Decent college freshman

Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    cuz his not good enough.
    right on point

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    As someone who loves watching Rose play, this MVP stuff is crazy talk. Rose would literally be the most undeserving and worst player to win the MVP if he got it this season (yes, including Nash).
    Undeserving? Dross has been consistent the whole year and clutch all season.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Complete Player

I like this article mainly because of the bolded parts....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...selebron011611

[quote]CHICAGO

Nice trip dub there Rose.

Root Of All Evil

Rose essentially told LeBron ... "I want to be the man, I want to shoulder the responsibility, I want to bring my HOMETOWN to the glory."

Rose probably thought it was ridiculous LeBron wanted to bail on his hometown.

Rose is basically a

Rose WANTS the challenge. Rose WANTS to prove himself.

I respect that. Love of the game. And Rose has proven to put work in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    What is elite base on? Stats, performance, reputation, popularity?

He's 7th in PPG and 10th in APG. His team is 3rd in the East in spite of serious injuries to key players.

Not sure how he cannot be a top 5 player right now. Like Yung D-Will said, if you're playing like an MVP then you should be in the running.
    Wow, what a great post. Very fair and true. And from a jazz fan too. Expect a rep when I can.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Rose essentially told LeBron ... "I want to be the man, I want to shoulder the responsibility, I want to bring my HOMETOWN to the glory."

Rose is basically a

That's exactly what I like about the kid. Despite his talent and confidence he has a humble demeanor about him and not outwardly boastful or cocky. Rose is definitely the kind of player I root for.

Local High School Star

Saw some crazy stats during the game:

Rose has accounted for 46% of the Bulls scoring this year, either through assists or his own PPG.

The Bulls have the third best record in the league since December 4th.

The Bulls have only had their optimal starting lineup lace up 9 times together this year and still are on pace for 55 wins.

Rose is top 10 in both PPG and APG, shooting close to 40% from 3, is averaging 8.5 FTA per game the past 10 (and 5 per game before that).

D-Rose has been the one solid player in a storm of injuries and inconsistencies. He's a surefire All Star Starter and a legit MVP candidate. No other player in the league has done for their team what Derrick has done for the Bulls.

I just don't see why people feel he's not in the mvp running. I mean look at who is in the running and compare their stats to rose as well as the teams record and respective situations. Rose is in the discussion. To say he's not in the discussion is rediculous. And im reading people say that its not even close. Come on

Id also like to point out that one month before the season started, I and a few other bulls fans predicted roses stats. And that the bulls would be a 50 win team. And you guys called us crazy. What are you guys gonna say if he wins the mvp this year.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

Rose is basically a

While a lot of that is true, I wonder how Rose would feel if Mo Williams was his second best player? What if Carlos Boozer was still in Cleveland w/Lebron and Noah was his best post scorer? Wha

Rose is in the same position as Lebron was, and Lebron enthusiastically took on the challenge and won 2 MVPs, but like anything you play with no talent and you just don't win, no matter how good you are.

Maybe Rose would react differently than Lebron by staying in Cleveland, we don't know, but lets not act like its a slam dunk (no pun intended). There situations are completely different, because to be honest, I don't think Lebrons' ever played with a roster and balanced and young as this Bulls team.

Lebrons' always played with good roleplayers and thats it. There situations are not the same, and we don't know what kind of player/person Rose is seven years from now.

Rose is great though, Im a believer.

The Holy Trinity

Why not? Steve Nash already set the precedent that you can be MVP without being a top 5 player.

Sure, there's many retired all-time-greats-- and all-time-great PGs at that-- who never never sniffed the award like Isiah and John Stockton, as well as future greats like Wade and possibly D. Howard who may very well never win it. But, hey, if the olfactory-challenged voters think that it passes the smell-test to have the name Rose added to the list of MVPs when the aforementioned names aren't on the list, then who am I to argue?

In fact, let's try to get Ginobli one too! Start the Manu in 2012 campaign now, since we're gonna be giving them out to just about anybody now (except some of the greatest players who have ever played this game)....

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Why not? Steve Nash already set the precedent that you can be MVP without being a top 5 player.

Sure, there's many retired all-time-greats-- and all-time-great PGs at that-- who never never sniffed the award like Isiah and John Stockton, as well as future greats like Wade and possibly D. Howard who may very well never win it. But, hey, if the olfactory-challenged voters think that it passes the smell-test to have the name Rose added to the list of MVPs when the aforementioned names aren't on the list, then who am I to argue?

In fact, let's try to get Ginobli one too! Start the Manu in 2012 campaign now, since we're gonna be giving them out to just about anybody now (except some of the greatest players who have ever played this game)....