to make plays when a play breaks down. I'm talking about you Carson " Slower than a Snail" Palmer.

I can only imagine if Michael Vick actually played with a great big time receiver like a Prime Terrell Owens or Prime Randy Moss or Prime Andre Johnson. Hell, Deshawn Jackson isn't even close to the level of receiver those guys were, and he is looking 10x better than he ever has with Vick breaking down coverages like no other.

It is just beautiful to watch him play. Making plays, rolling out the pocket, cannon arm, 4.3 speed. At age 30, he ain't a lost a step, if anything he is just as fast, and a way better passer. It is ashame these white owners and coaches aren't giving him a chance. It is laughable a scrub like Kevin Kolb even was consider a starter over him.

Michael Vick will go down as a HOFer. One of the most talented quarterbacks ever. Ever. End of story.

Michael Vick definitely should be the starting QB for the Eagles going forward, I suspect Kolb comes back struggles next week and Vick is back week 4-16 as the starting QB.

HOF?......

If Vick can put up 280 yards with 2 td and no picks vs a good defense I will be impressed, but its the fcking detroit lions!!!!!

I don't think you can judge Mike like most other QB's because he was pretty successful win wise using his feet in Atlanta....they were a running team.

I think this version of Vick will be much better because he trusts his arm more.

No he is not a HOFer, but he can turn his career around and repair his reputation as a person and a ball player somewhat.

Michael Vick will go down as a HOFer. One of the most talented quarterbacks ever. Ever. End of story.
    He's not a consistent passer. The only thing that has made him a name is his legs and how athletic he is. He will not be inducted into the Hall of Fame. What a f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking ridiculous statement you made son.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

We will never see a quarterback like him again for awhile. The guy can make a play out of nothing. I am watching all these slow white quarterbacks, not being able to make plays when a play breaks down. I'm talking about you Carson " Slower than a Snail" Palmer.

I can only imagine if Michael Vick actually played with a great big time receiver like a Prime Terrell Owens or Prime Randy Moss or Prime Andre Johnson. Hell, Deshawn Jackson isn't even close to the level of receiver those guys were, and he is looking 10x better than he ever has with Vick breaking down coverages like no other.

It is just beautiful to watch him play. Making plays, rolling out the pocket, cannon arm, 4.3 speed. At age 30, he ain't a lost a step, if anything he is just as fast, and a way better passer. It is ashame these white owners and coaches aren't giving him a chance. It is laughable a scrub like Kevin Kolb even was consider a starter over him.

Hardly unique

Also, he's a bad passer.

HIs accuracy and reading of the defense is shaky.

I liked him before, I like him now. He is the reason im a Falcons fan now, and luckily now I can keep this guy as a fav player so long as he doesn't eff up again.

Banned

Vick is one of the most overrated QB's in our lifetime. everyones on his nuts over 2 games but he'll have games soon if he keep starting where he sucks, with no touch at all.

he also got his ass beat by the Joe's in 3v3.

he was overrated for ATL too, when his speed novelty ran out.